I'm considering to travel for a month to Africa during this winter, and the choise is between
(I've been in the past to other places west, south, east of Africa).
I understand that each country is definately interesting, has distinct identity, and comparisons are difficult.
I'll try to make it in backpacking way, so, no luxuries... and hope that backpackers are welcomed there...
Costs, security and weather are key factors
Maybe you could give from your experiences some advise about choosing one of these two destinations?
Hoping it is possible to have an enjoyable trip despite travelling in low cost...
Thanks for helping me to make some choises!!!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 TRIP REPORT – 5 fantastic weeks in South Africa, Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe) and Mauritius
- 2 casablanca airport taxis
- 3 Is it Possible to Buy Advance Tickets to the Hassan 2 Mosque?
- 4 Keep watching the news and DON'T believe my trip report
- 5 Now is a GREAT time to visit Egypt! (Trip Report)
- 6 Insect Repellent
- 7 Marrakech, Demnate, Essaouira on slow
- 8 First Attempt South Africa Itinerary - Advice Please
- 9 Feedback on Victoria Falls visit please
- 10 Which Would you Recommend as an Outdoor Day trip from Marrakech?-Imlil or Cascades d'Ouzod
- 11 Tiberias with kids
- 12 Lion World
- 13 Advice, please: Addo Elephant Park to Cape Town AIrport on Garden Route
- 14 East Africa Safari 1st Time- Summer 2016
- 15 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda
- 16 Israel in April - itinerary help
- 17 Kgalagadi Transfrontier NP
- 18 Mpumalanga visit
- 19 safe areas to go on safari
- 20 Rabat opinion and prices in Rabat + video
- 21 Trip to Kenya in August 2016
- 22 Okavango and Kalahari in December
- 23 Victoria Falls
- 24 WOMEN DRIVING IN SA
- 25 2015: South Africa for a fortnight
Choosing between Ethiopia or Togo-Ghana for backpacking trip!