my wife and i are planning to go to tanzania and/or keyna for 2 to 3 weeks in the fall. we saw A&K's 'Wings over the Migration' tour but the price was $9100/pp and i would like to spend a fair amount less. also, my wife has a bad back and, when we get off paved roads, needs to lie down in bumpy moving vehicles. we thought we would fly between locations, but are worried about the transportation at camps as well as getting to the camps from airports. we would appreciate feedback about: 1) whether she would be able to lie down in the back seat of the private and camp vehicles while we are moving, 2) how bumpy is it, 3) i have seen a couple of suggested tour operators, such as Roy, TSA and OAT, but haven't seen web addresses for them - can someone provide them? 4) we would really like to see the migration but am not sure the best time to see it, 5) i have trouble with temperatures above 85 degrees F - how does this affect where we go or when we go? thanks,
choosing a tour operator
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Looking for out of the way places
- 2 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 3 Help: 4 days, 3 nights in (or our of) Johannesburg
- 4 February vs March in Tanzania - Dueling Trip Reports
- 5 Tanzania Safari
- 6 Kenya and Tanzania Trip Planning Help
- 7 Sabi Sands camps
- 8 AHLA Tanzania Mt. Kilimanjaro & Safari 4 days
- 9 Maldives, Seychelles or Mauritius??
- 10 trip report, morocco
- 11 Photos from Sept 2013 Safari to Uganda
- 12 Seeking Itinerary Routing for 3 week SA Trip
- 13 16 Days in South Africa (Victoria Falls, Zimbawe & Botswana)
- 14 First Time in Israel Tour Suggestions
- 15 East Africa summer 2014
- 16 Cape Town Safety?
- 17 first time family safari in August 2014
- 18 BOTSWANA - Maun (Okavango) to Chobe - 4x4 self drive...
- 19 Memory cards for camera
- 20 Self Drive SA, Botswana, Zimbabwe - help, 4x4 hire/border restrictions
- 21 Questions on 10 day Morocco winter vacation
- 22 London to Tel aviv What to expect at BG /Trans to Tel aviv / booking.com
- 23 place to sleep near airport for a 6 hour layover .. switching airports
- 24 Help with Rwanda trip
- 25 Have you been to East Africa ?Ethiopia?