I am travelling to the UK for the first time at the end of the month and would be super grateful if you could help me out with your expert opinions! I will be travelling from South Africa with a stop over in Doha on Qatar airlines.
1) Is the 7kgs that I am allowed to carry in my hand-luggage separate to the 30kgs I can carry in my other luggage?
2) Can I buy cigarettes at the duty-free and bring them back to SA on my return flight? how many?
3) Can I use ZAR at Doha duty-free and other shops in the airport?
4) I have a seven hour lay-over on the way back, is it easy to find your way around the airport?
5) as my cellphone will not work there, are their public phones and what currency can I use on them?
6) Can I buy alcohol at the duty-free and take it into London? I have seen that there is a limit on the amount of liquids you are allowed to carry on board, does this include stuff bought at duty-free?
Any help would be much appreciated!!!!!!!!!!
doha airport help
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Evacuation Insurance
- 2 Info for those considering gorilla trekking in Rwanda
- 3 Johannesburg
- 4 [UGANDA] Selected Budget and MidRange Tour Operators.
- 5 Back from 26 Days in the Falkland Islands - Happy to answer any questions
- 6 Need to Chose Camp in Botswana ASAP!
- 7 Skywards voucher - Dubai airport
- 8 Question about UK outlet adapters & taps
- 9 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)
- 10 Rental cars in Cape Town
- 11 Transiting through Cairo
- 12 Help: 4 days, 3 nights in (or our of) Johannesburg
- 13 South Africa in February?
- 14 KwaZulu Natal and Kruger - sort of a Trip Report
- 15 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 16 Trip Insurance - a must?
- 17 Car Rentals in Israel
- 18 Dubai for New Years Eve - Fireworks, Itinerary
- 19 Who to Choose? Africa Serendipity, Rothschild Safari or ATR?
- 20 Morocco to portugal
- 21 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 22 Terrorism, Ebola - no more please
- 23 Uganda or Rwanda 2015
- 24 Independence Day in Israel
- 25 Drinking on safari