After seeing the film "Hotel Rwanda," it seems amazing to me now when I read about how many people are now traveling to Rwanda to see gorillas -- the country seems to have come such a long way in a short time since the extreme violence, in terms of starting to recover and attract tourists. That made me think about the current ongoing violence in the Sudan and the tragedy I keep reading about in Darfur now. Maybe this is a hopelessly naive question, but can anyone imagine a time when the Sudan will be less volatile and will have something -- anything -- to offer tourists? Has anyone here ever been to the Sudan in the past, and what was it like?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 ObtainQuality Real/Novelty Document for all countries
- 2 Excellent Tour Company in Morocco
- 3 Child friendly holiday house or apartment in Cape Town (repeat request)
- 4 2 Weeks In Iran: So Far Away From The Clichés!
- 5 Nairobi Airport Layover
- 6 Just back from our Chobe and Delta trip-WOW,WOW, WOW!
- 7 Looking for a travel partner for photography trip to Africa
- 8 Morocco and Algeria or Tunisia
- 9 Tour to Morocco
- 10 Around Morocco - Lahcen Boujouija
- 11 Camping in Erg Chebbi -- are there bathrooms???
- 12 Where should one seek adventure in Jerusalem?
- 13 Value for money, must eat restaurant in Tel Aviv?
- 14 Safari in Kenya & Tanzania - A report on Camps, Parks, Tips, Packing, Photo, Money & more.
- 15 Photographic Magazine's Top 10 Tips For Shooting On Safari...
- 16 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 17 Small Tented Camp under $350USD in Kenya??
- 18 Uganda again
- 19 November at victoria falls
- 20 Embarrassing question about gorilla tracking
- 21 Best tour guides in Jerusalem
- 22 Climb Kilimanjaro advice
- 23 NEVER travel with Grande Navi Veloci
- 24 Advice: soft luggage for S. Africa safari w/small planes
- 25 Royal Jordanian or El Al: For Tel Aviv with Petra Side-trip