We're going to be flying to Durban in July to stay at the Tembe Elephant Park and we're trying to decide the best way to get to the park from the Airport. We've looked at organising a transfer however that it is double the price of hiring a car for a week, so we're seriously considering that now.
Has anybody done this drive and can advise what it was like? Did they feel safe for the entire drive? I seem to hear mixed reports about driving in SA, so would like to know if people would strongly recommend against driving ourselves or not?
Driving in South Africa
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Side trip from Kigali Rwanda
- 2 THE GREAT WILDE BEEST MIGRATION IN KENYA
- 3 Around Morocco - Lahcen Boujouija
- 4 Long layover at Hamad Airport, Doha
- 5 First trip to Africa in December-January
- 6 Tanzania or Kenya in October
- 7 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)
- 8 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 9 Embarrassing question about gorilla tracking
- 10 Nairobi Airport Layover
- 11 Child friendly holiday house or apartment in Cape Town (repeat request)
- 12 Uganda/Rwanda - trip report and lots of information for independent travel
- 13 Interesting and uncommon stuff to do in Tel Aviv?
- 14 New regulations for parents traveling to or in South Africa with children
- 15 Overnight train Marrakech - Tangiers the same day of return flight
- 16 Charity begins at Home!
- 17 Sun Safaris
- 18 Advice: soft luggage for S. Africa safari w/small planes
- 19 Small Tented Camp under $350USD in Kenya??
- 20 2 Weeks In Iran: So Far Away From The Clichés!
- 21 Just back from our Chobe and Delta trip-WOW,WOW, WOW!
- 22 Looking for a travel partner for photography trip to Africa
- 23 Morocco and Algeria or Tunisia
- 24 Tour to Morocco
- 25 Camping in Erg Chebbi -- are there bathrooms???