I'm stopping in Dubai for a couple of nights en route to South Africa.
According to the Dubai Customs web site Films are a banned item ie DVDs CDs etc. I will be carrying a bunch of DVDs some of which may be too racy for Arab culture - so I'm wondering if this is a strict no-no? Are the Customs inspectors really thorough and strict about rules?
Plus I will be carrying two large suitcases plus hand luggage which may appear to be a lot of luggage for a single traveler and am wondering if I may be singled out for a thorough customs inspection?
All suggestions, comments, advice welcome. Thanks in advance!!!
Dubai Airport Customs Question
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Eastern Cape Lodges
- 2 Questions about Chobe
- 3 Trip report/blog - South Africa honeymoon
- 4 Lamu or Zanzibar?
- 5 Israel/Jordan -- other trip options to bypass Israel?
- 6 FOREX Nairobi airport
- 7 To go to Israel or not?
- 8 Best Month for Experiencing The Great Migration
- 9 Dubai > Oman?
- 10 Dubai > Seychelles hop
- 11 Botswana Green Season 2014/15 Camp discounted pricing
- 12 trip report s africa, victoria falls & Botswana Zambezi Queen
- 13 Morocco Tour: Marrakech Fes Merzouga Camel Trek in Sahara
- 14 Tanzania (Selous): Trip Report for Lake Manze Camp
- 15 Tanzania (Selous): Trip Report for Selous Impala Camp
- 16 Tanzania (Ruaha): Trip Report for Mwagusi Camp
- 17 Masai Mara Epic Big Five and Wildbeast Migration
- 18 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)
- 19 Wild Dogs (Lycaon pictus) seen in Samburu Kenya
- 20 Awesome trip and still not done
- 21 South Africa
- 22 Some Cape Town hotel - day tour suggestions?
- 23 2 weeks in Oman - Our experience
- 24 Private Conservancy Recommendations
- 25 Jordanesert,Rose City, Fabulous views,Unearthly landscapes.