We are planning a trip to Namibia for next September -- about 10-11 days in all. Currently we are booked at the Damaraland Camp for two nights but having some discussions in our group about whether we want to make that stop or no. The woman helping us with the planning is definitely in favor, but friends of friends say it is a moonscape-like place and not all that interesting. We know there are rock art sites, Himba villages, and maybe desert elephants to see which sounds interesting. Has anyone got advice for us?
Damaraland: Yes or No?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Nairobi airport
- 2 Dubai - Palm Island
- 3 Advice on Jordan/Masada Itinerary
- 4 Arabic language audio course
- 5 Egypt safe travel
- 6 Kenya/Tanzania Travel Buddies
- 7 Pilanesberg or Kruger? Please comment on my itinerary!
- 8 Now is the Time fo Egypt...
- 9 UAE Desert Safari
- 10 Serengeti Photo Safari - April 2015
- 11 Where to go after visit to Uganda in late March/early April
- 12 A month in Africa - how to spend the time
- 13 Guide for Serengeti Wildebeest Migration Jan 2015
- 14 South Africa in February?
- 15 best camera for semi-novice for safari in tanzania & kenya (nikon p500)
- 16 Egypt: Suggestions for what to do afternoon around Giza
- 17 Riad Saturday Night vs. Riad Dar El Janoub
- 18 Dubai first time
- 19 Rwanda, Uganda and Tanzania
- 20 Zambia Impressions
- 21 Taste of Dubai
- 22 Morocco floods - areas affected
- 23 Zanzibar - from a resident's perspective
- 24 Magnificent wedding in the Masai Mara
- 25 Johannesburg to Cape Town