Ok, I'm off to Egypt in Novermber to take part in the Cross Egypt Challenge.
Now you're probably asking what the heck is that? Well I'm a scooter rider and this is a 2500 km tour of Egypt by motor scooter. There will be up to 30 of us riding as a group. From Alexandria to Cairo, down thru several oasis and both the White and Black deserts, then over to Luxor, out to the Red Sea coast then up the Red Sea shoreline and back to finish on the Plains of Giza at the Pyramids.
My plan is to arrive in Cairo dinner time on Sunday Nov 3, have Monday and Tuesday in Cairo (what should I do to maximize two days in Cairo) then Wednesday morning take the train up to Alexandria (how to book that?) and be in Alexandria Wednesday and Thursday. I meet up with the start of the scooter adventure around dinner time Thursday. Then the 9 days of riding start on Friday morning.
I'd like to see the Egyptian museum and some of the mosques and other sites of Cairo while I'm there. So.... what can you folks suggest?
Also, specific advice on the train from Cairo to Alexandria, how to book, fare, schedule, etc.
Thanking everybody in advance who can assist.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 http://www.healthtalked.com/xtend-xr/
- 2 Restaurants and other suggestions - Fez, Essaouira
- 3 Itinerary and logistics of Mid April Mrocco solo
- 4 Carpet cooperative in Fes or Chefchaouen
- 5 Electric plugs in Morocco
- 6 Recommendations for Houseboat in Chobe
- 7 South Africa planning next Feb/March
- 8 Must sees in Southern Africa
- 9 safari for the mobility impaired
- 10 Jerusalem and the Holy Land
- 11 Kruger National Park with 5 year old
- 12 Car Rental Casablanca Aptil
- 13 Kenya and Tanzaniz combined 13 days Safari
- 14 A couple of quick questions about Israel
- 15 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 16 Family Kenya Safari July 2017
- 17 Proposed Itinerary Israel & Jordan
- 18 Want to take your laptop on the plane?
- 19 Recommendation on where to stay in Durban?
- 20 13 Days Tanzania and Kenya Safari
- 21 Morocco: Do it yourself, or get a tour company?
- 22 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 23 Buying merchandise
- 24 Kenya and Tanzania Tour Companies
- 25 Egypt January-February 2018