We're going to be flying to Durban in July to stay at the Tembe Elephant Park and we're trying to decide the best way to get to the park from the Airport. We've looked at organising a transfer however that it is double the price of hiring a car for a week, so we're seriously considering that now.
Has anybody done this drive and can advise what it was like? Did they feel safe for the entire drive? I seem to hear mixed reports about driving in SA, so would like to know if people would strongly recommend against driving ourselves or not?
Driving in South Africa
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Yellow fever vaccination for trip to southern Africa
- 2 Five Thousand Years in 19 days - Pyramids, Tombs, Camels and a River
- 3 Early Planning for Spring/Summer 2016 - Wild Dogs, Leopards and Cheetahs
- 4 3 weeks in Uganda - Our Experience
- 5 Uganda Trip Report
- 6 Epic budget trip in Kenya and Tanzania (safari and more)
- 7 Popular destinations in Africa.
- 8 Central African Republic: Open for Tourists Again
- 9 Morocco Sahara Desert Tour Experience
- 10 LION WORLD TRAVEL
- 11 Nairobi airport - any updates?
- 12 Boutique hotels in israel
- 13 Tanzania Self Drive June 2015
- 14 Rip-off Warning: Duty Free Shop in Dar es Salaam
- 15 Short layover at JNB
- 16 Winelands, South Africa - Need a Plan
- 17 Angata Ngorongoro v Rhino Ldg/Angata Bolongoja v Tingitana Nrth Serengeti
- 18 A family safari in Tanzania
- 19 Uganda or Rwanda?
- 20 Just Back: Taming Kilimanjaro and northern Tanzania
- 21 Driving from Casablanca to Marrakesh?
- 22 Soweto guide and pricing to expect?
- 23 8 nights in Dubai...need advice regarding Dubai/Petra combo.
- 24 Safari in Tanzania with Zinga African Safaris
- 25 Any Experience with Africa Tours?