We're going to be flying to Durban in July to stay at the Tembe Elephant Park and we're trying to decide the best way to get to the park from the Airport. We've looked at organising a transfer however that it is double the price of hiring a car for a week, so we're seriously considering that now.
Has anybody done this drive and can advise what it was like? Did they feel safe for the entire drive? I seem to hear mixed reports about driving in SA, so would like to know if people would strongly recommend against driving ourselves or not?
Driving in South Africa
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Info for those considering gorilla trekking in Rwanda
- 2 Back from 26 Days in the Falkland Islands - Happy to answer any questions
- 3 Evacuation Insurance
- 4 Johannesburg
- 5 [UGANDA] Selected Budget and MidRange Tour Operators.
- 6 Need to Chose Camp in Botswana ASAP!
- 7 Skywards voucher - Dubai airport
- 8 Question about UK outlet adapters & taps
- 9 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)
- 10 Rental cars in Cape Town
- 11 Transiting through Cairo
- 12 Help: 4 days, 3 nights in (or our of) Johannesburg
- 13 South Africa in February?
- 14 KwaZulu Natal and Kruger - sort of a Trip Report
- 15 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 16 Trip Insurance - a must?
- 17 Car Rentals in Israel
- 18 Dubai for New Years Eve - Fireworks, Itinerary
- 19 Who to Choose? Africa Serendipity, Rothschild Safari or ATR?
- 20 Morocco to portugal
- 21 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 22 Terrorism, Ebola - no more please
- 23 Uganda or Rwanda 2015
- 24 Independence Day in Israel
- 25 Drinking on safari