We're going to be flying to Durban in July to stay at the Tembe Elephant Park and we're trying to decide the best way to get to the park from the Airport. We've looked at organising a transfer however that it is double the price of hiring a car for a week, so we're seriously considering that now.
Has anybody done this drive and can advise what it was like? Did they feel safe for the entire drive? I seem to hear mixed reports about driving in SA, so would like to know if people would strongly recommend against driving ourselves or not?
Driving in South Africa
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Migration in Serengeti July/August
- 2 Please help me choose which Tanzania safari!
- 3 Great Tanzania trip in the off season
- 4 Road To Morocco Tours
- 5 Kasbahs, camels, and couscous - 12 days in Morocco
- 6 Safari on a budget!
- 7 Obtaining Visas for Egypt
- 8 Transfers to and from the Ben gurion airport TLV
- 9 Ideas for solo (female) relaxing trip next month
- 10 HIV and AIDs
- 11 Rwanda, Uganda and Tanzania
- 12 Best time to visit Zanzibar?
- 13 Tanzania - private guide with vehicle
- 14 Rwanda
- 15 Egypt safe travel
- 16 Any suggestions or feedback for our honeymoon?
- 17 Zambia Impressions
- 18 One night camping in the desert in Morocco?
- 19 Private Tour Recommendations To Erg Chebbi
- 20 Dubai trip
- 21 3 adults in Dubai need a good hotel to share with privacy!
- 22 Info for those considering gorilla trekking in Rwanda
- 23 Honeymoon itinerary Spain&Morocco
- 24 Driving around Jordan
- 25 Join us on Sahara/Atlas trip from Marrakech, 20 Jan