We will be going to Tanzania, Kenya and Rwanda next July, arriving in Arusha and departing from Nairobi. I have read that the craft shopping is particularly good in Arusha. Can anyone tell me how it compares with Nairobi? Obviously it would make things easier if we waited to buy at the end of our trip, but I'll kick myself if I see things I wanted but didn't buy early on and then couldn't find them when we got to Nairobi. Any shops or markets that are particularly good in either place? Also, are South African crafts (i.e. beaded animals, zulu baskets, etc) available in Arusha or Nairobi? Thanks very much.
Craft Shopping -- Nairobi vs Arusha?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Green Season Safari Questions
- 2 Novice Safari question
- 3 Choosing Between Africa Odyssey, Africa Adventure Company, & andBeyond
- 4 Morocco Desert Safari - end of May too hot?
- 5 Dubai - to go or not to go?
- 6 Quick question about Kenya..
- 7 Choosing A Morocco Tour Operator?
- 8 We're going to Jordan and Israel
- 9 Tanzania: Ruaha & Selous in June
- 10 Morocco in April 2014
- 11 need private tour guide for Jordan
- 12 Connect Hemisphere Safaris - BEWARE: Fraudulent, Incompetent
- 13 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 14 South Africa escorted tour - your comments please!
- 15 Proposed Zambia Itinerary Update
- 16 Anyone going to Tanzania soon ?
- 17 Saudi Arabia and Oman?
- 18 Best time to go to South Africa?
- 19 Uganda Travel Planning
- 20 Israel and Jordan
- 21 Tour of Morocco, is this a good one?
- 22 Tel Aviv Special Occasion Restaurant
- 23 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September
- 24 Ethiopia Omo valley tour(March 21-28)- Need a travel partner
- 25 Northern Circuit tour company