My husband and I are currently scheduled to visit the gorillas in Rwanda next week (!!!), but have been hearing about the rebel fighting just over the hill in eastern Congo. Should we be worried? Should we cancel? Has anyone of you out there been there recently or are there now? If so, please let us know what the situation is like and if you think it is safe. We really really really want to go, but safety first! Thanks so much!
Current Safety Situation?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Connect Hemisphere Safaris - BEWARE: Fraudulent, Incompetent
- 2 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 3 Choosing Between Africa Odyssey, Africa Adventure Company, & andBeyond
- 4 South Africa escorted tour - your comments please!
- 5 Choosing A Morocco Tour Operator?
- 6 Proposed Zambia Itinerary Update
- 7 Anyone going to Tanzania soon ?
- 8 need private tour guide for Jordan
- 9 Saudi Arabia and Oman?
- 10 Dubai - to go or not to go?
- 11 Best time to go to South Africa?
- 12 Uganda Travel Planning
- 13 Israel and Jordan
- 14 Green Season Safari Questions
- 15 Tour of Morocco, is this a good one?
- 16 Tel Aviv Special Occasion Restaurant
- 17 We're going to Jordan and Israel
- 18 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September
- 19 Ethiopia Omo valley tour(March 21-28)- Need a travel partner
- 20 Northern Circuit tour company
- 21 Delta trip Aug/28-9/10 Sooooo excited!!
- 22 Oman Trip Report
- 23 Family Itinerary - would welcome advice/opinion
- 24 A Look Back
- 25 Morocco photo gallery and tourist attractions