We are starting with two days in Windhoek about the 3rd week in June next year, then driving to Sossusvlei/Swakupmond/lower Skeleton Coast/Etosha, then a small plane to Livingstone - about 3 weeks in all. I want to travel as lightly as possible, but I get cold easily. Would a long-sleeve shirt, fleece pullover, and Goretex rain jacket be enough on cold mornings? Hat and gloves, of course. It looks like it can get warm in the afternoon - should we take pants with the zip-off legs? My 15-year-old is into black and all our Goretex tends towards deep (not bright) green. I read a post that said you don't really have to worry about color as long as it's not white or really bright. Do most people agree with this? Are good leather walking shoes (just ankle high) ok? Do all the camps do laundry? Any suggestions? Thanks
Clothes for Namibia/Zambia late June
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Skywards voucher - Dubai airport
- 2 Question about UK outlet adapters & taps
- 3 Johannesburg
- 4 Need to Chose Camp in Botswana ASAP!
- 5 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)
- 6 Rental cars in Cape Town
- 7 Back from 26 Days in the Falkland Islands - Happy to answer any questions
- 8 Transiting through Cairo
- 9 Help: 4 days, 3 nights in (or our of) Johannesburg
- 10 South Africa in February?
- 11 Info for those considering gorilla trekking in Rwanda
- 12 KwaZulu Natal and Kruger - sort of a Trip Report
- 13 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 14 Trip Insurance - a must?
- 15 Car Rentals in Israel
- 16 Dubai for New Years Eve - Fireworks, Itinerary
- 17 Who to Choose? Africa Serendipity, Rothschild Safari or ATR?
- 18 Morocco to portugal
- 19 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 20 Terrorism, Ebola - no more please
- 21 Uganda or Rwanda 2015
- 22 Independence Day in Israel
- 23 Drinking on safari
- 24 Fodor's 100 Hotel Award Winners
- 25 Travelust