We have decided to stop in Dubai for 2 nights on our way home from JFK to Perth, thought it would be fun to visit and also to break a very long journey. This will be in November.
There a heaps of hotels that Emirates use with the stopover package, I just have no idea which one to pick or in which area. The Le Meridien Dubai seems to get good reviews, that's all I've come up with. We are more B&B type people and don't often stay in large hotels, we just want a nice place with a good comfortable bed and a pool!
We will be arriving 10.30pm so it will be straight to the hotel for much needed sleep, we then thought we would spend the day using the HOHO bus just getting off here and there. Also included is the dow ride on the creek. We were also wondering about doing the night time bus tour just to see all those amazing buildings lit up. Then next morning its back to the airport for a 10.45am departure.
I would appreciate any suggestions.
Dubai Stopover with Emirates-which hotel and where?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 A family safari in Tanzania
- 2 Just Back: Taming Kilimanjaro and northern Tanzania
- 3 Yellow fever vaccination for trip to southern Africa
- 4 Five Thousand Years in 19 days - Pyramids, Tombs, Camels and a River
- 5 Early Planning for Spring/Summer 2016 - Wild Dogs, Leopards and Cheetahs
- 6 3 weeks in Uganda - Our Experience
- 7 Uganda Trip Report
- 8 Epic budget trip in Kenya and Tanzania (safari and more)
- 9 Popular destinations in Africa.
- 10 Central African Republic: Open for Tourists Again
- 11 Morocco Sahara Desert Tour Experience
- 12 LION WORLD TRAVEL
- 13 Nairobi airport - any updates?
- 14 Boutique hotels in israel
- 15 Tanzania Self Drive June 2015
- 16 Rip-off Warning: Duty Free Shop in Dar es Salaam
- 17 Short layover at JNB
- 18 Winelands, South Africa - Need a Plan
- 19 Angata Ngorongoro v Rhino Ldg/Angata Bolongoja v Tingitana Nrth Serengeti
- 20 Uganda or Rwanda?
- 21 Driving from Casablanca to Marrakesh?
- 22 Soweto guide and pricing to expect?
- 23 8 nights in Dubai...need advice regarding Dubai/Petra combo.
- 24 Safari in Tanzania with Zinga African Safaris
- 25 Any Experience with Africa Tours?