After seeing the film "Hotel Rwanda," it seems amazing to me now when I read about how many people are now traveling to Rwanda to see gorillas -- the country seems to have come such a long way in a short time since the extreme violence, in terms of starting to recover and attract tourists. That made me think about the current ongoing violence in the Sudan and the tragedy I keep reading about in Darfur now. Maybe this is a hopelessly naive question, but can anyone imagine a time when the Sudan will be less volatile and will have something -- anything -- to offer tourists? Has anyone here ever been to the Sudan in the past, and what was it like?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Two Weeks in Capetown, want to add a safari
- 2 Anybody used Classic Africa to plan a safari?
- 3 Five Thousand Years in 19 days - Pyramids, Tombs, Camels and a River
- 4 ISRAEL on SATURDAY - Transport
- 5 A month in Africa - how to spend the time
- 6 Safari buddies - late August
- 7 Just Back: Taming Kilimanjaro and northern Tanzania
- 8 Kruger
- 9 Americans in Iran - an amazing 1-month trip
- 10 Dennis's Trip Report: Caprivi Strip, Vic Falls and Hwange Park, Zimbabwe
- 11 Best African safari destination – in addition to Masai Mara Conservancy?
- 12 Morocco Trip Report
- 13 FRS Ferry between Tarifa and Tangier
- 14 Seychelles, Mauritius and South Africa Trip Report
- 15 Migration into the Mara early this year
- 16 Namibia.It has suddenly dawned on me.
- 17 Well traveled...but not in Africa. Need help with itineraries!
- 18 Wild Dog Pups and Brown Hyenas: A Volunteer Adventure in South Africa
- 19 Wondering about airfare for 2016 Kenya safari
- 20 Nairobi airport - any updates?
- 21 Tanzania camping safari itinerary
- 22 Help needed getting from Tel Aviv Airport to Eilat
- 23 Car Rentals in Israel
- 24 PORT SAID/CAIRO - 1 DAY off cruise ship
- 25 Travelling with my elderly Mum to Jordan, Israel and PA