I'm wondering how much time I should have in Luxor and Aswan before and after our 3-night cruise. The cruise offers a half-day tour of Luxor and Karnak (together) and a half-day tour of the Valley of the Kings (incl the Temple of Hatshepsut and the Colossi of Memnon) and a half day in Aswan (High Dam, the granite quarries and the Temple of Philae). Are we going to want to go back to any of these sites (I'm imagining feeling very rushed in the Valley of the Kings). Has anyone done this kind of thing with a cruise? Would it be important to end in Luxor so as to know what we will want to cover that the cruise hasn't? Thanks, Carol
Cruise tours crowded & rushed?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 12 hours layover in Cairo
- 2 Around Morocco - Lahcen Boujouija
- 3 Morroco Travel Guide
- 4 What a wonderful holiday in Kenya!!
- 5 Side trip from Kigali Rwanda
- 6 Long layover at Hamad Airport, Doha
- 7 First trip to Africa in December-January
- 8 Tanzania or Kenya in October
- 9 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)
- 10 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 11 Embarrassing question about gorilla tracking
- 12 Nairobi Airport Layover
- 13 Child friendly holiday house or apartment in Cape Town (repeat request)
- 14 Uganda/Rwanda - trip report and lots of information for independent travel
- 15 Interesting and uncommon stuff to do in Tel Aviv?
- 16 New regulations for parents traveling to or in South Africa with children
- 17 Overnight train Marrakech - Tangiers the same day of return flight
- 18 Charity begins at Home!
- 19 Sun Safaris
- 20 Advice: soft luggage for S. Africa safari w/small planes
- 21 Small Tented Camp under $350USD in Kenya??
- 22 2 Weeks In Iran: So Far Away From The Clichés!
- 23 Just back from our Chobe and Delta trip-WOW,WOW, WOW!
- 24 Looking for a travel partner for photography trip to Africa
- 25 Morocco and Algeria or Tunisia