We leave in 42 days!!
I have spent the last 4 months arranging our first trip to Southern Africa. We had advice from friends which I then researched online. I only discovered this forum after we had had quotes, but it was wonderful to read positive reports about the places that we had chosen to stay at.
Unfortunately we had a string of bad luck booking our camps in Botswana. We were planning to stay at CCAfrica lodges, which we then booked in January, but found that we had just missed getting our booking at Nxabega, so they booked us Xakanaka camp instead. We were booked at Sandibe, but just before we finalised complete payment, we were told that they were overbooked and that CCAfrica had changed our booking to Khwai River Lodge. So with much disappointment along the way, we are now waiting and hoping that the lodges we have will be what we are hoping for!
We leave Australia 17th June- overnight Joburg.
18-20 June Vic Falls Safari Lodge
20-22 Matetsi Water Lodge
22-24 Xakanaka Camp
24-26 Khwai River Lodge
26-30 Capetown. We will be touring with Selwyn -again a happy coincidence - I had seen his website and email-chatted with Selwyn, then found postings on this site from people that had toured with him also. That helped us realise that we were going in the right direction!
1-3 July Tshukudu Game Lodge near Kruger.We have heard wonderful things about this lodge that takes in orphanned animals and then releases them back into the wild. It allows you a closer personalencounter with some of the wildlife we will let you know what it is like when we get back.
We are very excited and certainly counting the days.
Thank you everyone for the helpful information you give so willingly on this forum. It has helped me with packing preparation etc too - wonderful, thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 http://www.supplements4news.com/hydroluxe-serum/
- 2 Jerusalem and the Holy Land
- 3 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 4 Family Kenya Safari July 2017
- 5 Proposed Itinerary Israel & Jordan
- 6 http://healthonlinereviews.com/juvarelle-eye-lift-cream/
- 7 Want to take your laptop on the plane?
- 8 A couple of quick questions about Israel
- 9 Recommendation on where to stay in Durban?
- 10 Itinerary and logistics of Mid April Mrocco solo
- 11 Kenya and Tanzaniz combined 13 days Safari
- 12 13 Days Tanzania and Kenya Safari
- 13 Morocco: Do it yourself, or get a tour company?
- 14 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 15 Buying merchandise
- 16 Kenya and Tanzania Tour Companies
- 17 South Africa planning next Feb/March
- 18 Egypt January-February 2018
- 19 Kruger National Park with 5 year old
- 20 safari for the mobility impaired
- 21 Honeymoon - South Africa
- 22 Morocco first timer around 8 days
- 23 Private tour guide in Marrakech
- 24 Dubai shopping - any tips?
- 25 Need a Car in Nassau?
Countdown...please post how long before you leave for Africa and your itinerary!!!
We leave in 42 days!!