We are starting with two days in Windhoek about the 3rd week in June next year, then driving to Sossusvlei/Swakupmond/lower Skeleton Coast/Etosha, then a small plane to Livingstone - about 3 weeks in all. I want to travel as lightly as possible, but I get cold easily. Would a long-sleeve shirt, fleece pullover, and Goretex rain jacket be enough on cold mornings? Hat and gloves, of course. It looks like it can get warm in the afternoon - should we take pants with the zip-off legs? My 15-year-old is into black and all our Goretex tends towards deep (not bright) green. I read a post that said you don't really have to worry about color as long as it's not white or really bright. Do most people agree with this? Are good leather walking shoes (just ankle high) ok? Do all the camps do laundry? Any suggestions? Thanks
Clothes for Namibia/Zambia late June
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Short stop in Dubai on our way to Bangkok for a few days
- 2 South Africa escorted tour - your comments please!
- 3 Green Season Safari Questions
- 4 need private tour guide for Jordan
- 5 Tanzania: Ruaha & Selous in June
- 6 Hotels in Nairobi
- 7 Novice Safari question
- 8 Choosing Between Africa Odyssey, Africa Adventure Company, & andBeyond
- 9 Morocco Desert Safari - end of May too hot?
- 10 Dubai - to go or not to go?
- 11 Quick question about Kenya..
- 12 Choosing A Morocco Tour Operator?
- 13 We're going to Jordan and Israel
- 14 Morocco in April 2014
- 15 Connect Hemisphere Safaris - BEWARE: Fraudulent, Incompetent
- 16 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 17 Proposed Zambia Itinerary Update
- 18 Anyone going to Tanzania soon ?
- 19 Saudi Arabia and Oman?
- 20 Best time to go to South Africa?
- 21 Uganda Travel Planning
- 22 Israel and Jordan
- 23 Tour of Morocco, is this a good one?
- 24 Tel Aviv Special Occasion Restaurant
- 25 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September