I've got what is probably a goofy question, but I'm still hoping someone has an answer. We are looking at doing the swim into Devil's Pool in Zambia at Victoria Falls, but I am wondering if there is any safety concerns about swimming in the water. It looks like you have to swim through some water to get there and then of course once you jump in the pool. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? I'm guessing I'm overthinking this but since lots of crazy things can exist in the water, I thought I would get some input! Thanks in advance.
Also, if anyone has any info on where I can find out when Devil's Pool "opens up" that would be great. We will be trying to do the swim on September 11th and it looks like that is right at the start of when it's ok to do it safely.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Tanzania Safari Itinerary Advice Needed - Mid-May 2017
- 2 Amazing Kenya - a must visit
- 3 safari private lodges - % off rack rates
- 4 Rwanda - Gorilla Trekking
- 5 Uganda Visit - A beautiful Country
- 6 HELP WITH TOURS FROM EILAT TO PETRA
- 7 Uganda Visa
- 8 Uganda Trip Report
- 9 First Sight at the Half the World-Iran
- 10 South Africa Adventure Activities - Help Needed
- 11 Trip Report: June, 2016 S. Africa, Zambia and Malawi
- 12 Marrakech Itinerary - Desert or Atlas?
- 13 Trip to Petra
- 14 Dubai Desert Safari - Toddler Friendly?
- 15 Cape Town -safety
- 16 Trip to Merzouga
- 17 Any advise on travelling in Morocco
- 18 Swaziland in January
- 19 MOROCCO FOR 10 DAYS
- 20 good internet connection option Meknes
- 21 Overnight train from Fez to Marrakesh
- 22 Trip report about self-driving in Northern Namibia for 2 weeks in May 2014
- 23 Safari - March 2017 Timbavati vs. Sabi Sands
- 24 Pictures & Trip Report - Self-drive: South Africa & Namibia 2008
- 25 Tanzania Safari with OAT