I was wondering if any experienced travelers can give me advice? My fiance and I are getting married in Mauritius in a few weeks, and I just learned of the Chikungunya Fever outbreak that is spreading to the area (a recent article I read says that there have been two confirmed cases on Mauritius).
I'm just sick over this because we've been planning this wedding for months, everything has been organized and paid for, and we really don't know what to do. We will take all the recommended precautions, but I don't want to spend the entire trip worrying that we may get sick.
Does anyone have any advice to offer? I'm not sure if I'm just being paranoid or if this is truly a serious threat. Any information that anyone has would be very helpful!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 http://naturalfitnesspoint.com/androbeast/
- 2 A couple of quick questions about Israel
- 3 Kruger National Park with 5 year old
- 4 South Africa planning next Feb/March
- 5 Jerusalem and the Holy Land
- 6 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 7 Family Kenya Safari July 2017
- 8 Proposed Itinerary Israel & Jordan
- 9 Want to take your laptop on the plane?
- 10 Recommendation on where to stay in Durban?
- 11 Itinerary and logistics of Mid April Mrocco solo
- 12 Kenya and Tanzaniz combined 13 days Safari
- 13 13 Days Tanzania and Kenya Safari
- 14 Morocco: Do it yourself, or get a tour company?
- 15 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 16 Buying merchandise
- 17 Kenya and Tanzania Tour Companies
- 18 Egypt January-February 2018
- 19 safari for the mobility impaired
- 20 Honeymoon - South Africa
- 21 Morocco first timer around 8 days
- 22 Private tour guide in Marrakech
- 23 Dubai shopping - any tips?
- 24 Need a Car in Nassau?
- 25 Dining in Cape Town