Was just wondering if anyone could advise what is the major comparison between Dendera/Abydos temples, vs the major temples at Luxor (such as Karnak, Luxor Temple, Medihat Habu, Valley of The Queens?)
If I was being completely honest, my family are not entirely keen on tombs (but we stand corrected as we have never seen actual ones in Egypt yet) , but we are so far impressed by the paintings of Dendera/Abydos and Medihat Habu, seen on TA.
We only have two days in Luxor, and we thought of going to the major must see's namely Karnak and Luxor Temple on Day 1.
And Day 2..... would you reckon we should visit Dendera/Abydos on a Full Day excursion (we wouldn't mind the journey, I think)? Meaning entirely skipping the Valley of the Queen, Valley of Artisan, or Valley of the Kings etc. Would you think this is a good idea? Considering my family isn't into tombs but more inclined with the paintings. Are the paintings in Dendera/Abydos can be found in temples of Luxor? Are the Valley of The Queens and the likes so worthwhile that it should not be missed, and that means forgoing Dendera/Abydos?
Any general insights of these comparisons would be truly appreciated.
Thank you very much for your time and I wish you a wonderful day.
Dendera/Abydos temples vs The major temples at Luxor
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 River and Tsingy: tour proposed by the best guide Madagascar
- 2 Botswana Green Season 2014/15 Camp discounted pricing
- 3 trip report s africa, victoria falls & Botswana Zambezi Queen
- 4 Morocco Tour: Marrakech Fes Merzouga Camel Trek in Sahara
- 5 Tanzania (Selous): Trip Report for Lake Manze Camp
- 6 Tanzania (Selous): Trip Report for Selous Impala Camp
- 7 Tanzania (Ruaha): Trip Report for Mwagusi Camp
- 8 Masai Mara Epic Big Five and Wildbeast Migration
- 9 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)
- 10 Wild Dogs (Lycaon pictus) seen in Samburu Kenya
- 11 Awesome trip and still not done
- 12 South Africa
- 13 Some Cape Town hotel - day tour suggestions?
- 14 2 weeks in Oman - Our experience
- 15 Private Conservancy Recommendations
- 16 Jordanesert,Rose City, Fabulous views,Unearthly landscapes.
- 17 Cairo Hotels and Safety
- 18 Erta Ale volcano in Ethiopia - anybody been there?
- 19 Cultural Tour from Maun?
- 20 Lake Ngami (Bots) - anybody been there lately?
- 21 [UGANDA] Meeting Local People
- 22 [UGANDA] Selected Budget and MidRange Tour Operators.
- 23 Bidair at JNB
- 24 Sole fem traveller guide
- 25 Trip Report - Safari South Africa 2012