After seeing the film "Hotel Rwanda," it seems amazing to me now when I read about how many people are now traveling to Rwanda to see gorillas -- the country seems to have come such a long way in a short time since the extreme violence, in terms of starting to recover and attract tourists. That made me think about the current ongoing violence in the Sudan and the tragedy I keep reading about in Darfur now. Maybe this is a hopelessly naive question, but can anyone imagine a time when the Sudan will be less volatile and will have something -- anything -- to offer tourists? Has anyone here ever been to the Sudan in the past, and what was it like?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Private Tour Recommendations To Erg Chebbi
- 2 Help with itinerary
- 3 Either Masai Mara or Serengeti in May 2015. Can I enjoy due to rains.
- 4 Wildlife camps in Kenya and Tanzania
- 5 What to bring as gift from U.S. for Moroccan family?
- 6 5 months in Africa - advice please?
- 7 A month in Africa - how to spend the time
- 8 2/3 Months in South/East Africa - Itinerary help please?
- 9 How to chose a safari tour company?
- 10 Help with Safari in mid range, Stellenbosch,
- 11 Need to Chose Camp in Botswana ASAP!
- 12 what kind of phone
- 13 Small group tours in israel
- 14 Where is the Bisotun ?
- 15 Our hectic trek up Kilimanjaro and animal-filled safari in Tanzania!
- 16 Timbavati OR Kalahari
- 17 Iran Info, Please
- 18 1 month in southern Africa; how long in J'burg??
- 19 Safari on a budget!
- 20 fez accommodation
- 21 Gorilla Trekking with Churchill Safaris
- 22 Egypt safe travel
- 23 Rwanda for Gorillas....add on Uganda, Tanzania, Zanzibar?
- 24 Cape Town + Safari and what else?
- 25 Need help with N TZ itinerary