We're going to be flying to Durban in July to stay at the Tembe Elephant Park and we're trying to decide the best way to get to the park from the Airport. We've looked at organising a transfer however that it is double the price of hiring a car for a week, so we're seriously considering that now.
Has anybody done this drive and can advise what it was like? Did they feel safe for the entire drive? I seem to hear mixed reports about driving in SA, so would like to know if people would strongly recommend against driving ourselves or not?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 MTV Video Music Awards 2016 Live Stream
- 2 Fly or Train from CMN to Fes/Marrakesh
- 3 First Safari trip-on the right track?
- 4 best bag to get for fly in safari in kenya
- 5 First time safari advice and awkward question
- 6 Souvenirs from South Africa
- 7 Viator tour company
- 8 tours in Johannesburg
- 9 Planning my last day in Morocco
- 10 Egypt Quickie Trip
- 11 South African Cities
- 12 First Time Safari Help...Use a tour or not?
- 13 Luggage protection for Joburg?
- 14 Travelling during Purim or not?
- 15 East African Visa Beware!!!
- 16 Stanleys Camp Luggage
- 17 where to go in africa
- 18 Help with Flight Option: CMN or RAK
- 19 Ethiopian Holidays You Should Not Miss
- 20 Best Wineries - 2-3 days in Franschhoek and Stellenbosch
- 21 Tentative Itinerary - what do you think?
- 22 Help with bags
- 23 Royal Air Maroc Dreamliner JFK-CMN and maybe connect to RAK
- 24 4 DAYS IN MOROCCO- AGADIR OR ESSAOUIRA??
- 25 MOROCCO FOR 10 DAYS