Huge airport, with about 4 floors (website www.dubaiairport.com)). It’s nearly all duty-free shops, the largest we’ve ever seen. They resemble grocery stores, with many cashiers lined up, each running a separate conveyor belt/cash register. All the usuals are for sale (e.g., liquor, cigarettes, perfume, jewelry), but also less frequently seen items like TVs, blenders, and other household appliances. Passengers walk through the airport with their luggage carts (which resemble shopping carts) piled high with duty-free. There are smoking rooms and other stations throughout the airport, including in the Emirates lounge. In August of 2007, there was NO visa required for US citizens who were on a 96-hour stopover in Dubai (or for transit passengers). Emirates passengers with a layover of greater than 4 hours are entitled to a meal in specific restaurants. There are separate lounges for business and first-class passengers.
Dubai Airport Review
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 2 Seeking Itinerary Routing for 3 week SA Trip
- 3 Cape Town Safety?
- 4 first time family safari in August 2014
- 5 BOTSWANA - Maun (Okavango) to Chobe - 4x4 self drive...
- 6 Memory cards for camera
- 7 Self Drive SA, Botswana, Zimbabwe - help, 4x4 hire/border restrictions
- 8 First Time in Israel Tour Suggestions
- 9 Sabi Sands camps
- 10 Questions on 10 day Morocco winter vacation
- 11 London to Tel aviv What to expect at BG /Trans to Tel aviv / booking.com
- 12 place to sleep near airport for a 6 hour layover .. switching airports
- 13 Help with Rwanda trip
- 14 History Of Mount Kilimanjaro
- 15 Have you been to East Africa ?Ethiopia?
- 16 Tel Aviv beaches
- 17 trip report, morocco
- 18 Marrakech to Fes by bus
- 19 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September
- 20 Generic malarone now availbale in Canada
- 21 Morocco for 2 nights
- 22 Maldives, Seychelles or Mauritius??
- 23 Hotels in Nairobi
- 24 Who Plans and Packs for Your Bucket List Travel (Safari)
- 25 Rwanda trip report