I was wondering if any experienced travelers can give me advice? My fiance and I are getting married in Mauritius in a few weeks, and I just learned of the Chikungunya Fever outbreak that is spreading to the area (a recent article I read says that there have been two confirmed cases on Mauritius).
I'm just sick over this because we've been planning this wedding for months, everything has been organized and paid for, and we really don't know what to do. We will take all the recommended precautions, but I don't want to spend the entire trip worrying that we may get sick.
Does anyone have any advice to offer? I'm not sure if I'm just being paranoid or if this is truly a serious threat. Any information that anyone has would be very helpful!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Luggage restrictions-Kenya? Diani Beach?
- 2 Kruger/sabi sands reserve Vs. Botswana
- 3 Morocco over Christmas
- 4 Has anyone been to Zanzibar and got tips?
- 5 Uganda, Rwanda, and Zanzibar-Brief Trip Report
- 6 2 Months in Ethiopia - My Experience
- 7 Cape Town + safari itinerary
- 8 Namibia.It has suddenly dawned on me.
- 9 Last-minute South Africa advice?
- 10 Itinerary Feedback: Kruger, Chobe, Victoria Falls, & Maasai Mara
- 11 DOHA LAYOVER
- 12 OR Tambo to Arathusa: Fly or Drive
- 13 Morocco Questions
- 14 Egypt Quickie Trip
- 15 Botswana safari recs
- 16 Tanzania vs. Botswana
- 17 Safe to Travel to Morocco
- 18 Amazing 40th Anniversary Celebration in South Africa
- 19 Swartberg Pass or not?
- 20 Botswana in January
- 21 FloShuttle. from Ben Gurion airport
- 22 Help please! Port Elizabeth/Addo Elephant
- 23 Activities to Keep the Kids Entertained in Dubai
- 24 Rhino Africa - Reviews
- 25 Help me plan a family safari for three generations!