We are starting with two days in Windhoek about the 3rd week in June next year, then driving to Sossusvlei/Swakupmond/lower Skeleton Coast/Etosha, then a small plane to Livingstone - about 3 weeks in all. I want to travel as lightly as possible, but I get cold easily. Would a long-sleeve shirt, fleece pullover, and Goretex rain jacket be enough on cold mornings? Hat and gloves, of course. It looks like it can get warm in the afternoon - should we take pants with the zip-off legs? My 15-year-old is into black and all our Goretex tends towards deep (not bright) green. I read a post that said you don't really have to worry about color as long as it's not white or really bright. Do most people agree with this? Are good leather walking shoes (just ankle high) ok? Do all the camps do laundry? Any suggestions? Thanks
Clothes for Namibia/Zambia late June
View all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 My trip to Egypt .....
- 2 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 3 Back from our self-drive in the northern circuit
- 4 Botswana Flights to the Kwando camps
- 5 Questions on 10 day Morocco winter vacation
- 6 WHERE TO? Botswana? Tanzania? South Africa?
- 7 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 8 Clothes in Uganda
- 9 Visit Gorilas in Uganda
- 10 Highlights and Photos: Self-drive Kenya & Tanzania August 2009
- 11 3 weeks in Uganda - Our Experience
- 12 Tanzania, Kili, Camels and Horses
- 13 Homestay Accomodation
- 14 A new Tourism Region - Zambesia
- 15 Selous game reserve
- 16 Morocco with Desert Majesty
- 17 Safari and Beach in June
- 18 Grootberg Lodge & Camp Kipwe in Damaraland, Namibia
- 19 Israel and Jordan as a winter break, Pt. 2
- 20 Group Trip to Israel
- 21 Help with travel plans for Dubai
- 22 south african safari in Nov/Dec
- 23 Predator Safari Njema with the KiliWarriors!
- 24 Crossing from Israel to Jordan: Need advice and encouragement. And Advice.
- 25 Dubai Airport to cruise terminal