We're going to be flying to Durban in July to stay at the Tembe Elephant Park and we're trying to decide the best way to get to the park from the Airport. We've looked at organising a transfer however that it is double the price of hiring a car for a week, so we're seriously considering that now.
Has anybody done this drive and can advise what it was like? Did they feel safe for the entire drive? I seem to hear mixed reports about driving in SA, so would like to know if people would strongly recommend against driving ourselves or not?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Guide needed in Cape Town?
- 2 5 nights in Cape Town - 5 restaurants
- 3 South Africa safari, Cape town self drive trip plan- many questions
- 4 Cape Town Itinerary
- 5 SOUTH AFRICAN SAFARI TRIP-JULY 2015
- 6 Gorrillas in Rwanda
- 7 Malawi with kiddos
- 8 Zimbabwe traveling solo
- 9 Southern Africa Safari Trip—Best Vacation Ever!!
- 10 Extended wait time at JNB airport
- 11 Capetown, Garden Route & Safari
- 12 Mauritius info request please
- 13 South Africa- Capetown/Safari Planning Help Please
- 14 Tanzania and Kenya tour company?
- 15 New Visa Rules on arrival for Kenya W.E.F 01 July 2015
- 16 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda
- 17 WiFi on Safari
- 18 Travel within Africa
- 19 Cape Town - things to do IN THE CITY and where to stay?
- 20 In South Africa, What do Hotels Mean by "Tea and Coffee-making Facilities"?
- 21 Israel itinerary planning
- 22 Africa, closer than ever before?
- 23 Capetown 3-day itinerary?
- 24 My experience of 8 day tour in Morocco
- 25 Private Tour Recommendations To Erg Chebbi