I am a 50-something woman who will be travelling in Jordan and Israel in July. Other than the obvious recommendation about dressing for the heat and for modesty (no bare shoulders or knees), what specific type of clothing should I bring? Cotton pants? long shorts and American-style t-shirts? loose-fitting longish dresses? sleeveless shirts? My husband and I are fairly adventurous and plan to do as much walking as possible. Walking sandals a good idea for places like Petra or do we need sturdy boots? We don't want to be burdened with alot of luggage either. Any specific suggestions from recent travellers?
dress for Jordan
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Now is the Time fo Egypt...
- 2 Keeping Kenya Adventure Weird....Cheap...Delicious
- 3 Rwanda, Uganda and Tanzania
- 4 Zambia Impressions
- 5 Taste of Dubai
- 6 Morocco floods - areas affected
- 7 Zanzibar - from a resident's perspective
- 8 Magnificent wedding in the Masai Mara
- 9 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 10 Travel Report for Malawi - A Great Place To Relax
- 11 Serengeti Photo Safari - April 2015
- 12 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 13 Comments on Botswana itinerary with Wilderness Travel
- 14 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 15 Dubai first time
- 16 Mauritius September 2015 - Silver Beach Resort or Emeraude Beach Attitude?
- 17 Don't go to Morrocco!
- 18 Where to spend extra night; Merzouga or Skoura?
- 19 Canoe Safari Jan - Feb
- 20 Dubai and/or Oman
- 21 Good travel company to book an 8 day trip to Egypt
- 22 Need advice on which camera lenses for safari
- 23 Morocco Advice
- 24 MOROCCO SOLO
- 25 Guide for Serengeti Wildebeest Migration Jan 2015