I've got what is probably a goofy question, but I'm still hoping someone has an answer. We are looking at doing the swim into Devil's Pool in Zambia at Victoria Falls, but I am wondering if there is any safety concerns about swimming in the water. It looks like you have to swim through some water to get there and then of course once you jump in the pool. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? I'm guessing I'm overthinking this but since lots of crazy things can exist in the water, I thought I would get some input! Thanks in advance.
Also, if anyone has any info on where I can find out when Devil's Pool "opens up" that would be great. We will be trying to do the swim on September 11th and it looks like that is right at the start of when it's ok to do it safely.
Devil's Pool - Safety / Availability
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Morocco to portugal
- 2 Car Rentals in Israel
- 3 Terrorism, Ebola - no more please
- 4 Uganda or Rwanda 2015
- 5 Independence Day in Israel
- 6 KwaZulu Natal and Kruger - sort of a Trip Report
- 7 Trip Insurance - a must?
- 8 South Africa in February?
- 9 Drinking on safari
- 10 Travelust
- 11 Okavango Delta - how to see it without breaking the bank?
- 12 Shots for Morocco
- 13 South Africa - travel from Bloemfontein via Karoo to Stellenbosch
- 14 South Africa - Cape wine lands - Suggestions organized wine tasting tour
- 15 Who to Choose? Africa Serendipity, Rothschild Safari or ATR?
- 16 Southern Africa trip - 5 weeks April / May 2015 starting in KZN
- 17 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 18 To Egypt in February - Need some advice
- 19 Thinking about The Gambia
- 20 Private Guide in Israel - Cost question
- 21 correct date of last post: free ebook available Sunday Dec 11
- 22 Dubai Sand Dune dinner
- 23 DAY TRIP FROM AGADIR
- 24 “Extensive tour around Egypt in 36 Days”
- 25 Help in finding Israel tour guide Moshe Nov