Was just wondering if anyone could advise what is the major comparison between Dendera/Abydos temples, vs the major temples at Luxor (such as Karnak, Luxor Temple, Medihat Habu, Valley of The Queens?)
If I was being completely honest, my family are not entirely keen on tombs (but we stand corrected as we have never seen actual ones in Egypt yet) , but we are so far impressed by the paintings of Dendera/Abydos and Medihat Habu, seen on TA.
We only have two days in Luxor, and we thought of going to the major must see's namely Karnak and Luxor Temple on Day 1.
And Day 2..... would you reckon we should visit Dendera/Abydos on a Full Day excursion (we wouldn't mind the journey, I think)? Meaning entirely skipping the Valley of the Queen, Valley of Artisan, or Valley of the Kings etc. Would you think this is a good idea? Considering my family isn't into tombs but more inclined with the paintings. Are the paintings in Dendera/Abydos can be found in temples of Luxor? Are the Valley of The Queens and the likes so worthwhile that it should not be missed, and that means forgoing Dendera/Abydos?
Any general insights of these comparisons would be truly appreciated.
Thank you very much for your time and I wish you a wonderful day.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Is a riad pool in Marrakech usable in May?
- 2 Safari - Camera / Binoculars
- 3 1.5 hours layover Dubai-enough time?
- 4 Cradle of Humankind
- 5 South Africa planning next Feb/March
- 6 Morocco Working Itinerary
- 7 Lag b'Omer: Tel Aviv - Meron after shabbat: how?
- 8 Petra from Israel
- 9 Draft itinerary for Morocco
- 10 Vaccinations and Traveling S Africa / Botswana / Seychelles
- 11 Kenya + Seychelles Honeymoon
- 12 Morocco Trip End of April - itinerary help please!
- 13 israel tour
- 14 Kenya Vs. tanzania
- 15 Can the Seychelles be done on a budget?
- 16 Family Kenya Safari July 2017
- 17 Luxury train ride
- 18 Safety in Fes
- 19 6 Weeks in South & East Africa - travel advice
- 20 Morocco: Do it yourself, or get a tour company?
- 21 Sim card mainly for data
- 22 Honeymoon - South Africa
- 23 Morocco: no such thing as fixed price in Medina
- 24 August 2017 Travel to Kenya/Tanzania
- 25 Urgent help please for my final itinerary Morocco 10 nights