I am travelling to the UK for the first time at the end of the month and would be super grateful if you could help me out with your expert opinions! I will be travelling from South Africa with a stop over in Doha on Qatar airlines.
1) Is the 7kgs that I am allowed to carry in my hand-luggage separate to the 30kgs I can carry in my other luggage?
2) Can I buy cigarettes at the duty-free and bring them back to SA on my return flight? how many?
3) Can I use ZAR at Doha duty-free and other shops in the airport?
4) I have a seven hour lay-over on the way back, is it easy to find your way around the airport?
5) as my cellphone will not work there, are their public phones and what currency can I use on them?
6) Can I buy alcohol at the duty-free and take it into London? I have seen that there is a limit on the amount of liquids you are allowed to carry on board, does this include stuff bought at duty-free?
Any help would be much appreciated!!!!!!!!!!
doha airport help
- 1 Bubonic plaque
- 2 Safari and Beach in June
- 3 Volunteer Work In Africa
- 4 Safari Cost Comparison
- 5 Cape town and Kruger National Park in November
- 6 Help! First African safari!!!
- 7 Choosing between Ethiopia or Togo-Ghana for backpacking trip!
- 8 Map of Safari Camps in Greater Kruger?
- 9 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 10 Grootberg Lodge & Camp Kipwe in Damaraland, Namibia
- 11 Interested In Visiting Tanzania For An Adventure? Join Me!
- 12 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 13 Ghana trip report - independently using public transport
- 14 Any advice for travelling to Ghana, Ivory Coast and the Gambia?
- 15 Cheap flights for Ghana
- 16 My trip to Egypt .....
- 17 dubai for 5 days
- 18 WHERE TO? Botswana? Tanzania? South Africa?
- 19 Help with travel plans for Dubai
- 20 Dubai Airport to cruise terminal
- 21 Bugs n' Botswana
- 22 Group Trip to Israel
- 23 My Trip to Palestine
- 24 1st Time Safari to South Africa -Lodge Recommendations!
- 25 TRIP REPORTART I: BUDGET, NOVICE TRIP TO ETHIOPIA AND KENYA