I've got what is probably a goofy question, but I'm still hoping someone has an answer. We are looking at doing the swim into Devil's Pool in Zambia at Victoria Falls, but I am wondering if there is any safety concerns about swimming in the water. It looks like you have to swim through some water to get there and then of course once you jump in the pool. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? I'm guessing I'm overthinking this but since lots of crazy things can exist in the water, I thought I would get some input! Thanks in advance.
Also, if anyone has any info on where I can find out when Devil's Pool "opens up" that would be great. We will be trying to do the swim on September 11th and it looks like that is right at the start of when it's ok to do it safely.
Devil's Pool - Safety / Availability
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 6 Days in the Danakil Depression - An Experience of a Life Time!
- 2 Have you been to East Africa ?Ethiopia?
- 3 Tanzania Safari
- 4 Trip Report Africa & Dubai
- 5 Generic malarone now availbale in Canada
- 6 14 day South Africa + Zimabawe with Gate 1 - Excellent Trip
- 7 Israel and Petra
- 8 Morocco for 2 nights
- 9 Need Help Organizing our time in Cape Town - 3.5 days in June
- 10 Who Plans and Packs for Your Bucket List Travel (Safari)
- 11 Magnificant Morocco
- 12 The 1st of may questions .. when to go???
- 13 Hotels in Nairobi
- 14 israel and petra
- 15 Itinerary needed for four days in Morocco
- 16 Memory cards for camera
- 17 World Travel Expert
- 18 maputo beach resorts -- safer this year?
- 19 Deep sea fishing -Seychelles
- 20 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September
- 21 FABULOUS Safari Clothing - Might as well look FINE...
- 22 Eilat/Petra Itinerary advice and Where to stay in the Dead Sea Area?
- 23 Oman: an indipendent and memorable 4x4 trip
- 24 Namibia and Botswana trip report: an indipendent 4x4 safari
- 25 Uganda Trip Report May 2012