We are starting with two days in Windhoek about the 3rd week in June next year, then driving to Sossusvlei/Swakupmond/lower Skeleton Coast/Etosha, then a small plane to Livingstone - about 3 weeks in all. I want to travel as lightly as possible, but I get cold easily. Would a long-sleeve shirt, fleece pullover, and Goretex rain jacket be enough on cold mornings? Hat and gloves, of course. It looks like it can get warm in the afternoon - should we take pants with the zip-off legs? My 15-year-old is into black and all our Goretex tends towards deep (not bright) green. I read a post that said you don't really have to worry about color as long as it's not white or really bright. Do most people agree with this? Are good leather walking shoes (just ankle high) ok? Do all the camps do laundry? Any suggestions? Thanks
Clothes for Namibia/Zambia late June
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 What is the must do bucketlist on everyone for Kenya in 2015?How safe?
- 2 3-week tour at Egypt
- 3 Pilanesberg or Kruger? Please comment on my itinerary!
- 4 Morocco floods - areas affected
- 5 Good reads
- 6 Need suggestions for solo trip (2-3 weeks, next May)
- 7 Where to spend extra night; Merzouga or Skoura?
- 8 South Africa in February?
- 9 Morocco Advice
- 10 Dubai and where else for one week?
- 11 Kenya Multi-Day Safari Trip Report
- 12 Gate1 discovery tours to Israel
- 13 tanzania serengeti northern circuit self drive
- 14 Advice For Morocco Desert Tours and camel trekking For 4 Night
- 15 Beirut
- 16 Travel Agent in DC: Seeking Reviews
- 17 Wild Dogs (Lycaon pictus) seen in Samburu Kenya
- 18 Need advice on which camera lenses for safari
- 19 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 20 Mashatu, Kgalagadi to Caprivi and a Moremi mobile with Masson Safaris
- 21 5/6 day trip in Morocco. Tips for itinerary and mode of travel
- 22 Good travel company to book an 8 day trip to Egypt
- 23 Guide for Serengeti Wildebeest Migration Jan 2015
- 24 I'm going on safari for free!
- 25 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013