We're going to be flying to Durban in July to stay at the Tembe Elephant Park and we're trying to decide the best way to get to the park from the Airport. We've looked at organising a transfer however that it is double the price of hiring a car for a week, so we're seriously considering that now.
Has anybody done this drive and can advise what it was like? Did they feel safe for the entire drive? I seem to hear mixed reports about driving in SA, so would like to know if people would strongly recommend against driving ourselves or not?
Driving in South Africa
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Saruni Samburu & Tortilis Amboseli - An amazing experience
- 2 Tour to Morocco
- 3 Namibia road conditions
- 4 Embarrassing question about gorilla tracking
- 5 Interested in joining me on Nov. 16-23 Liuwa Plain trip?
- 6 Small Tented Camp under $350USD in Kenya??
- 7 elderly travel to Zanzibar from USA
- 8 Kenya,Tanzania and Zanzibar Travel Tips
- 9 Botswana - Kwara or Victoria Falls/Chobe (after 9 nights around Kruger)
- 10 Questions about Chobe
- 11 New regulations for parents traveling to or in South Africa with children
- 12 Zambia, A Scenic Arrival
- 13 Most affordable airfare to get to the Western Sabi lodges
- 14 Advice and Suggestions for Southern Africa - April or June / July?
- 15 Sabi Sand Game Reserve Expert (Skukuza, South Africa)
- 16 Looking for child friendly self catering house in Cape Town in March 2015
- 17 Some advice re driving from Durban to Capetown via Umtata
- 18 Ebola and Morocco
- 19 Thompson Gazelle
- 20 Overland in West Africa
- 21 Domestic flight to HDS/MQP from JNB??
- 22 boutique hotel in tel aviv?
- 23 Morrocco and Cash
- 24 Don't go to Morrocco!
- 25 Car Hire Victoria Mahe Seychelles