We are travelling to Israel in November and spending 5/6 days in Jerusalem, although some days will be day trips.
We have heard from friends who took a week-long tour of Israel that they really enjoyed the "Dig for a Day" and are wondering if anyone else has done it. Because we will not be part of a tour group and generally prefer to do things independently whenever possible, we are wondering about the logistics of getting to the gas station in Beit Guvrin from Jerusalem.
- Does anyone know of a way to get there besides by taxi?
- If anyone has taken a taxi, can anyone estimate what the cost for 2 by taxi would be?
If you have any specifics you would like to add about your experience on the dig or at Beit Guvrin, we'd love to hear it.
Dig for a Day at Beit Guvrin questions
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Interested in joining me on Nov. 16-23 Liuwa Plain trip?
- 2 Botswana - Kwara or Victoria Falls/Chobe (after 9 nights around Kruger)
- 3 Questions about Chobe
- 4 Small Tented Camp under $350USD in Kenya??
- 5 New regulations for parents traveling to or in South Africa with children
- 6 Zambia, A Scenic Arrival
- 7 Most affordable airfare to get to the Western Sabi lodges
- 8 Advice and Suggestions for Southern Africa - April or June / July?
- 9 Sabi Sand Game Reserve Expert (Skukuza, South Africa)
- 10 Looking for child friendly self catering house in Cape Town in March 2015
- 11 Some advice re driving from Durban to Capetown via Umtata
- 12 Ebola and Morocco
- 13 Thompson Gazelle
- 14 Overland in West Africa
- 15 Domestic flight to HDS/MQP from JNB??
- 16 boutique hotel in tel aviv?
- 17 Cape Town, Safari + Victoria Falls
- 18 Kenya,Tanzania and Zanzibar Travel Tips
- 19 Morrocco and Cash
- 20 Don't go to Morrocco!
- 21 Car Hire Victoria Mahe Seychelles
- 22 Kenya - July 2014 - Acacia House in Masai Mara area
- 23 Overland trip Iceland to South Africa
- 24 South Africa trip advices
- 25 Dubai transit with different connecting flights