I was wondering if any experienced travelers can give me advice? My fiance and I are getting married in Mauritius in a few weeks, and I just learned of the Chikungunya Fever outbreak that is spreading to the area (a recent article I read says that there have been two confirmed cases on Mauritius).
I'm just sick over this because we've been planning this wedding for months, everything has been organized and paid for, and we really don't know what to do. We will take all the recommended precautions, but I don't want to spend the entire trip worrying that we may get sick.
Does anyone have any advice to offer? I'm not sure if I'm just being paranoid or if this is truly a serious threat. Any information that anyone has would be very helpful!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 해외사설사이트【 SCB 3 3、CＯM - 코드: 8282 】№안전한놀이터추천
- 2 Morocco help
- 3 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 4 Morocco 6 days Itinerary..Need Help
- 5 Kenya Safari Tour Operator Recommendations
- 6 Israel Transportation
- 7 3 day desert tour: Marrakech to Merzouga
- 8 Driving Distance from Kalahari Tented Camp to Western Etosha NP
- 9 IRAN
- 10 First trip to Africa
- 11 Money in Uganda
- 12 Uganda Visa
- 13 accomodation near Mata Mata Border post
- 14 Egypt- Dec Itinerary-help needed
- 15 Private Guide for Cairo
- 16 Egypt - Need Help!
- 17 Attractions in Cairo and around
- 18 CASABLANCA for 1 Day
- 19 Trip report about self-driving in Northern Namibia for 2 weeks in May 2014
- 20 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 21 Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- 22 upcoming Africa trip ... gift ideas needed?
- 23 Trying to contact Rabbi Jay Karzen, Jerusalem
- 24 South Africa/Safari/12 days in May
- 25 Is Egypt OK to visit now with family ?