I've got what is probably a goofy question, but I'm still hoping someone has an answer. We are looking at doing the swim into Devil's Pool in Zambia at Victoria Falls, but I am wondering if there is any safety concerns about swimming in the water. It looks like you have to swim through some water to get there and then of course once you jump in the pool. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? I'm guessing I'm overthinking this but since lots of crazy things can exist in the water, I thought I would get some input! Thanks in advance.
Also, if anyone has any info on where I can find out when Devil's Pool "opens up" that would be great. We will be trying to do the swim on September 11th and it looks like that is right at the start of when it's ok to do it safely.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Trip Report: Tanzania Northern Circuit Safari with Earthlife Expeditions
- 2 What is the best Internet Service Provider in Cairo, Egypt?
- 3 Safari Goers, I Need Your Expertise!
- 4 An Ugandan Urge- Gorillas & Chimps in the midst
- 5 Our Magic Carpet Ride-Marrakesh!
- 6 Where do I even start planning my SA safari?
- 7 Itinerary Ideas
- 8 Tanzania Itinerary help
- 9 planning first safari to Tanzania ... feeling overwhelmed
- 10 Help with Israel Trip (First Timers): Some Basic Questions
- 11 Tel Aviv-Haifa: gifts and presents. Any ideas?
- 12 Narrowing down my 10 day itinerary
- 13 Kenya/Tanzania
- 14 Dubai first time
- 15 2 nights in Dubai
- 16 16 hours in Qatar
- 17 Petra from Israel
- 18 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 19 A South African in Lusaka
- 20 Packing for trip to Tanzania
- 21 Need tour operator for Tanzania and Kenya
- 22 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 23 RETURN TO BOTSWANA, PLUS JOHANNESBURG, 2017
- 24 Babies Galore: Kenya in April
- 25 Safari suggestions