After seeing the film "Hotel Rwanda," it seems amazing to me now when I read about how many people are now traveling to Rwanda to see gorillas -- the country seems to have come such a long way in a short time since the extreme violence, in terms of starting to recover and attract tourists. That made me think about the current ongoing violence in the Sudan and the tragedy I keep reading about in Darfur now. Maybe this is a hopelessly naive question, but can anyone imagine a time when the Sudan will be less volatile and will have something -- anything -- to offer tourists? Has anyone here ever been to the Sudan in the past, and what was it like?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Is this too ambitious for a trip to Africa?
- 2 Itinerary Help-South Africa
- 3 Help! Need guidance for safari to Kenya and Tanzania late May
- 4 Tour Operator/Vendor for safari planning suggestions?
- 5 Please help me choose which Tanzania safari!
- 6 Things to see in Dubai
- 7 Tanzania - private guide with vehicle
- 8 Great Tanzania trip in the off season
- 9 botswana, zimbabwe/zambia trip advice
- 10 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 11 Comments on Botswana itinerary with Wilderness Travel
- 12 Migration in Serengeti July/August
- 13 Trip Report: Tanzania, Kenya & Zanzibar with MICATO May /June 2006
- 14 looking for nice boutique hotel in tel aviv
- 15 Rwanda, Uganda and Tanzania
- 16 Garden Route PE to Cape Town
- 17 Safari on a budget!
- 18 Tips for Israel
- 19 al-fayoum oasis in 1/2 day
- 20 Egypt: Suggestions for what to do afternoon around Giza
- 21 Road To Morocco Tours
- 22 Kasbahs, camels, and couscous - 12 days in Morocco
- 23 Obtaining Visas for Egypt
- 24 Transfers to and from the Ben gurion airport TLV
- 25 Ideas for solo (female) relaxing trip next month