We're going to be flying to Durban in July to stay at the Tembe Elephant Park and we're trying to decide the best way to get to the park from the Airport. We've looked at organising a transfer however that it is double the price of hiring a car for a week, so we're seriously considering that now.
Has anybody done this drive and can advise what it was like? Did they feel safe for the entire drive? I seem to hear mixed reports about driving in SA, so would like to know if people would strongly recommend against driving ourselves or not?
Driving in South Africa
- 1 South African tourist visa - applying again after rejection last time
- 2 Trip report Namibia 2011 - A dream in red and green
- 3 Trip report Namibia 2012 - Chilly desert and hot quiver trees
- 4 Accra airport
- 5 Yemen - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
- 6 17 days in Israel our way
- 7 a week in africa
- 8 15 days, 5 walks, 4 medinas, 3 gal of mint tea, 2 camel rides, one Morocco!
- 9 CapeTown and around......seeking restaurant advice
- 10 morocco
- 11 1st Time African Safari - Help!
- 12 RSA: Tswalu vs Mashatu vs Phinda
- 13 Israel: excellent tour guide Gideon Abramowitz
- 14 Beyt Al Chai and places to stay in Zanzibar
- 15 Morocco . . . Rough Around the Edges
- 16 Trip extension from Cape town
- 17 Volunteer Work In Africa
- 18 Experience with Journey Beyond Travel or Sahara Services in Morocco?
- 19 how to join a Kenya safari once in country
- 20 Kenya + Ngorongoro or Serengeti?
- 21 Lets talk cell phones & plans while in Tanzania
- 22 Visit visa for South Africa
- 23 Opinions on airlines BOS to NBO
- 24 What about money?
- 25 Is now a good time to visit Yemen