I am travelling to the UK for the first time at the end of the month and would be super grateful if you could help me out with your expert opinions! I will be travelling from South Africa with a stop over in Doha on Qatar airlines.
1) Is the 7kgs that I am allowed to carry in my hand-luggage separate to the 30kgs I can carry in my other luggage?
2) Can I buy cigarettes at the duty-free and bring them back to SA on my return flight? how many?
3) Can I use ZAR at Doha duty-free and other shops in the airport?
4) I have a seven hour lay-over on the way back, is it easy to find your way around the airport?
5) as my cellphone will not work there, are their public phones and what currency can I use on them?
6) Can I buy alcohol at the duty-free and take it into London? I have seen that there is a limit on the amount of liquids you are allowed to carry on board, does this include stuff bought at duty-free?
Any help would be much appreciated!!!!!!!!!!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 white noise machine for snoring partner?
- 2 A First Journey to Southern Africa: Cape, Falls, and Animal Safaris
- 3 Morocco over Christmas
- 4 Clothing for October trip to Morocco
- 5 Jeans All the Time
- 6 Shopping in Morocco
- 7 After Botswana ?
- 8 Trip to Kenya in August 2016
- 9 East African Visa Beware!!!
- 10 2 Months in Ethiopia - My Experience
- 11 Luggage restrictions-Kenya? Diani Beach?
- 12 HELP! 20+ days in Africa - First time ever trip
- 13 Timing for Africa visit
- 14 3 weeks in Uganda - Our Experience
- 15 Itinerary Feedback: Kruger, Chobe, Victoria Falls, & Maasai Mara
- 16 OR Tambo to Arathusa: Fly or Drive
- 17 Botswana - Mobile Safari Operator Recommendations?
- 18 Kruger/sabi sands reserve Vs. Botswana
- 19 Has anyone been to Zanzibar and got tips?
- 20 Uganda, Rwanda, and Zanzibar-Brief Trip Report
- 21 Cape Town + safari itinerary
- 22 Namibia.It has suddenly dawned on me.
- 23 Last-minute South Africa advice?
- 24 DOHA LAYOVER
- 25 Morocco Questions