We're going to be flying to Durban in July to stay at the Tembe Elephant Park and we're trying to decide the best way to get to the park from the Airport. We've looked at organising a transfer however that it is double the price of hiring a car for a week, so we're seriously considering that now.
Has anybody done this drive and can advise what it was like? Did they feel safe for the entire drive? I seem to hear mixed reports about driving in SA, so would like to know if people would strongly recommend against driving ourselves or not?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Family4Travels to Israel & Petra -matzos, mezze and Menachem!!
- 2 Gamewatchers are great for helping plan
- 3 Stonetown versus Shimba Hills
- 4 4h transit dubai visit center ?
- 5 transit facilities for 14 hours in Dubai Terminal 2
- 6 Best books to read before Morocco visit? (not guide books)
- 7 Tipping guide & driver in israel???
- 8 Shimba Hills Mombasa Kenya Would This Works As A Day Trip From A Cruise?
- 9 Trip Report Kenya 9 Days With Family
- 10 Cairo International Airport
- 11 Petra from Israel
- 12 Need help planning Namibia Trip!
- 13 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 14 Trip Report: Tanzania, Kenya & Zanzibar with MICATO May /June 2006
- 15 Southern Africa or Tanzania/Kenya for August 2018 Family Trip
- 16 4th Safari with Warrior Trails in 2016
- 17 Lady Liuwa no more !!
- 18 Women's wear for Dubai?
- 19 Dubai Guide
- 20 Solo/female/40's US traveler req tour operator recommendations
- 21 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda
- 22 Cape Town/ Wineland Tour
- 23 Bush plane luggage (again)
- 24 Loldia House Kenya
- 25 rekero and encounter mara vehicles