After seeing the film "Hotel Rwanda," it seems amazing to me now when I read about how many people are now traveling to Rwanda to see gorillas -- the country seems to have come such a long way in a short time since the extreme violence, in terms of starting to recover and attract tourists. That made me think about the current ongoing violence in the Sudan and the tragedy I keep reading about in Darfur now. Maybe this is a hopelessly naive question, but can anyone imagine a time when the Sudan will be less volatile and will have something -- anything -- to offer tourists? Has anyone here ever been to the Sudan in the past, and what was it like?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Self Drive SA, Botswana, Zimbabwe - help, 4x4 hire/border restrictions
- 2 Cape Town Safety?
- 3 First Time in Israel Tour Suggestions
- 4 first time family safari in August 2014
- 5 Sabi Sands camps
- 6 Questions on 10 day Morocco winter vacation
- 7 London to Tel aviv What to expect at BG /Trans to Tel aviv / booking.com
- 8 place to sleep near airport for a 6 hour layover .. switching airports
- 9 Help with Rwanda trip
- 10 History Of Mount Kilimanjaro
- 11 Have you been to East Africa ?Ethiopia?
- 12 Tel Aviv beaches
- 13 Memory cards for camera
- 14 trip report, morocco
- 15 Marrakech to Fes by bus
- 16 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September
- 17 Generic malarone now availbale in Canada
- 18 Morocco for 2 nights
- 19 Maldives, Seychelles or Mauritius??
- 20 Hotels in Nairobi
- 21 Who Plans and Packs for Your Bucket List Travel (Safari)
- 22 Rwanda trip report
- 23 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)
- 24 A Couple of Questions Regarding My Itinerary
- 25 Petra in August, Petra by Night?