I was wondering if any experienced travelers can give me advice? My fiance and I are getting married in Mauritius in a few weeks, and I just learned of the Chikungunya Fever outbreak that is spreading to the area (a recent article I read says that there have been two confirmed cases on Mauritius).
I'm just sick over this because we've been planning this wedding for months, everything has been organized and paid for, and we really don't know what to do. We will take all the recommended precautions, but I don't want to spend the entire trip worrying that we may get sick.
Does anyone have any advice to offer? I'm not sure if I'm just being paranoid or if this is truly a serious threat. Any information that anyone has would be very helpful!
Chikungunya in Mauritius
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Hotels in Nairobi
- 2 Dubai - to go or not to go?
- 3 South Africa escorted tour - your comments please!
- 4 Uganda Travel Planning
- 5 Short stop in Dubai on our way to Bangkok for a few days
- 6 We're going to Jordan and Israel
- 7 need private tour guide for Jordan
- 8 Kenya Safari: Ngerende Island Lodge, Mara Bushtops, or Porini Camps?
- 9 Tanzania: Ruaha & Selous in June
- 10 Green Season Safari Questions
- 11 Novice Safari question
- 12 Choosing Between Africa Odyssey, Africa Adventure Company, & andBeyond
- 13 Morocco Desert Safari - end of May too hot?
- 14 Quick question about Kenya..
- 15 Choosing A Morocco Tour Operator?
- 16 Morocco in April 2014
- 17 Connect Hemisphere Safaris - BEWARE: Fraudulent, Incompetent
- 18 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 19 Proposed Zambia Itinerary Update
- 20 Anyone going to Tanzania soon ?
- 21 Saudi Arabia and Oman?
- 22 Best time to go to South Africa?
- 23 Israel and Jordan
- 24 Tour of Morocco, is this a good one?
- 25 Tel Aviv Special Occasion Restaurant