We're going to be flying to Durban in July to stay at the Tembe Elephant Park and we're trying to decide the best way to get to the park from the Airport. We've looked at organising a transfer however that it is double the price of hiring a car for a week, so we're seriously considering that now.
Has anybody done this drive and can advise what it was like? Did they feel safe for the entire drive? I seem to hear mixed reports about driving in SA, so would like to know if people would strongly recommend against driving ourselves or not?
Driving in South Africa
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Itinerary Help-South Africa
- 2 Comments on Botswana itinerary with Wilderness Travel
- 3 Migration in Serengeti July/August
- 4 Trip Report: Tanzania, Kenya & Zanzibar with MICATO May /June 2006
- 5 looking for nice boutique hotel in tel aviv
- 6 Rwanda, Uganda and Tanzania
- 7 Garden Route PE to Cape Town
- 8 Safari on a budget!
- 9 Tips for Israel
- 10 Please help me choose which Tanzania safari!
- 11 al-fayoum oasis in 1/2 day
- 12 Egypt: Suggestions for what to do afternoon around Giza
- 13 Great Tanzania trip in the off season
- 14 Road To Morocco Tours
- 15 Kasbahs, camels, and couscous - 12 days in Morocco
- 16 Obtaining Visas for Egypt
- 17 Transfers to and from the Ben gurion airport TLV
- 18 Ideas for solo (female) relaxing trip next month
- 19 Best time to visit Zanzibar?
- 20 Tanzania - private guide with vehicle
- 21 Rwanda
- 22 Egypt safe travel
- 23 Any suggestions or feedback for our honeymoon?
- 24 Zambia Impressions
- 25 One night camping in the desert in Morocco?