Ok, I'm off to Egypt in Novermber to take part in the Cross Egypt Challenge.
Now you're probably asking what the heck is that? Well I'm a scooter rider and this is a 2500 km tour of Egypt by motor scooter. There will be up to 30 of us riding as a group. From Alexandria to Cairo, down thru several oasis and both the White and Black deserts, then over to Luxor, out to the Red Sea coast then up the Red Sea shoreline and back to finish on the Plains of Giza at the Pyramids.
My plan is to arrive in Cairo dinner time on Sunday Nov 3, have Monday and Tuesday in Cairo (what should I do to maximize two days in Cairo) then Wednesday morning take the train up to Alexandria (how to book that?) and be in Alexandria Wednesday and Thursday. I meet up with the start of the scooter adventure around dinner time Thursday. Then the 9 days of riding start on Friday morning.
I'd like to see the Egyptian museum and some of the mosques and other sites of Cairo while I'm there. So.... what can you folks suggest?
Also, specific advice on the train from Cairo to Alexandria, how to book, fare, schedule, etc.
Thanking everybody in advance who can assist.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Affidavit document for sole parent traveling to SA with child
- 2 Morocco vs Turkey
- 3 Two Nights in Tangiers
- 4 Nairobi, where to stay
- 5 Widerness Lodges
- 6 Timbavati or Klaserie Game Lodge Options
- 7 Trip Report: South Africa & Namibia April 28 – May 14
- 8 Help plan African Safari
- 9 Trip Insurance for Africa Trip
- 10 Help planning a first safari on a budget?
- 11 Tipping on Safari
- 12 Cape Town
- 13 THE PANORAMA ROUTE
- 14 Amazing 40th Anniversary Celebration in South Africa
- 15 Cape Town -safety
- 16 NBO Airport Transfer?
- 17 SA itin review
- 18 Botswana safari in late November
- 19 Ferry to Morocco
- 20 Thinking About Africa...Again!
- 21 Dubai (DXB) - New Business Lounges
- 22 Morocco 8 nights Dec trip ideas
- 23 Aug 17 Botswana itinerary help
- 24 Southern Africa, 2 weeks, 10 passport stamps!!
- 25 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit