My friends and I just came back from a 10 days trip in Morrocco. We are 4 friends (2 Canadians, 1 Thai and 1 Swiss), we love to travel (especially in Africa and Asia) and we have been traveleing all around the world. But this last trip in Morrocco leave us with a bitter feeling.
We really enjoyed the food, the scenery but the people are just impossible, constantly cheatig, liing and sometimes stealing from us.
We started our trip in Spain (Malaga) then cross the sea in Gibraltar. We loved the first part of the trip but as soon as we arrived in Tangier the nightmare began...
Tangier: taxi drivers are crooks. They try to take advantage of newly arrived tourists by misleading in information.
we then took the train to Casablanca. The train ride is really exciting! very pretty sceneries.
Casablanca: not a pretty city at all. Taxis again cheated us. I has a fight with one on the road. In Casablanca however I really recommend there the famous restaurant based from the movie "Casablanca", just fabulous and cheap! We stayed in a nice hotel downtown.
we then took the train to Marackeck. Really cool ride again. We enjoyed very much.
Marrackech. A driver picked us up as booked few days earlyer in a big and comfortable van with a guide. We agreed (and still had the confirmation email) for a 3 hours city tour for 40 USD. At the end of the tour he asked for 70 USD. We had a strong argument with them but after 30 minutes of arguing and complaining to the office who made the reservation there was nothing we could do apart from fighting which we avoided. We took other taxis during our stay in Marrackech and again, most taxis will try to cheat you, a good trick they use is to agree with a price at first but then will not give you back the change saying they dont have any...
Desert trip: following our visit in Marrackech, we went for 4 days in the desert. It was interesting but the people werre a nightmare again. Always trying to cheat, steal and were constantly liing..
We were so happy to leave this country, and for sure we will never go back there anymore.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Cape Town to Port Elizabeth, hidden gems not on the normal tourist path?
- 2 Kenya Vs. tanzania
- 3 Advice for 1st tip to Kenya
- 4 honeymoon place
- 5 Hire a driver for a week in Morocco
- 6 Help please! Trying to plan an African trip!
- 7 Trip Report : Mauritius and Rodrigues
- 8 First Trip to Africa, first safari...which itinerary should I go with?
- 9 South African Safari Company Recommendations
- 10 Help with Kenya Safari plans.
- 11 Yom Hazikaron
- 12 Yom Haatzmaut
- 13 Morocco April Itinerary 10 days
- 14 May 10-July 10 in Africa
- 15 recomendation on African Safari company
- 16 Comparing a few cities in Morocco
- 17 Tour with friendly planet to SA in October 2016
- 18 One extra day in Jordan
- 19 Burkina Faso travel tips route tourist attractions photo gallery
- 20 Where to stay for a night in Johannesburg?
- 21 Recommendation on where to stay in Durban?
- 22 April Budget Safari - Tanzania
- 23 Israel in Late October or November?
- 24 One month in Africa
- 25 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda