We're going to be flying to Durban in July to stay at the Tembe Elephant Park and we're trying to decide the best way to get to the park from the Airport. We've looked at organising a transfer however that it is double the price of hiring a car for a week, so we're seriously considering that now.
Has anybody done this drive and can advise what it was like? Did they feel safe for the entire drive? I seem to hear mixed reports about driving in SA, so would like to know if people would strongly recommend against driving ourselves or not?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Safari photography help
- 2 Two Safari questions--one photography and one about gratuities
- 3 How can we blame for those who want to prove themselves?
- 4 20 days, Family who loves Adventure, over the Holidays
- 5 Travel within Africa
- 6 Last minute invite to Kenya - need reasonablebSafari tour operators
- 7 Flights to Uganda & Kenya
- 8 Why no mention of the beautuful lion...
- 9 Namibia--fly-in or guided drive?
- 10 Best time to visit 2016 -
- 11 Can Anyone Say Anything Positive About Ethiopia Air?
- 12 Southern Africa Safari Trip—Best Vacation Ever!!
- 13 Tanzania trip Advice
- 14 day trip fes to chefchaouen
- 15 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 16 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda
- 17 1st time Africa: Zambezi Rafting & more - what do I need to know?
- 18 el gouna or soma bay????
- 19 Morocco - Chefchaouen, Ait Benhaddou
- 20 What is a normal price for driver from Amman airport to Petra
- 21 Israel itinerary
- 22 Malawi with kiddos
- 23 Porini Mara & Porini Lion in October 2016
- 24 Local Tanzania companies
- 25 Yellow fever medical waiver - Rwanda and Tanzania