Was just wondering if anyone could advise what is the major comparison between Dendera/Abydos temples, vs the major temples at Luxor (such as Karnak, Luxor Temple, Medihat Habu, Valley of The Queens?)
If I was being completely honest, my family are not entirely keen on tombs (but we stand corrected as we have never seen actual ones in Egypt yet) , but we are so far impressed by the paintings of Dendera/Abydos and Medihat Habu, seen on TA.
We only have two days in Luxor, and we thought of going to the major must see's namely Karnak and Luxor Temple on Day 1.
And Day 2..... would you reckon we should visit Dendera/Abydos on a Full Day excursion (we wouldn't mind the journey, I think)? Meaning entirely skipping the Valley of the Queen, Valley of Artisan, or Valley of the Kings etc. Would you think this is a good idea? Considering my family isn't into tombs but more inclined with the paintings. Are the paintings in Dendera/Abydos can be found in temples of Luxor? Are the Valley of The Queens and the likes so worthwhile that it should not be missed, and that means forgoing Dendera/Abydos?
Any general insights of these comparisons would be truly appreciated.
Thank you very much for your time and I wish you a wonderful day.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Affidavit document for sole parent traveling to SA with child
- 2 Help plan African Safari
- 3 Trip Insurance for Africa Trip
- 4 Help planning a first safari on a budget?
- 5 Tipping on Safari
- 6 Trip Report: South Africa & Namibia April 28 – May 14
- 7 Cape Town
- 8 Widerness Lodges
- 9 THE PANORAMA ROUTE
- 10 Amazing 40th Anniversary Celebration in South Africa
- 11 Cape Town -safety
- 12 NBO Airport Transfer?
- 13 SA itin review
- 14 Botswana safari in late November
- 15 Ferry to Morocco
- 16 Thinking About Africa...Again!
- 17 Dubai (DXB) - New Business Lounges
- 18 Morocco 8 nights Dec trip ideas
- 19 Aug 17 Botswana itinerary help
- 20 Southern Africa, 2 weeks, 10 passport stamps!!
- 21 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 22 Do no use Sunrise Eco Tours - Rwanda\Uganda
- 23 Safe to Travel to Morocco
- 24 East Africa Safari 1st Time- Summer 2016
- 25 Fuerteventura: SS America (SS American Star)