I was wondering if any experienced travelers can give me advice? My fiance and I are getting married in Mauritius in a few weeks, and I just learned of the Chikungunya Fever outbreak that is spreading to the area (a recent article I read says that there have been two confirmed cases on Mauritius).
I'm just sick over this because we've been planning this wedding for months, everything has been organized and paid for, and we really don't know what to do. We will take all the recommended precautions, but I don't want to spend the entire trip worrying that we may get sick.
Does anyone have any advice to offer? I'm not sure if I'm just being paranoid or if this is truly a serious threat. Any information that anyone has would be very helpful!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 South Africa trip report
- 2 Marrakesh - Expenses
- 3 Can gay people travel safely in Morocco?
- 4 March Trip to South Africa -- Need Quick Guidance Please!
- 5 Morocco Trip End of April - itinerary help please!
- 6 First time Safari - any comments on Wild Wings/Taga Safari companies?
- 7 Mombasa recomendations please
- 8 Private tours in Morocco
- 9 Kings Pool vs. Duma Tau
- 10 Hotels for Victoria falls
- 11 First time to Africa-need help!
- 12 How do I know if a company is legit
- 13 Point and Shoot camera for a Kenyan Safari
- 14 Question about Yellow Fever certificate
- 15 The Heat and Dust of Kafue & the Busanga Plains
- 16 Has anyone used this company in Uganda
- 17 Jewish tour Casablanca
- 18 Kenyan Safari Spending Money
- 19 Ethiopian security
- 20 Duffel Bag Suggestions?
- 21 Eyes on Africa Safari Recommendations???
- 22 morocco
- 23 Morocco 10 days - plz review
- 24 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 25 Is an Iranian visa a problem when entering Israel?