I am travelling to the UK for the first time at the end of the month and would be super grateful if you could help me out with your expert opinions! I will be travelling from South Africa with a stop over in Doha on Qatar airlines.
1) Is the 7kgs that I am allowed to carry in my hand-luggage separate to the 30kgs I can carry in my other luggage?
2) Can I buy cigarettes at the duty-free and bring them back to SA on my return flight? how many?
3) Can I use ZAR at Doha duty-free and other shops in the airport?
4) I have a seven hour lay-over on the way back, is it easy to find your way around the airport?
5) as my cellphone will not work there, are their public phones and what currency can I use on them?
6) Can I buy alcohol at the duty-free and take it into London? I have seen that there is a limit on the amount of liquids you are allowed to carry on board, does this include stuff bought at duty-free?
Any help would be much appreciated!!!!!!!!!!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Israel for 10 days
- 2 Tanzania - first trip - many questions.
- 3 Rental Car Rabat Airport
- 4 14-16 day visit to South Africa
- 5 experiences with African travel Resource
- 6 name issue
- 7 3 days in Jo'Burg
- 8 Madagascar suggestions
- 9 Travelling to Atlas mountains
- 10 3-part Zimbabwe: Join Wild Dog Researcher, Walk Mana Pools, Canoe Zambezi
- 11 First time in Southafrica - Suggested itinerary
- 12 Seven day solo trip to Morocco
- 13 East Africa Travel Visa - Starting in Kenya
- 14 4 weeks in South Africa ideas
- 15 only private conservancies or can i add in a national park
- 16 Single traveler
- 17 Should I visit Vamizi Island again?
- 18 Liquids Restrictions - South Africa to Zimbabwe
- 19 Morocco & Spain with Kidos!
- 20 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 21 My Magical Southern African Photography Safari: A Trip Report
- 22 morocco help please
- 23 3 adults in Dubai need a good hotel to share with privacy!
- 24 Botswana - Oct vs June
- 25 Zambia + Namibia trip -completely unrealistic?