I've got what is probably a goofy question, but I'm still hoping someone has an answer. We are looking at doing the swim into Devil's Pool in Zambia at Victoria Falls, but I am wondering if there is any safety concerns about swimming in the water. It looks like you have to swim through some water to get there and then of course once you jump in the pool. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? I'm guessing I'm overthinking this but since lots of crazy things can exist in the water, I thought I would get some input! Thanks in advance.
Also, if anyone has any info on where I can find out when Devil's Pool "opens up" that would be great. We will be trying to do the swim on September 11th and it looks like that is right at the start of when it's ok to do it safely.
Devil's Pool - Safety / Availability
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Advice and Suggestions for Southern Africa - April or June / July?
- 2 Small Tented Camp under $350USD in Kenya??
- 3 Sabi Sand Game Reserve Expert (Skukuza, South Africa)
- 4 New regulations for parents traveling to or in South Africa with children
- 5 Looking for child friendly self catering house in Cape Town in March 2015
- 6 Some advice re driving from Durban to Capetown via Umtata
- 7 Ebola and Morocco
- 8 Thompson Gazelle
- 9 Overland in West Africa
- 10 Domestic flight to HDS/MQP from JNB??
- 11 boutique hotel in tel aviv?
- 12 Cape Town, Safari + Victoria Falls
- 13 Kenya,Tanzania and Zanzibar Travel Tips
- 14 Morrocco and Cash
- 15 Don't go to Morrocco!
- 16 Car Hire Victoria Mahe Seychelles
- 17 Kenya - July 2014 - Acacia House in Masai Mara area
- 18 Overland trip Iceland to South Africa
- 19 South Africa trip advices
- 20 Dubai transit with different connecting flights
- 21 Questions on 10 day Morocco winter vacation
- 22 Tour to Morocco
- 23 Rhino conservation in S Africa
- 24 2 days in Nairobi- hotel and guides!
- 25 Erg Chebbi, a Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience!