I was wondering if any experienced travelers can give me advice? My fiance and I are getting married in Mauritius in a few weeks, and I just learned of the Chikungunya Fever outbreak that is spreading to the area (a recent article I read says that there have been two confirmed cases on Mauritius).
I'm just sick over this because we've been planning this wedding for months, everything has been organized and paid for, and we really don't know what to do. We will take all the recommended precautions, but I don't want to spend the entire trip worrying that we may get sick.
Does anyone have any advice to offer? I'm not sure if I'm just being paranoid or if this is truly a serious threat. Any information that anyone has would be very helpful!
Chikungunya in Mauritius
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Looking for out of the way places
- 2 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 3 Help: 4 days, 3 nights in (or our of) Johannesburg
- 4 February vs March in Tanzania - Dueling Trip Reports
- 5 Tanzania Safari
- 6 Kenya and Tanzania Trip Planning Help
- 7 Sabi Sands camps
- 8 AHLA Tanzania Mt. Kilimanjaro & Safari 4 days
- 9 Maldives, Seychelles or Mauritius??
- 10 trip report, morocco
- 11 Photos from Sept 2013 Safari to Uganda
- 12 Seeking Itinerary Routing for 3 week SA Trip
- 13 16 Days in South Africa (Victoria Falls, Zimbawe & Botswana)
- 14 First Time in Israel Tour Suggestions
- 15 East Africa summer 2014
- 16 Cape Town Safety?
- 17 first time family safari in August 2014
- 18 BOTSWANA - Maun (Okavango) to Chobe - 4x4 self drive...
- 19 Memory cards for camera
- 20 Self Drive SA, Botswana, Zimbabwe - help, 4x4 hire/border restrictions
- 21 Questions on 10 day Morocco winter vacation
- 22 London to Tel aviv What to expect at BG /Trans to Tel aviv / booking.com
- 23 place to sleep near airport for a 6 hour layover .. switching airports
- 24 Help with Rwanda trip
- 25 Have you been to East Africa ?Ethiopia?