Typical business-class hotel. Smallish rooms (we had the standard, but you could book a suite). There is an executive floor, which we were not on, with the usual free drinks and snacks. Very modern furniture in the rooms, glass-walled bathrooms (but still having a lot of privacy). Good selection of toiletries; one robe and one pair of slippers provided. There was a hairdryer and electronic safe, also a plasma TV with many stations, minibar (not included), laundry service (not included). Turndown provided. We ate dinner at the Oriental restaurant--very good dim sum. We had drinks at the bar on the eighth floor (it has a large deck, so you can go outside, but there are no tables and chairs, and I imagine it’s quite windy), and also in the lobby bar (which had outdoor seating). The breakfast buffet was unbelievably extensive, and included in most room rates (as are applicable room taxes). The pool, gym, and spa areas are nice. There is a good selection of small shops in the lobby, and a tiny casino (must wear long pants inside). It was located about 20 minutes from the airport, which cost about $20 for the cab ride. This hotel was a great value for the price we paid ($160 US per night), and I wouldn’t hesitate to stay there again.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 OR Tambo to Arathusa: Fly or Drive
- 2 What Ethiopians Drink and Eat
- 3 Tanzania vs. Botswana
- 4 Morocco Questions
- 5 Botswana safari recs
- 6 Last-minute South Africa advice?
- 7 Top Five Must-see Places in Addis Ababa
- 8 Safe to Travel to Morocco
- 9 Amazing 40th Anniversary Celebration in South Africa
- 10 Swartberg Pass or not?
- 11 Botswana in January
- 12 FloShuttle. from Ben Gurion airport
- 13 Help please! Port Elizabeth/Addo Elephant
- 14 Activities to Keep the Kids Entertained in Dubai
- 15 Rhino Africa - Reviews
- 16 Help me plan a family safari for three generations!
- 17 Planning & Strategy for 1st African Safari - Early July 2017
- 18 Southern Africa, 2 weeks, 10 passport stamps!!
- 19 Done with tourist activity/ two fully free solo days
- 20 2 days i n JO'burg
- 21 Victoria Falls 3 day visit from a month in SA
- 22 Timbavati or Klaserie Game Lodge Options
- 23 Jnb to Vic Falls cheap
- 24 Zambia HELP!
- 25 Israel in January