I've got what is probably a goofy question, but I'm still hoping someone has an answer. We are looking at doing the swim into Devil's Pool in Zambia at Victoria Falls, but I am wondering if there is any safety concerns about swimming in the water. It looks like you have to swim through some water to get there and then of course once you jump in the pool. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? I'm guessing I'm overthinking this but since lots of crazy things can exist in the water, I thought I would get some input! Thanks in advance.
Also, if anyone has any info on where I can find out when Devil's Pool "opens up" that would be great. We will be trying to do the swim on September 11th and it looks like that is right at the start of when it's ok to do it safely.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 t volve
- 2 Logistics on staying in a riad in the medina
- 3 Route 1+90 allowed with rental car?
- 4 Fly or Train from CMN to Fes/Marrakesh
- 5 best bag to get for fly in safari in kenya
- 6 First time safari advice and awkward question
- 7 Souvenirs from South Africa
- 8 First Safari trip-on the right track?
- 9 Viator tour company
- 10 tours in Johannesburg
- 11 Planning my last day in Morocco
- 12 Egypt Quickie Trip
- 13 South African Cities
- 14 First Time Safari Help...Use a tour or not?
- 15 Luggage protection for Joburg?
- 16 Travelling during Purim or not?
- 17 East African Visa Beware!!!
- 18 Stanleys Camp Luggage
- 19 where to go in africa
- 20 Help with Flight Option: CMN or RAK
- 21 Ethiopian Holidays You Should Not Miss
- 22 Best Wineries - 2-3 days in Franschhoek and Stellenbosch
- 23 Tentative Itinerary - what do you think?
- 24 Help with bags
- 25 Royal Air Maroc Dreamliner JFK-CMN and maybe connect to RAK