I was wondering if any experienced travelers can give me advice? My fiance and I are getting married in Mauritius in a few weeks, and I just learned of the Chikungunya Fever outbreak that is spreading to the area (a recent article I read says that there have been two confirmed cases on Mauritius).
I'm just sick over this because we've been planning this wedding for months, everything has been organized and paid for, and we really don't know what to do. We will take all the recommended precautions, but I don't want to spend the entire trip worrying that we may get sick.
Does anyone have any advice to offer? I'm not sure if I'm just being paranoid or if this is truly a serious threat. Any information that anyone has would be very helpful!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 FABULOUS trip! Wanted to share recommendations
- 2 Advice on private tour Morocco
- 3 St Lucia area & Drakensberg rock art
- 4 Southern Africa or Tanzania/Kenya for August 2018 Family Trip
- 5 Need help planning Namibia Trip!
- 6 Family4Travels to Israel & Petra -matzos, mezze and Menachem!!
- 7 Gamewatchers are great for helping plan
- 8 Stonetown versus Shimba Hills
- 9 4h transit dubai visit center ?
- 10 transit facilities for 14 hours in Dubai Terminal 2
- 11 Best books to read before Morocco visit? (not guide books)
- 12 Tipping guide & driver in israel???
- 13 Shimba Hills Mombasa Kenya Would This Works As A Day Trip From A Cruise?
- 14 Trip Report Kenya 9 Days With Family
- 15 Cairo International Airport
- 16 Petra from Israel
- 17 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 18 Trip Report: Tanzania, Kenya & Zanzibar with MICATO May /June 2006
- 19 4th Safari with Warrior Trails in 2016
- 20 Lady Liuwa no more !!
- 21 Women's wear for Dubai?
- 22 Dubai Guide
- 23 Solo/female/40's US traveler req tour operator recommendations
- 24 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda
- 25 Cape Town/ Wineland Tour