I've got what is probably a goofy question, but I'm still hoping someone has an answer. We are looking at doing the swim into Devil's Pool in Zambia at Victoria Falls, but I am wondering if there is any safety concerns about swimming in the water. It looks like you have to swim through some water to get there and then of course once you jump in the pool. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? I'm guessing I'm overthinking this but since lots of crazy things can exist in the water, I thought I would get some input! Thanks in advance.
Also, if anyone has any info on where I can find out when Devil's Pool "opens up" that would be great. We will be trying to do the swim on September 11th and it looks like that is right at the start of when it's ok to do it safely.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 https://ozfacts.com/alpha-burst-n02
- 2 Abu Dhabi overnight stay
- 3 Babies Galore: Kenya in April
- 4 Audley Travel
- 5 Can "European" plugs be used in South Africa?
- 6 what kind of plug adapters to use in south africa
- 7 Israel Trip - Very Early Planning Stage
- 8 Moroccan Camel Safari
- 9 Accommodation in Cape Town
- 10 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 11 nearby game lodge from Johannesburg
- 12 Lower Zambezi vs. Northern So. Luangwa
- 13 Africa – after 10 years of waiting – an amazing and wondrous journey.
- 14 Other than car rental how to get to Kruger from Johannesburg?
- 15 Safari in South Africa
- 16 City Day guides and Sahara adventure
- 17 November Safari Help: Botswana or Kruger?
- 18 Safari in Kruger National Park
- 19 Family4Travels to Israel & Petra -matzos, mezze and Menachem!!
- 20 Sabi Sands Savanna Private Reserve vs Timbavati Motswari Game Lodge
- 21 Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe and Zambia) - Travel Report
- 22 Safari travel agent suggestions?
- 23 Straight through to Kenya or layover?
- 24 Southern Africa or Tanzania/Kenya for August 2018 Family Trip
- 25 Advise on Hotel stay and attractions visit in Casablanca