Typical business-class hotel. Smallish rooms (we had the standard, but you could book a suite). There is an executive floor, which we were not on, with the usual free drinks and snacks. Very modern furniture in the rooms, glass-walled bathrooms (but still having a lot of privacy). Good selection of toiletries; one robe and one pair of slippers provided. There was a hairdryer and electronic safe, also a plasma TV with many stations, minibar (not included), laundry service (not included). Turndown provided. We ate dinner at the Oriental restaurant--very good dim sum. We had drinks at the bar on the eighth floor (it has a large deck, so you can go outside, but there are no tables and chairs, and I imagine it’s quite windy), and also in the lobby bar (which had outdoor seating). The breakfast buffet was unbelievably extensive, and included in most room rates (as are applicable room taxes). The pool, gym, and spa areas are nice. There is a good selection of small shops in the lobby, and a tiny casino (must wear long pants inside). It was located about 20 minutes from the airport, which cost about $20 for the cab ride. This hotel was a great value for the price we paid ($160 US per night), and I wouldn’t hesitate to stay there again.
Dar es Salaam: Kilimanjaro Kempinski
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Eilat - Petra and the Dead Sea
- 2 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September
- 3 Self Drive SA, Botswana, Zimbabwe - help, 4x4 hire/border restrictions
- 4 Petra in August, Petra by Night?
- 5 Need Help Organizing our time in Cape Town - 3.5 days in June
- 6 Morocco for 2 nights
- 7 Generic malarone now availbale in Canada
- 8 HELP..visiting Oman and Qatar from Dubai
- 9 6 Days in the Danakil Depression - An Experience of a Life Time!
- 10 Have you been to East Africa ?Ethiopia?
- 11 Tanzania Safari
- 12 Trip Report Africa & Dubai
- 13 Israel and Petra
- 14 Who Plans and Packs for Your Bucket List Travel (Safari)
- 15 Magnificant Morocco
- 16 The 1st of may questions .. when to go???
- 17 Hotels in Nairobi
- 18 israel and petra
- 19 Itinerary needed for four days in Morocco
- 20 Memory cards for camera
- 21 World Travel Expert
- 22 maputo beach resorts -- safer this year?
- 23 Deep sea fishing -Seychelles
- 24 FABULOUS Safari Clothing - Might as well look FINE...
- 25 Eilat/Petra Itinerary advice and Where to stay in the Dead Sea Area?