I was wondering if any experienced travelers can give me advice? My fiance and I are getting married in Mauritius in a few weeks, and I just learned of the Chikungunya Fever outbreak that is spreading to the area (a recent article I read says that there have been two confirmed cases on Mauritius).
I'm just sick over this because we've been planning this wedding for months, everything has been organized and paid for, and we really don't know what to do. We will take all the recommended precautions, but I don't want to spend the entire trip worrying that we may get sick.
Does anyone have any advice to offer? I'm not sure if I'm just being paranoid or if this is truly a serious threat. Any information that anyone has would be very helpful!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 HP@ Printer Set-up CONTACT ☎ 1:888:482:3831 Technical SUPP0RT CAre 24x7
- 2 Trip Report: Tanzania Northern Circuit Safari with Earthlife Expeditions
- 3 What is the best Internet Service Provider in Cairo, Egypt?
- 4 Safari Goers, I Need Your Expertise!
- 5 An Ugandan Urge- Gorillas & Chimps in the midst
- 6 Our Magic Carpet Ride-Marrakesh!
- 7 Where do I even start planning my SA safari?
- 8 Itinerary Ideas
- 9 Tanzania Itinerary help
- 10 planning first safari to Tanzania ... feeling overwhelmed
- 11 Help with Israel Trip (First Timers): Some Basic Questions
- 12 Tel Aviv-Haifa: gifts and presents. Any ideas?
- 13 Narrowing down my 10 day itinerary
- 14 Kenya/Tanzania
- 15 Dubai first time
- 16 2 nights in Dubai
- 17 16 hours in Qatar
- 18 Petra from Israel
- 19 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 20 A South African in Lusaka
- 21 Packing for trip to Tanzania
- 22 Need tour operator for Tanzania and Kenya
- 23 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 24 RETURN TO BOTSWANA, PLUS JOHANNESBURG, 2017
- 25 Babies Galore: Kenya in April