Huge airport, with about 4 floors (website www.dubaiairport.com)). It’s nearly all duty-free shops, the largest we’ve ever seen. They resemble grocery stores, with many cashiers lined up, each running a separate conveyor belt/cash register. All the usuals are for sale (e.g., liquor, cigarettes, perfume, jewelry), but also less frequently seen items like TVs, blenders, and other household appliances. Passengers walk through the airport with their luggage carts (which resemble shopping carts) piled high with duty-free. There are smoking rooms and other stations throughout the airport, including in the Emirates lounge. In August of 2007, there was NO visa required for US citizens who were on a 96-hour stopover in Dubai (or for transit passengers). Emirates passengers with a layover of greater than 4 hours are entitled to a meal in specific restaurants. There are separate lounges for business and first-class passengers.
Dubai Airport Review
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Seeking Itinerary Routing for 3 week SA Trip
- 2 Help needed with itinerary for 2 weeks in Morocco
- 3 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)
- 4 Kirawira vs. Serengeti Serena
- 5 We're going to Jordan and Israel
- 6 Anyone had to disembark the aircraft in Dakar enroute to Jo'burg?
- 7 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 8 16 Days in South Africa (Victoria Falls, Zimbawe & Botswana)
- 9 Morocco for 2 nights
- 10 Kenya and Tanzania Trip Planning Help
- 11 MOROCCO SOLO
- 12 Draft itinerary - Portugal, Spain, Morocco
- 13 February vs March in Tanzania - Dueling Trip Reports
- 14 Looking for out of the way places
- 15 Morocco on the road: trip report
- 16 Help: 4 days, 3 nights in (or our of) Johannesburg
- 17 Tanzania Safari
- 18 Sabi Sands camps
- 19 AHLA Tanzania Mt. Kilimanjaro & Safari 4 days
- 20 Maldives, Seychelles or Mauritius??
- 21 trip report, morocco
- 22 Photos from Sept 2013 Safari to Uganda
- 23 First Time in Israel Tour Suggestions
- 24 East Africa summer 2014
- 25 Cape Town Safety?