We are leaving to Kenya on November 18th and are excited for our 'trip of a lifetime.' However, we have grown increasingly worried and anxious about news reports about the upcoming constitutional referendum vote on November 21st.
We are scheduled to arrive in Nairobi on November 19th, depart for Amboseli by air on the 20th, then return to Nairobi for our connecting flight to the Masai Mara on the 23rd, and finally we return home through Nairobi on the 27th.
We became worried when we read the latest U.S. State Department warning which stated that transportation and communications may be disrupted. Considering this is the biggest election for the country in 40 years and there have already been violent protests, are we even safe in going? Is there the possibility we might get "stuck" in Kenya for a few days time if transportation is disrupted? Is this a situation that should make us seriously consider cancelling our trip?
We appreciate any thoughts or suggestions on the matter. Thank you in advance!
Concerned about Possible Unrest
- 1 2 weeks in South Africa with teens
- 2 Cross Egypt Challenge and 4 extra days
- 3 Morocco - private tour operators
- 4 Morocco . . . Rough Around the Edges
- 5 6 nights in Morocco - how long to spend in marrakech and fes each?
- 6 Our best trip ever - in Morocco
- 7 TRIP REPORT: Northern Tanzania with a Birding Twist 2/13
- 8 Experience with Journey Beyond Travel or Sahara Services in Morocco?
- 9 Budget Safari options in Botswana?
- 10 Yellow Fevor innoculation revisited
- 11 Morocco Tour Operators: Morocco Expert Tours
- 12 Mozambique 1 - 13 June 2013.
- 13 Tanzania Feb 2013 -- my first but not last safari!
- 14 Most Romantic Places in Marrakech or Essaouira?
- 15 Help with Zambia itinerary? Victoria's Fall, South Luwangha NP
- 16 Africa Safari
- 17 Questions re Gorillas in Rwanda and money in both Rwanda and Tanzania
- 18 Kruger Park trip
- 19 First time in Zimbawbe, SA, Safari, etc. Really need your help.
- 20 Exclusie use vehicles at Mala Mala and Londolozi
- 21 phone service
- 22 how to join a Kenya safari once in country
- 23 Qatar - Doha my photos
- 24 The Grace Hotel (Johannesburg) is closing
- 25 Kenya + Ngorongoro or Serengeti?