We're going to be flying to Durban in July to stay at the Tembe Elephant Park and we're trying to decide the best way to get to the park from the Airport. We've looked at organising a transfer however that it is double the price of hiring a car for a week, so we're seriously considering that now.
Has anybody done this drive and can advise what it was like? Did they feel safe for the entire drive? I seem to hear mixed reports about driving in SA, so would like to know if people would strongly recommend against driving ourselves or not?
Driving in South Africa
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Gate1 discovery tours to Israel
- 2 Advice For Morocco Desert Tours and camel trekking For 4 Night
- 3 Morocco Advice
- 4 Beirut
- 5 Travel Agent in DC: Seeking Reviews
- 6 Wild Dogs (Lycaon pictus) seen in Samburu Kenya
- 7 Need advice on which camera lenses for safari
- 8 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 9 Mashatu, Kgalagadi to Caprivi and a Moremi mobile with Masson Safaris
- 10 5/6 day trip in Morocco. Tips for itinerary and mode of travel
- 11 Good travel company to book an 8 day trip to Egypt
- 12 Guide for Serengeti Wildebeest Migration Jan 2015
- 13 I'm going on safari for free!
- 14 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 15 tanzania serengeti northern circuit self drive
- 16 Staying overnight at Nairobi Airport as solo female traveler?
- 17 Dubai first time
- 18 Private guide, non-self drive Namibia with Wild Dog Safaris in June
- 19 Overland from the Cape to the Serengeti
- 20 Observation - Possible Limited Space During Peak Season
- 21 South Africa's Eight UNESCO Sites
- 22 2015 Family Safari Tanzania Questions
- 23 5 day Seychelles trip in December
- 24 Anyone Else heading to Egypt in December?
- 25 16 day mixed trip