We're getting squeezed now by our TO for extra money for an itinerary they already priced months ago. Shidolya quoted a price of about $11,000 for my wife and I to do a private 12 night safari: 2 nights at Ngorongoro Serena, 4 nights at Kungwe Beach lodge at Mahale, 3 nights at Serengeti (2 at Serena, 1 at Mbuzi Mawe), and 3 nights at Whistling Thorne in Tarangire. Now they want an additional $770 per person! We just talked by phone and they way they made some mistakes in their pricing. We're really upset at these last minute changes. We've already made a $3,000 deposit. It's late to change TO's (we leave on 10/13 and our safari starts 10/22), and I'm afraid of losing our deposit. We really wanted to use an African company, but these changes are completely bogus. Any advice?
Change Tour Operators at Last Minute?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 A month in Africa - how to spend the time
- 2 Guide for Serengeti Wildebeest Migration Jan 2015
- 3 South Africa in February?
- 4 best camera for semi-novice for safari in tanzania & kenya (nikon p500)
- 5 Where to go after visit to Uganda in late March/early April
- 6 Egypt: Suggestions for what to do afternoon around Giza
- 7 Riad Saturday Night vs. Riad Dar El Janoub
- 8 Dubai first time
- 9 Now is the Time fo Egypt...
- 10 Rwanda, Uganda and Tanzania
- 11 Zambia Impressions
- 12 Taste of Dubai
- 13 Morocco floods - areas affected
- 14 Zanzibar - from a resident's perspective
- 15 Magnificent wedding in the Masai Mara
- 16 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 17 Travel Report for Malawi - A Great Place To Relax
- 18 Serengeti Photo Safari - April 2015
- 19 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 20 Comments on Botswana itinerary with Wilderness Travel
- 21 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 22 Mauritius September 2015 - Silver Beach Resort or Emeraude Beach Attitude?
- 23 Don't go to Morrocco!
- 24 Where to spend extra night; Merzouga or Skoura?
- 25 Canoe Safari Jan - Feb