My friends and I just came back from a 10 days trip in Morrocco. We are 4 friends (2 Canadians, 1 Thai and 1 Swiss), we love to travel (especially in Africa and Asia) and we have been traveleing all around the world. But this last trip in Morrocco leave us with a bitter feeling.
We really enjoyed the food, the scenery but the people are just impossible, constantly cheatig, liing and sometimes stealing from us.
We started our trip in Spain (Malaga) then cross the sea in Gibraltar. We loved the first part of the trip but as soon as we arrived in Tangier the nightmare began...
Tangier: taxi drivers are crooks. They try to take advantage of newly arrived tourists by misleading in information.
we then took the train to Casablanca. The train ride is really exciting! very pretty sceneries.
Casablanca: not a pretty city at all. Taxis again cheated us. I has a fight with one on the road. In Casablanca however I really recommend there the famous restaurant based from the movie "Casablanca", just fabulous and cheap! We stayed in a nice hotel downtown.
we then took the train to Marackeck. Really cool ride again. We enjoyed very much.
Marrackech. A driver picked us up as booked few days earlyer in a big and comfortable van with a guide. We agreed (and still had the confirmation email) for a 3 hours city tour for 40 USD. At the end of the tour he asked for 70 USD. We had a strong argument with them but after 30 minutes of arguing and complaining to the office who made the reservation there was nothing we could do apart from fighting which we avoided. We took other taxis during our stay in Marrackech and again, most taxis will try to cheat you, a good trick they use is to agree with a price at first but then will not give you back the change saying they dont have any...
Desert trip: following our visit in Marrackech, we went for 4 days in the desert. It was interesting but the people werre a nightmare again. Always trying to cheat, steal and were constantly liing..
We were so happy to leave this country, and for sure we will never go back there anymore.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Durban - where to stay for one night
- 2 Where to stay in Masai Mara and best side trip?
- 3 Single traveler
- 4 Tanzania Great Migration, when to go
- 5 Where to stay in the Masai Mara?
- 6 Bus / minibus J'burg - Lesotho
- 7 The Heat and Dust of Kafue & the Busanga Plains
- 8 6 nights in Masai Mara or Masai Mara and Lake Nakuru?
- 9 Morocco Highlights
- 10 Uganda Trip Report
- 11 Money in Uganda
- 12 Active Family's First Trip to Africa - South Africa or Botswana
- 13 VISA for Mozambique
- 14 15 days Morocco Itinerary Help please
- 15 Egypt Quickie Trip
- 16 Cape Verdean Esqudos
- 17 Royal Air Maroc Dreamliner JFK-CMN and maybe connect to RAK
- 18 Traditional music + dance in South Africa?
- 19 Best African Safari
- 20 December Serengeti Itinerary
- 21 Wildbeest migration tour operator
- 22 beach visit after safari
- 23 Petra Wadi Rum
- 24 Questions on Israel/Jordan Border Crossings and Jordan Travel. Need Help!
- 25 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)