We are travelling to Israel in November and spending 5/6 days in Jerusalem, although some days will be day trips.
We have heard from friends who took a week-long tour of Israel that they really enjoyed the "Dig for a Day" and are wondering if anyone else has done it. Because we will not be part of a tour group and generally prefer to do things independently whenever possible, we are wondering about the logistics of getting to the gas station in Beit Guvrin from Jerusalem.
- Does anyone know of a way to get there besides by taxi?
- If anyone has taken a taxi, can anyone estimate what the cost for 2 by taxi would be?
If you have any specifics you would like to add about your experience on the dig or at Beit Guvrin, we'd love to hear it.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 The Top Ten Places to Visit in South Africa
- 2 Babies Galore: Kenya in April
- 3 Israel Trip - Very Early Planning Stage
- 4 Moroccan Camel Safari
- 5 Accommodation in Cape Town
- 6 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 7 nearby game lodge from Johannesburg
- 8 Lower Zambezi vs. Northern So. Luangwa
- 9 Africa – after 10 years of waiting – an amazing and wondrous journey.
- 10 Other than car rental how to get to Kruger from Johannesburg?
- 11 Safari in South Africa
- 12 City Day guides and Sahara adventure
- 13 November Safari Help: Botswana or Kruger?
- 14 Safari in Kruger National Park
- 15 Family4Travels to Israel & Petra -matzos, mezze and Menachem!!
- 16 Sabi Sands Savanna Private Reserve vs Timbavati Motswari Game Lodge
- 17 Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe and Zambia) - Travel Report
- 18 Safari travel agent suggestions?
- 19 Straight through to Kenya or layover?
- 20 Southern Africa or Tanzania/Kenya for August 2018 Family Trip
- 21 Advise on Hotel stay and attractions visit in Casablanca
- 22 Experience of using Namibia Tracks and Trails
- 23 Transfer time at JNB Intl. airport
- 24 Sabi Sands areavs Motswari Timbavati area
- 25 Kilimanjaro Tour Operators