I've got what is probably a goofy question, but I'm still hoping someone has an answer. We are looking at doing the swim into Devil's Pool in Zambia at Victoria Falls, but I am wondering if there is any safety concerns about swimming in the water. It looks like you have to swim through some water to get there and then of course once you jump in the pool. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? I'm guessing I'm overthinking this but since lots of crazy things can exist in the water, I thought I would get some input! Thanks in advance.
Also, if anyone has any info on where I can find out when Devil's Pool "opens up" that would be great. We will be trying to do the swim on September 11th and it looks like that is right at the start of when it's ok to do it safely.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Route planning and advice visiting Southern Africa by car.
- 2 South Africa Kgalagadi & Kruger back-to-back in 2016
- 3 March Trip to South Africa -- Need Quick Guidance Please!
- 4 Alexandria
- 5 Dubai in 36 hours
- 6 good internet connection option Meknes
- 7 A very belated TR - South of Namibia with Kgalagadi
- 8 South Africa trip report
- 9 Marrakesh - Expenses
- 10 Can gay people travel safely in Morocco?
- 11 Morocco Trip End of April - itinerary help please!
- 12 First time Safari - any comments on Wild Wings/Taga Safari companies?
- 13 Mombasa recomendations please
- 14 Private tours in Morocco
- 15 Kings Pool vs. Duma Tau
- 16 Hotels for Victoria falls
- 17 First time to Africa-need help!
- 18 How do I know if a company is legit
- 19 Point and Shoot camera for a Kenyan Safari
- 20 Question about Yellow Fever certificate
- 21 The Heat and Dust of Kafue & the Busanga Plains
- 22 Has anyone used this company in Uganda
- 23 Jewish tour Casablanca
- 24 Kenyan Safari Spending Money
- 25 Ethiopian security