I've got what is probably a goofy question, but I'm still hoping someone has an answer. We are looking at doing the swim into Devil's Pool in Zambia at Victoria Falls, but I am wondering if there is any safety concerns about swimming in the water. It looks like you have to swim through some water to get there and then of course once you jump in the pool. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? I'm guessing I'm overthinking this but since lots of crazy things can exist in the water, I thought I would get some input! Thanks in advance.
Also, if anyone has any info on where I can find out when Devil's Pool "opens up" that would be great. We will be trying to do the swim on September 11th and it looks like that is right at the start of when it's ok to do it safely.
Devil's Pool - Safety / Availability
- 1 Help! First African safari!!!
- 2 My trip to Egypt .....
- 3 Safari Cost Comparison
- 4 dubai for 5 days
- 5 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 6 WHERE TO? Botswana? Tanzania? South Africa?
- 7 Help with travel plans for Dubai
- 8 Dubai Airport to cruise terminal
- 9 Anyone visiting Kenya 2014
- 10 Map of Safari Camps in Greater Kruger?
- 11 Bugs n' Botswana
- 12 Group Trip to Israel
- 13 My Trip to Palestine
- 14 1st Time Safari to South Africa -Lodge Recommendations!
- 15 TRIP REPORTART I: BUDGET, NOVICE TRIP TO ETHIOPIA AND KENYA
- 16 Being a tourist in Dubai
- 17 Tanzania, Kili, Camels and Horses
- 18 My Big Fat Africa Trip - Input Appreciated!!!!
- 19 Safari and Beach in June
- 20 Help -- choosing a beach for honeymoon: Seychelles, Mauritius, Mozambique
- 21 Back from our self-drive in the northern circuit
- 22 Botswana Flights to the Kwando camps
- 23 Questions on 10 day Morocco winter vacation
- 24 Highlights and Photos: Self-drive Kenya & Tanzania August 2009
- 25 Homestay Accomodation