I am travelling to the UK for the first time at the end of the month and would be super grateful if you could help me out with your expert opinions! I will be travelling from South Africa with a stop over in Doha on Qatar airlines.
1) Is the 7kgs that I am allowed to carry in my hand-luggage separate to the 30kgs I can carry in my other luggage?
2) Can I buy cigarettes at the duty-free and bring them back to SA on my return flight? how many?
3) Can I use ZAR at Doha duty-free and other shops in the airport?
4) I have a seven hour lay-over on the way back, is it easy to find your way around the airport?
5) as my cellphone will not work there, are their public phones and what currency can I use on them?
6) Can I buy alcohol at the duty-free and take it into London? I have seen that there is a limit on the amount of liquids you are allowed to carry on board, does this include stuff bought at duty-free?
Any help would be much appreciated!!!!!!!!!!
doha airport help
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Now is the Time fo Egypt...
- 2 Keeping Kenya Adventure Weird....Cheap...Delicious
- 3 Rwanda, Uganda and Tanzania
- 4 Zambia Impressions
- 5 Taste of Dubai
- 6 Morocco floods - areas affected
- 7 Zanzibar - from a resident's perspective
- 8 Magnificent wedding in the Masai Mara
- 9 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 10 Travel Report for Malawi - A Great Place To Relax
- 11 Serengeti Photo Safari - April 2015
- 12 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 13 Comments on Botswana itinerary with Wilderness Travel
- 14 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 15 Dubai first time
- 16 Mauritius September 2015 - Silver Beach Resort or Emeraude Beach Attitude?
- 17 Don't go to Morrocco!
- 18 Where to spend extra night; Merzouga or Skoura?
- 19 Canoe Safari Jan - Feb
- 20 Dubai and/or Oman
- 21 Good travel company to book an 8 day trip to Egypt
- 22 Need advice on which camera lenses for safari
- 23 Morocco Advice
- 24 MOROCCO SOLO
- 25 Guide for Serengeti Wildebeest Migration Jan 2015