We will be going to Tanzania, Kenya and Rwanda next July, arriving in Arusha and departing from Nairobi. I have read that the craft shopping is particularly good in Arusha. Can anyone tell me how it compares with Nairobi? Obviously it would make things easier if we waited to buy at the end of our trip, but I'll kick myself if I see things I wanted but didn't buy early on and then couldn't find them when we got to Nairobi. Any shops or markets that are particularly good in either place? Also, are South African crafts (i.e. beaded animals, zulu baskets, etc) available in Arusha or Nairobi? Thanks very much.
Craft Shopping -- Nairobi vs Arusha?
View all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Highlights and Photos: Self-drive Kenya & Tanzania August 2009
- 2 Questions on 10 day Morocco winter vacation
- 3 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 4 WHERE TO? Botswana? Tanzania? South Africa?
- 5 3 weeks in Uganda - Our Experience
- 6 Botswana Flights to the Kwando camps
- 7 Tanzania, Kili, Camels and Horses
- 8 Homestay Accomodation
- 9 A new Tourism Region - Zambesia
- 10 Selous game reserve
- 11 Morocco with Desert Majesty
- 12 Safari and Beach in June
- 13 Grootberg Lodge & Camp Kipwe in Damaraland, Namibia
- 14 Israel and Jordan as a winter break, Pt. 2
- 15 Group Trip to Israel
- 16 Help with travel plans for Dubai
- 17 south african safari in Nov/Dec
- 18 Predator Safari Njema with the KiliWarriors!
- 19 what is the problem with the Germans in Egypt
- 20 security in Hurghada , Egypt
- 21 Crossing from Israel to Jordan: Need advice and encouragement. And Advice.
- 22 Dubai Airport to cruise terminal
- 23 Exciting places in Dubai??
- 24 Tanzania Itinerary Feedback?
- 25 March 2014 Tanzania Safari - base out of Karatu Village