We're going to be flying to Durban in July to stay at the Tembe Elephant Park and we're trying to decide the best way to get to the park from the Airport. We've looked at organising a transfer however that it is double the price of hiring a car for a week, so we're seriously considering that now.
Has anybody done this drive and can advise what it was like? Did they feel safe for the entire drive? I seem to hear mixed reports about driving in SA, so would like to know if people would strongly recommend against driving ourselves or not?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 3 weeks in Uganda - Our Experience
- 2 2 Months in Ethiopia - My Experience
- 3 Morocco over Christmas
- 4 Itinerary Feedback: Kruger, Chobe, Victoria Falls, & Maasai Mara
- 5 Luggage restrictions-Kenya? Diani Beach?
- 6 OR Tambo to Arathusa: Fly or Drive
- 7 Botswana - Mobile Safari Operator Recommendations?
- 8 Kruger/sabi sands reserve Vs. Botswana
- 9 Has anyone been to Zanzibar and got tips?
- 10 Uganda, Rwanda, and Zanzibar-Brief Trip Report
- 11 Cape Town + safari itinerary
- 12 Namibia.It has suddenly dawned on me.
- 13 Last-minute South Africa advice?
- 14 DOHA LAYOVER
- 15 Morocco Questions
- 16 Egypt Quickie Trip
- 17 Botswana safari recs
- 18 Tanzania vs. Botswana
- 19 Safe to Travel to Morocco
- 20 Amazing 40th Anniversary Celebration in South Africa
- 21 Swartberg Pass or not?
- 22 Botswana in January
- 23 FloShuttle. from Ben Gurion airport
- 24 Help please! Port Elizabeth/Addo Elephant
- 25 Activities to Keep the Kids Entertained in Dubai