We will be going to Tanzania, Kenya and Rwanda next July, arriving in Arusha and departing from Nairobi. I have read that the craft shopping is particularly good in Arusha. Can anyone tell me how it compares with Nairobi? Obviously it would make things easier if we waited to buy at the end of our trip, but I'll kick myself if I see things I wanted but didn't buy early on and then couldn't find them when we got to Nairobi. Any shops or markets that are particularly good in either place? Also, are South African crafts (i.e. beaded animals, zulu baskets, etc) available in Arusha or Nairobi? Thanks very much.
Craft Shopping -- Nairobi vs Arusha?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 are recommendation is usuallydon't say very m
- 2 Magnificent wedding in the Masai Mara
- 3 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 4 Zambia Impressions
- 5 Rwanda, Uganda and Tanzania
- 6 Travel Report for Malawi - A Great Place To Relax
- 7 Serengeti Photo Safari - April 2015
- 8 Now is the Time fo Egypt...
- 9 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 10 Comments on Botswana itinerary with Wilderness Travel
- 11 Has anybody used this tour company overmorocco.com?
- 12 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 13 Morocco floods - areas affected
- 14 Dubai first time
- 15 Mauritius September 2015 - Silver Beach Resort or Emeraude Beach Attitude?
- 16 Taste of Dubai
- 17 Don't go to Morrocco!
- 18 Where to spend extra night; Merzouga or Skoura?
- 19 Zanzibar - from a resident's perspective
- 20 Canoe Safari Jan - Feb
- 21 Dubai and/or Oman
- 22 Good travel company to book an 8 day trip to Egypt
- 23 Need advice on which camera lenses for safari
- 24 Morocco Advice
- 25 MOROCCO SOLO