We're going to be flying to Durban in July to stay at the Tembe Elephant Park and we're trying to decide the best way to get to the park from the Airport. We've looked at organising a transfer however that it is double the price of hiring a car for a week, so we're seriously considering that now.
Has anybody done this drive and can advise what it was like? Did they feel safe for the entire drive? I seem to hear mixed reports about driving in SA, so would like to know if people would strongly recommend against driving ourselves or not?
Driving in South Africa
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Tanzania (Ruaha): Trip Report for Mwagusi Camp
- 2 Staying out all day vs coming in for lunch in Botswana parks/concessions?
- 3 Ideas about the trip.
- 4 Israel/Jordan -- other trip options to bypass Israel?
- 5 3 days in Teheran
- 6 CAMEL TREK IN MOROCCO
- 7 trip report s africa, victoria falls & Botswana Zambezi Queen
- 8 Draft itinerary - Portugal, Spain, Morocco
- 9 Some advice re driving from Durban to Capetown via Umtata
- 10 Oman - moderate priced hotel near souks
- 11 Taxi - Casablanca Airport to El Jdidh
- 12 Questions about Chobe
- 13 What camera to use on safari
- 14 Ethiopian Air - Horrible
- 15 Botswana vs Namibia in May
- 16 Discover Namibia Tours & Safaris - Gemma Dry
- 17 FOREX Nairobi airport
- 18 To go to Israel or not?
- 19 Bidair at JNB
- 20 Saw the Big 5 in one day in the Mara last week!
- 21 Trip report/blog - South Africa honeymoon
- 22 Trip report about self-driving in Northern Namibia for 2 weeks in May 2014
- 23 Lamu or Zanzibar?
- 24 Eastern Cape Lodges
- 25 Best Month for Experiencing The Great Migration