We are starting with two days in Windhoek about the 3rd week in June next year, then driving to Sossusvlei/Swakupmond/lower Skeleton Coast/Etosha, then a small plane to Livingstone - about 3 weeks in all. I want to travel as lightly as possible, but I get cold easily. Would a long-sleeve shirt, fleece pullover, and Goretex rain jacket be enough on cold mornings? Hat and gloves, of course. It looks like it can get warm in the afternoon - should we take pants with the zip-off legs? My 15-year-old is into black and all our Goretex tends towards deep (not bright) green. I read a post that said you don't really have to worry about color as long as it's not white or really bright. Do most people agree with this? Are good leather walking shoes (just ankle high) ok? Do all the camps do laundry? Any suggestions? Thanks
Clothes for Namibia/Zambia late June
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 first time family safari in August 2014
- 2 BOTSWANA - Maun (Okavango) to Chobe - 4x4 self drive...
- 3 Memory cards for camera
- 4 Self Drive SA, Botswana, Zimbabwe - help, 4x4 hire/border restrictions
- 5 Cape Town Safety?
- 6 First Time in Israel Tour Suggestions
- 7 Sabi Sands camps
- 8 Questions on 10 day Morocco winter vacation
- 9 London to Tel aviv What to expect at BG /Trans to Tel aviv / booking.com
- 10 place to sleep near airport for a 6 hour layover .. switching airports
- 11 Help with Rwanda trip
- 12 History Of Mount Kilimanjaro
- 13 Have you been to East Africa ?Ethiopia?
- 14 Tel Aviv beaches
- 15 trip report, morocco
- 16 Marrakech to Fes by bus
- 17 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September
- 18 Generic malarone now availbale in Canada
- 19 Morocco for 2 nights
- 20 Maldives, Seychelles or Mauritius??
- 21 Hotels in Nairobi
- 22 Who Plans and Packs for Your Bucket List Travel (Safari)
- 23 Rwanda trip report
- 24 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)
- 25 A Couple of Questions Regarding My Itinerary