I am travelling to the UK for the first time at the end of the month and would be super grateful if you could help me out with your expert opinions! I will be travelling from South Africa with a stop over in Doha on Qatar airlines.
1) Is the 7kgs that I am allowed to carry in my hand-luggage separate to the 30kgs I can carry in my other luggage?
2) Can I buy cigarettes at the duty-free and bring them back to SA on my return flight? how many?
3) Can I use ZAR at Doha duty-free and other shops in the airport?
4) I have a seven hour lay-over on the way back, is it easy to find your way around the airport?
5) as my cellphone will not work there, are their public phones and what currency can I use on them?
6) Can I buy alcohol at the duty-free and take it into London? I have seen that there is a limit on the amount of liquids you are allowed to carry on board, does this include stuff bought at duty-free?
Any help would be much appreciated!!!!!!!!!!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Where to stay in Masai Mara and best side trip?
- 2 Where to stay in the Masai Mara?
- 3 Bus / minibus J'burg - Lesotho
- 4 The Heat and Dust of Kafue & the Busanga Plains
- 5 Tanzania Great Migration, when to go
- 6 6 nights in Masai Mara or Masai Mara and Lake Nakuru?
- 7 Morocco Highlights
- 8 Uganda Trip Report
- 9 Money in Uganda
- 10 Active Family's First Trip to Africa - South Africa or Botswana
- 11 VISA for Mozambique
- 12 15 days Morocco Itinerary Help please
- 13 Egypt Quickie Trip
- 14 Cape Verdean Esqudos
- 15 Royal Air Maroc Dreamliner JFK-CMN and maybe connect to RAK
- 16 Traditional music + dance in South Africa?
- 17 Best African Safari
- 18 December Serengeti Itinerary
- 19 Wildbeest migration tour operator
- 20 beach visit after safari
- 21 Petra Wadi Rum
- 22 Questions on Israel/Jordan Border Crossings and Jordan Travel. Need Help!
- 23 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 24 Transportation from Tel Aviv Airport to Jerusalem
- 25 What is worth seeing in November?