I am travelling to the UK for the first time at the end of the month and would be super grateful if you could help me out with your expert opinions! I will be travelling from South Africa with a stop over in Doha on Qatar airlines.
1) Is the 7kgs that I am allowed to carry in my hand-luggage separate to the 30kgs I can carry in my other luggage?
2) Can I buy cigarettes at the duty-free and bring them back to SA on my return flight? how many?
3) Can I use ZAR at Doha duty-free and other shops in the airport?
4) I have a seven hour lay-over on the way back, is it easy to find your way around the airport?
5) as my cellphone will not work there, are their public phones and what currency can I use on them?
6) Can I buy alcohol at the duty-free and take it into London? I have seen that there is a limit on the amount of liquids you are allowed to carry on board, does this include stuff bought at duty-free?
Any help would be much appreciated!!!!!!!!!!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Last minute invite to Kenya - need reasonablebSafari tour operators
- 2 Flights to Uganda & Kenya
- 3 Two Safari questions--one photography and one about gratuities
- 4 Why no mention of the beautuful lion...
- 5 Safari photography help
- 6 Namibia--fly-in or guided drive?
- 7 Best time to visit 2016 -
- 8 Can Anyone Say Anything Positive About Ethiopia Air?
- 9 Southern Africa Safari Trip—Best Vacation Ever!!
- 10 Tanzania trip Advice
- 11 day trip fes to chefchaouen
- 12 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 13 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda
- 14 1st time Africa: Zambezi Rafting & more - what do I need to know?
- 15 el gouna or soma bay????
- 16 Morocco - Chefchaouen, Ait Benhaddou
- 17 What is a normal price for driver from Amman airport to Petra
- 18 Israel itinerary
- 19 Malawi with kiddos
- 20 Porini Mara & Porini Lion in October 2016
- 21 Local Tanzania companies
- 22 Yellow fever medical waiver - Rwanda and Tanzania
- 23 Ethiopian Quadrants - Travelers Beware
- 24 Trip Report April/May 2051 Tanzania Safari
- 25 Dubai Trip Idea