I was wondering if any experienced travelers can give me advice? My fiance and I are getting married in Mauritius in a few weeks, and I just learned of the Chikungunya Fever outbreak that is spreading to the area (a recent article I read says that there have been two confirmed cases on Mauritius).
I'm just sick over this because we've been planning this wedding for months, everything has been organized and paid for, and we really don't know what to do. We will take all the recommended precautions, but I don't want to spend the entire trip worrying that we may get sick.
Does anyone have any advice to offer? I'm not sure if I'm just being paranoid or if this is truly a serious threat. Any information that anyone has would be very helpful!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Planning my last day in Morocco
- 2 Help with Flight Option: CMN or RAK
- 3 First time safari advice and awkward question
- 4 Beware: Ewamanns Safaris is a scam!
- 5 South African Cities
- 6 Ethiopian Holidays You Should Not Miss
- 7 Best Wineries - 2-3 days in Franschhoek and Stellenbosch
- 8 Tentative Itinerary - what do you think?
- 9 First Time Safari Help...Use a tour or not?
- 10 Help with bags
- 11 Royal Air Maroc Dreamliner JFK-CMN and maybe connect to RAK
- 12 4 DAYS IN MOROCCO- AGADIR OR ESSAOUIRA??
- 13 MOROCCO FOR 10 DAYS
- 14 Morocco 6 days Itinerary..Need Help
- 15 Egypt Quickie Trip
- 16 where to go in africa
- 17 Israeli Tour Guides
- 18 Shopping in Morocco
- 19 Need 2-3 others to join Serengeti safari January 9-15, 2017
- 20 Weekend trip to a Middle Eastern City
- 21 HELP! 20+ days in Africa - First time ever trip
- 22 Tanzanian Safari, trip report
- 23 Chimps, Gorillas and Camels- a Tale of Three Countries
- 24 car hire from La Possession
- 25 Yellow Fever, visiting Tanzania