I've got what is probably a goofy question, but I'm still hoping someone has an answer. We are looking at doing the swim into Devil's Pool in Zambia at Victoria Falls, but I am wondering if there is any safety concerns about swimming in the water. It looks like you have to swim through some water to get there and then of course once you jump in the pool. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? I'm guessing I'm overthinking this but since lots of crazy things can exist in the water, I thought I would get some input! Thanks in advance.
Also, if anyone has any info on where I can find out when Devil's Pool "opens up" that would be great. We will be trying to do the swim on September 11th and it looks like that is right at the start of when it's ok to do it safely.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 3 day desert tour: Marrakech to Merzouga
- 2 Kenya Safari Tour Operator Recommendations
- 3 Morocco help
- 4 Driving Distance from Kalahari Tented Camp to Western Etosha NP
- 5 IRAN
- 6 First trip to Africa
- 7 Money in Uganda
- 8 Uganda Visa
- 9 accomodation near Mata Mata Border post
- 10 Egypt- Dec Itinerary-help needed
- 11 Private Guide for Cairo
- 12 Egypt - Need Help!
- 13 Attractions in Cairo and around
- 14 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 15 CASABLANCA for 1 Day
- 16 Trip report about self-driving in Northern Namibia for 2 weeks in May 2014
- 17 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 18 Morocco 6 days Itinerary..Need Help
- 19 Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- 20 upcoming Africa trip ... gift ideas needed?
- 21 Trying to contact Rabbi Jay Karzen, Jerusalem
- 22 South Africa/Safari/12 days in May
- 23 Is Egypt OK to visit now with family ?
- 24 "Salute Africa" travel agency
- 25 Need feedback on my itinerary