Was just wondering if anyone could advise what is the major comparison between Dendera/Abydos temples, vs the major temples at Luxor (such as Karnak, Luxor Temple, Medihat Habu, Valley of The Queens?)
If I was being completely honest, my family are not entirely keen on tombs (but we stand corrected as we have never seen actual ones in Egypt yet) , but we are so far impressed by the paintings of Dendera/Abydos and Medihat Habu, seen on TA.
We only have two days in Luxor, and we thought of going to the major must see's namely Karnak and Luxor Temple on Day 1.
And Day 2..... would you reckon we should visit Dendera/Abydos on a Full Day excursion (we wouldn't mind the journey, I think)? Meaning entirely skipping the Valley of the Queen, Valley of Artisan, or Valley of the Kings etc. Would you think this is a good idea? Considering my family isn't into tombs but more inclined with the paintings. Are the paintings in Dendera/Abydos can be found in temples of Luxor? Are the Valley of The Queens and the likes so worthwhile that it should not be missed, and that means forgoing Dendera/Abydos?
Any general insights of these comparisons would be truly appreciated.
Thank you very much for your time and I wish you a wonderful day.
Dendera/Abydos temples vs The major temples at Luxor
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 South Africa trip advices
- 2 Rhino conservation in S Africa
- 3 2 days in Nairobi- hotel and guides!
- 4 Advice and Suggestions for Southern Africa - April or June / July?
- 5 Morrocco and Cash
- 6 Kenya - July 2014 - Acacia House in Masai Mara area
- 7 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 8 Camping in Erg Chebbi -- are there bathrooms???
- 9 Overland trip Iceland to South Africa
- 10 Don't go to Morrocco!
- 11 boutique hotel in tel aviv?
- 12 Terrorism, Ebola - no more please
- 13 First time in Africa on safari
- 14 South Africa Peer-to-Peer Vehicle Rentals
- 15 Saruni Samburu & Tortilis Amboseli - An amazing experience
- 16 Erg Chebbi, a Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience!
- 17 2 Weeks In Iran: So Far Away From The Clichés!
- 18 Cairo Hotels and Safety
- 19 15 days, 5 walks, 4 medinas, 3 gal of mint tea, 2 camel rides, one Morocco!
- 20 Namibia - Camping Tour
- 21 Dubai Airport: is it safe for a woman traveling alone?
- 22 Two weeks in Qatar, how much money to budget?
- 23 Transport Available from Harare to Victoria Falls - 17 Aug 2014
- 24 Tanzania Safari - The Good, The Bad, The Unexpected and The Amazing!!
- 25 Staying out all day vs coming in for lunch in Botswana parks/concessions?