I was wondering if any experienced travelers can give me advice? My fiance and I are getting married in Mauritius in a few weeks, and I just learned of the Chikungunya Fever outbreak that is spreading to the area (a recent article I read says that there have been two confirmed cases on Mauritius).
I'm just sick over this because we've been planning this wedding for months, everything has been organized and paid for, and we really don't know what to do. We will take all the recommended precautions, but I don't want to spend the entire trip worrying that we may get sick.
Does anyone have any advice to offer? I'm not sure if I'm just being paranoid or if this is truly a serious threat. Any information that anyone has would be very helpful!
Chikungunya in Mauritius
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 South Africa in February?
- 2 A month in Africa - how to spend the time
- 3 best camera for semi-novice for safari in tanzania & kenya (nikon p500)
- 4 Where to go after visit to Uganda in late March/early April
- 5 Egypt: Suggestions for what to do afternoon around Giza
- 6 Riad Saturday Night vs. Riad Dar El Janoub
- 7 Dubai first time
- 8 Now is the Time fo Egypt...
- 9 Rwanda, Uganda and Tanzania
- 10 Zambia Impressions
- 11 Taste of Dubai
- 12 Morocco floods - areas affected
- 13 Zanzibar - from a resident's perspective
- 14 Magnificent wedding in the Masai Mara
- 15 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 16 Travel Report for Malawi - A Great Place To Relax
- 17 Serengeti Photo Safari - April 2015
- 18 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 19 Comments on Botswana itinerary with Wilderness Travel
- 20 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 21 Mauritius September 2015 - Silver Beach Resort or Emeraude Beach Attitude?
- 22 Don't go to Morrocco!
- 23 Where to spend extra night; Merzouga or Skoura?
- 24 Canoe Safari Jan - Feb
- 25 Dubai and/or Oman