We're going to be flying to Durban in July to stay at the Tembe Elephant Park and we're trying to decide the best way to get to the park from the Airport. We've looked at organising a transfer however that it is double the price of hiring a car for a week, so we're seriously considering that now.
Has anybody done this drive and can advise what it was like? Did they feel safe for the entire drive? I seem to hear mixed reports about driving in SA, so would like to know if people would strongly recommend against driving ourselves or not?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Uganda Visa
- 2 accomodation near Mata Mata Border post
- 3 Morocco help
- 4 Egypt- Dec Itinerary-help needed
- 5 Private Guide for Cairo
- 6 Egypt - Need Help!
- 7 Attractions in Cairo and around
- 8 Kenya Safari Tour Operator Recommendations
- 9 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 10 CASABLANCA for 1 Day
- 11 Trip report about self-driving in Northern Namibia for 2 weeks in May 2014
- 12 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 13 Driving Distance from Kalahari Tented Camp to Western Etosha NP
- 14 First trip to Africa
- 15 Morocco 6 days Itinerary..Need Help
- 16 Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- 17 upcoming Africa trip ... gift ideas needed?
- 18 Trying to contact Rabbi Jay Karzen, Jerusalem
- 19 South Africa/Safari/12 days in May
- 20 Is Egypt OK to visit now with family ?
- 21 "Salute Africa" travel agency
- 22 Need feedback on my itinerary
- 23 DANCING ZEBRA SAFARI CO
- 24 The Heat and Dust of Kafue & the Busanga Plains
- 25 Calculating Conservancy Fees - Kenya's Mara North