We are travelling to Israel in November and spending 5/6 days in Jerusalem, although some days will be day trips.
We have heard from friends who took a week-long tour of Israel that they really enjoyed the "Dig for a Day" and are wondering if anyone else has done it. Because we will not be part of a tour group and generally prefer to do things independently whenever possible, we are wondering about the logistics of getting to the gas station in Beit Guvrin from Jerusalem.
- Does anyone know of a way to get there besides by taxi?
- If anyone has taken a taxi, can anyone estimate what the cost for 2 by taxi would be?
If you have any specifics you would like to add about your experience on the dig or at Beit Guvrin, we'd love to hear it.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Safari Goers, I Need Your Expertise!
- 2 Our Magic Carpet Ride-Marrakesh!
- 3 Where do I even start planning my SA safari?
- 4 Itinerary Ideas
- 5 Tanzania Itinerary help
- 6 planning first safari to Tanzania ... feeling overwhelmed
- 7 Trip Report: Tanzania Northern Circuit Safari with Earthlife Expeditions
- 8 Help with Israel Trip (First Timers): Some Basic Questions
- 9 Tel Aviv-Haifa: gifts and presents. Any ideas?
- 10 An Ugandan Urge- Gorillas & Chimps in the midst
- 11 Narrowing down my 10 day itinerary
- 12 Kenya/Tanzania
- 13 Dubai first time
- 14 2 nights in Dubai
- 15 16 hours in Qatar
- 16 Petra from Israel
- 17 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 18 A South African in Lusaka
- 19 Packing for trip to Tanzania
- 20 Need tour operator for Tanzania and Kenya
- 21 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 22 RETURN TO BOTSWANA, PLUS JOHANNESBURG, 2017
- 23 Babies Galore: Kenya in April
- 24 Safari suggestions
- 25 Best places to eat in Egypt?