We're going to be flying to Durban in July to stay at the Tembe Elephant Park and we're trying to decide the best way to get to the park from the Airport. We've looked at organising a transfer however that it is double the price of hiring a car for a week, so we're seriously considering that now.
Has anybody done this drive and can advise what it was like? Did they feel safe for the entire drive? I seem to hear mixed reports about driving in SA, so would like to know if people would strongly recommend against driving ourselves or not?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Guidance on Single Supplement Fess
- 2 Help me plan a family safari for three generations!
- 3 Victoria Falls 3 day visit from a month in SA
- 4 Trip Report: South Africa & Namibia April 28 – May 14
- 5 Victoria Falls
- 6 Cape Town
- 7 Trip Insurance for Africa Trip
- 8 Botswana - Mobile Safari Operator Recommendations?
- 9 Morocco vs Turkey
- 10 Dual Citizenship- Travelling question
- 11 Affidavit document for sole parent traveling to SA with child
- 12 Two Nights in Tangiers
- 13 Nairobi, where to stay
- 14 Widerness Lodges
- 15 Timbavati or Klaserie Game Lodge Options
- 16 Help plan African Safari
- 17 Help planning a first safari on a budget?
- 18 Tipping on Safari
- 19 THE PANORAMA ROUTE
- 20 Amazing 40th Anniversary Celebration in South Africa
- 21 Cape Town -safety
- 22 NBO Airport Transfer?
- 23 SA itin review
- 24 Botswana safari in late November
- 25 Ferry to Morocco