We're going to be flying to Durban in July to stay at the Tembe Elephant Park and we're trying to decide the best way to get to the park from the Airport. We've looked at organising a transfer however that it is double the price of hiring a car for a week, so we're seriously considering that now.
Has anybody done this drive and can advise what it was like? Did they feel safe for the entire drive? I seem to hear mixed reports about driving in SA, so would like to know if people would strongly recommend against driving ourselves or not?
Driving in South Africa
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Help with Rwanda trip
- 2 History Of Mount Kilimanjaro
- 3 Have you been to East Africa ?Ethiopia?
- 4 First Time in Israel Tour Suggestions
- 5 Tel Aviv beaches
- 6 Memory cards for camera
- 7 Self Drive SA, Botswana, Zimbabwe - help, 4x4 hire/border restrictions
- 8 place to sleep near airport for a 6 hour layover .. switching airports
- 9 trip report, morocco
- 10 Marrakech to Fes by bus
- 11 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September
- 12 Generic malarone now availbale in Canada
- 13 Morocco for 2 nights
- 14 Maldives, Seychelles or Mauritius??
- 15 Sabi Sands camps
- 16 Hotels in Nairobi
- 17 Who Plans and Packs for Your Bucket List Travel (Safari)
- 18 Rwanda trip report
- 19 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)
- 20 A Couple of Questions Regarding My Itinerary
- 21 Petra in August, Petra by Night?
- 22 israel and petra
- 23 Tentative Israel/Jordan Itinerary...help
- 24 Help with Kruger Park itinerary
- 25 Israel and Petra