Typical business-class hotel. Smallish rooms (we had the standard, but you could book a suite). There is an executive floor, which we were not on, with the usual free drinks and snacks. Very modern furniture in the rooms, glass-walled bathrooms (but still having a lot of privacy). Good selection of toiletries; one robe and one pair of slippers provided. There was a hairdryer and electronic safe, also a plasma TV with many stations, minibar (not included), laundry service (not included). Turndown provided. We ate dinner at the Oriental restaurant--very good dim sum. We had drinks at the bar on the eighth floor (it has a large deck, so you can go outside, but there are no tables and chairs, and I imagine it’s quite windy), and also in the lobby bar (which had outdoor seating). The breakfast buffet was unbelievably extensive, and included in most room rates (as are applicable room taxes). The pool, gym, and spa areas are nice. There is a good selection of small shops in the lobby, and a tiny casino (must wear long pants inside). It was located about 20 minutes from the airport, which cost about $20 for the cab ride. This hotel was a great value for the price we paid ($160 US per night), and I wouldn’t hesitate to stay there again.
Dar es Salaam: Kilimanjaro Kempinski
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 UAE Desert Safari
- 2 Serengeti Photo Safari - April 2015
- 3 Where to go after visit to Uganda in late March/early April
- 4 A month in Africa - how to spend the time
- 5 Now is the Time fo Egypt...
- 6 Guide for Serengeti Wildebeest Migration Jan 2015
- 7 South Africa in February?
- 8 best camera for semi-novice for safari in tanzania & kenya (nikon p500)
- 9 Egypt: Suggestions for what to do afternoon around Giza
- 10 Riad Saturday Night vs. Riad Dar El Janoub
- 11 Dubai first time
- 12 Rwanda, Uganda and Tanzania
- 13 Zambia Impressions
- 14 Taste of Dubai
- 15 Morocco floods - areas affected
- 16 Zanzibar - from a resident's perspective
- 17 Magnificent wedding in the Masai Mara
- 18 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 19 Travel Report for Malawi - A Great Place To Relax
- 20 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 21 Comments on Botswana itinerary with Wilderness Travel
- 22 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 23 Mauritius September 2015 - Silver Beach Resort or Emeraude Beach Attitude?
- 24 Don't go to Morrocco!
- 25 Where to spend extra night; Merzouga or Skoura?