My friends and I just came back from a 10 days trip in Morrocco. We are 4 friends (2 Canadians, 1 Thai and 1 Swiss), we love to travel (especially in Africa and Asia) and we have been traveleing all around the world. But this last trip in Morrocco leave us with a bitter feeling.
We really enjoyed the food, the scenery but the people are just impossible, constantly cheatig, liing and sometimes stealing from us.
We started our trip in Spain (Malaga) then cross the sea in Gibraltar. We loved the first part of the trip but as soon as we arrived in Tangier the nightmare began...
Tangier: taxi drivers are crooks. They try to take advantage of newly arrived tourists by misleading in information.
we then took the train to Casablanca. The train ride is really exciting! very pretty sceneries.
Casablanca: not a pretty city at all. Taxis again cheated us. I has a fight with one on the road. In Casablanca however I really recommend there the famous restaurant based from the movie "Casablanca", just fabulous and cheap! We stayed in a nice hotel downtown.
we then took the train to Marackeck. Really cool ride again. We enjoyed very much.
Marrackech. A driver picked us up as booked few days earlyer in a big and comfortable van with a guide. We agreed (and still had the confirmation email) for a 3 hours city tour for 40 USD. At the end of the tour he asked for 70 USD. We had a strong argument with them but after 30 minutes of arguing and complaining to the office who made the reservation there was nothing we could do apart from fighting which we avoided. We took other taxis during our stay in Marrackech and again, most taxis will try to cheat you, a good trick they use is to agree with a price at first but then will not give you back the change saying they dont have any...
Desert trip: following our visit in Marrackech, we went for 4 days in the desert. It was interesting but the people werre a nightmare again. Always trying to cheat, steal and were constantly liing..
We were so happy to leave this country, and for sure we will never go back there anymore.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Safari travel agent suggestions?
- 2 Marrakech
- 3 Binocular rentals
- 4 Trip Report Kenya 9 Days With Family
- 5 Dead Sea day trip
- 6 Victoria and Albert Cape Town renovation status
- 7 Southern Africa or Tanzania/Kenya for August 2018 Family Trip
- 8 Advice please: family SA safari August 2018
- 9 Kenya Visa Requirements/Fake Visa Site
- 10 Wayo Africa (Tanzania) Green Camps
- 11 FODOR'S GUIDE TO CLOTHING FOR SAFARI
- 12 Non Marlaia Africa or Brazil?
- 13 Itinerary Ideas
- 14 South Africa - Guidebook recommendation and other ??
- 15 Travel to Botswana
- 16 Iran travel itinerary -18 days April 2017
- 17 Loldia House Kenya
- 18 Kenya - Plastic Bags
- 19 gamer reserve, lodge, safari camp recommendations
- 20 South Africa visit: Cape Town and Kruger Park
- 21 several short safaris vs one longer one
- 22 How many Days for the Okavango Delta
- 23 Recommendations for busy coastal resorts in the Canaries
- 24 Restaurant in Cape Town
- 25 7 Days Climbing Mount Kilimanjaro.