my wife and i are planning to go to tanzania and/or keyna for 2 to 3 weeks in the fall. we saw A&K's 'Wings over the Migration' tour but the price was $9100/pp and i would like to spend a fair amount less. also, my wife has a bad back and, when we get off paved roads, needs to lie down in bumpy moving vehicles. we thought we would fly between locations, but are worried about the transportation at camps as well as getting to the camps from airports. we would appreciate feedback about: 1) whether she would be able to lie down in the back seat of the private and camp vehicles while we are moving, 2) how bumpy is it, 3) i have seen a couple of suggested tour operators, such as Roy, TSA and OAT, but haven't seen web addresses for them - can someone provide them? 4) we would really like to see the migration but am not sure the best time to see it, 5) i have trouble with temperatures above 85 degrees F - how does this affect where we go or when we go? thanks,
choosing a tour operator
View all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Botswana Flights to the Kwando camps
- 2 Highlights and Photos: Self-drive Kenya & Tanzania August 2009
- 3 Questions on 10 day Morocco winter vacation
- 4 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 5 WHERE TO? Botswana? Tanzania? South Africa?
- 6 3 weeks in Uganda - Our Experience
- 7 Tanzania, Kili, Camels and Horses
- 8 Homestay Accomodation
- 9 A new Tourism Region - Zambesia
- 10 Selous game reserve
- 11 Morocco with Desert Majesty
- 12 Safari and Beach in June
- 13 Grootberg Lodge & Camp Kipwe in Damaraland, Namibia
- 14 Israel and Jordan as a winter break, Pt. 2
- 15 Group Trip to Israel
- 16 Help with travel plans for Dubai
- 17 south african safari in Nov/Dec
- 18 Predator Safari Njema with the KiliWarriors!
- 19 what is the problem with the Germans in Egypt
- 20 security in Hurghada , Egypt
- 21 Crossing from Israel to Jordan: Need advice and encouragement. And Advice.
- 22 Dubai Airport to cruise terminal
- 23 Exciting places in Dubai??
- 24 Tanzania Itinerary Feedback?
- 25 March 2014 Tanzania Safari - base out of Karatu Village