I've got what is probably a goofy question, but I'm still hoping someone has an answer. We are looking at doing the swim into Devil's Pool in Zambia at Victoria Falls, but I am wondering if there is any safety concerns about swimming in the water. It looks like you have to swim through some water to get there and then of course once you jump in the pool. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? I'm guessing I'm overthinking this but since lots of crazy things can exist in the water, I thought I would get some input! Thanks in advance.
Also, if anyone has any info on where I can find out when Devil's Pool "opens up" that would be great. We will be trying to do the swim on September 11th and it looks like that is right at the start of when it's ok to do it safely.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 A First Journey to Southern Africa: Cape, Falls, and Animal Safaris
- 2 Morocco over Christmas
- 3 Clothing for October trip to Morocco
- 4 Jeans All the Time
- 5 Shopping in Morocco
- 6 After Botswana ?
- 7 Trip to Kenya in August 2016
- 8 East African Visa Beware!!!
- 9 2 Months in Ethiopia - My Experience
- 10 Luggage restrictions-Kenya? Diani Beach?
- 11 HELP! 20+ days in Africa - First time ever trip
- 12 Timing for Africa visit
- 13 3 weeks in Uganda - Our Experience
- 14 Itinerary Feedback: Kruger, Chobe, Victoria Falls, & Maasai Mara
- 15 OR Tambo to Arathusa: Fly or Drive
- 16 Botswana - Mobile Safari Operator Recommendations?
- 17 Kruger/sabi sands reserve Vs. Botswana
- 18 Has anyone been to Zanzibar and got tips?
- 19 Uganda, Rwanda, and Zanzibar-Brief Trip Report
- 20 Cape Town + safari itinerary
- 21 Namibia.It has suddenly dawned on me.
- 22 Last-minute South Africa advice?
- 23 DOHA LAYOVER
- 24 Morocco Questions
- 25 Egypt Quickie Trip