Typical business-class hotel. Smallish rooms (we had the standard, but you could book a suite). There is an executive floor, which we were not on, with the usual free drinks and snacks. Very modern furniture in the rooms, glass-walled bathrooms (but still having a lot of privacy). Good selection of toiletries; one robe and one pair of slippers provided. There was a hairdryer and electronic safe, also a plasma TV with many stations, minibar (not included), laundry service (not included). Turndown provided. We ate dinner at the Oriental restaurant--very good dim sum. We had drinks at the bar on the eighth floor (it has a large deck, so you can go outside, but there are no tables and chairs, and I imagine it’s quite windy), and also in the lobby bar (which had outdoor seating). The breakfast buffet was unbelievably extensive, and included in most room rates (as are applicable room taxes). The pool, gym, and spa areas are nice. There is a good selection of small shops in the lobby, and a tiny casino (must wear long pants inside). It was located about 20 minutes from the airport, which cost about $20 for the cab ride. This hotel was a great value for the price we paid ($160 US per night), and I wouldn’t hesitate to stay there again.
Dar es Salaam: Kilimanjaro Kempinski
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 15 days, 5 walks, 4 medinas, 3 gal of mint tea, 2 camel rides, one Morocco!
- 2 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 3 Quick question about Kenya..
- 4 Help please! Trying to plan an African trip!
- 5 Egypt, Israel and Jordan safety concerns.
- 6 2 Weeks In Iran: So Far Away From The Clichés!
- 7 Questions about Chobe
- 8 Mala Mala Luxury Suite or Sabi Sabi Mandleve Presidential Suite?
- 9 What camera to use on safari
- 10 Wildlife camps in Kenya and Tanzania
- 11 Staying out all day vs coming in for lunch in Botswana parks/concessions?
- 12 Lamu or Zanzibar?
- 13 India
- 14 Tanzania (Ruaha): Trip Report for Mwagusi Camp
- 15 Ideas about the trip.
- 16 Israel/Jordan -- other trip options to bypass Israel?
- 17 3 days in Teheran
- 18 CAMEL TREK IN MOROCCO
- 19 trip report s africa, victoria falls & Botswana Zambezi Queen
- 20 Draft itinerary - Portugal, Spain, Morocco
- 21 Some advice re driving from Durban to Capetown via Umtata
- 22 Oman - moderate priced hotel near souks
- 23 Taxi - Casablanca Airport to El Jdidh
- 24 Ethiopian Air - Horrible
- 25 Botswana vs Namibia in May