I'm stopping in Dubai for a couple of nights en route to South Africa.
According to the Dubai Customs web site Films are a banned item ie DVDs CDs etc. I will be carrying a bunch of DVDs some of which may be too racy for Arab culture - so I'm wondering if this is a strict no-no? Are the Customs inspectors really thorough and strict about rules?
Plus I will be carrying two large suitcases plus hand luggage which may appear to be a lot of luggage for a single traveler and am wondering if I may be singled out for a thorough customs inspection?
All suggestions, comments, advice welcome. Thanks in advance!!!
Dubai Airport Customs Question
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Info for those considering gorilla trekking in Rwanda
- 2 Back from 26 Days in the Falkland Islands - Happy to answer any questions
- 3 Evacuation Insurance
- 4 Johannesburg
- 5 [UGANDA] Selected Budget and MidRange Tour Operators.
- 6 Need to Chose Camp in Botswana ASAP!
- 7 Skywards voucher - Dubai airport
- 8 Question about UK outlet adapters & taps
- 9 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)
- 10 Rental cars in Cape Town
- 11 Transiting through Cairo
- 12 Help: 4 days, 3 nights in (or our of) Johannesburg
- 13 South Africa in February?
- 14 KwaZulu Natal and Kruger - sort of a Trip Report
- 15 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 16 Trip Insurance - a must?
- 17 Car Rentals in Israel
- 18 Dubai for New Years Eve - Fireworks, Itinerary
- 19 Who to Choose? Africa Serendipity, Rothschild Safari or ATR?
- 20 Morocco to portugal
- 21 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 22 Terrorism, Ebola - no more please
- 23 Uganda or Rwanda 2015
- 24 Independence Day in Israel
- 25 Drinking on safari