We're getting squeezed now by our TO for extra money for an itinerary they already priced months ago. Shidolya quoted a price of about $11,000 for my wife and I to do a private 12 night safari: 2 nights at Ngorongoro Serena, 4 nights at Kungwe Beach lodge at Mahale, 3 nights at Serengeti (2 at Serena, 1 at Mbuzi Mawe), and 3 nights at Whistling Thorne in Tarangire. Now they want an additional $770 per person! We just talked by phone and they way they made some mistakes in their pricing. We're really upset at these last minute changes. We've already made a $3,000 deposit. It's late to change TO's (we leave on 10/13 and our safari starts 10/22), and I'm afraid of losing our deposit. We really wanted to use an African company, but these changes are completely bogus. Any advice?
Change Tour Operators at Last Minute?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Drinking on safari
- 2 Okavango Delta - how to see it without breaking the bank?
- 3 Terrorism, Ebola - no more please
- 4 Shots for Morocco
- 5 South Africa - travel from Bloemfontein via Karoo to Stellenbosch
- 6 South Africa - Cape wine lands - Suggestions organized wine tasting tour
- 7 Travelust
- 8 Who to Choose? Africa Serendipity, Rothschild Safari or ATR?
- 9 Southern Africa trip - 5 weeks April / May 2015 starting in KZN
- 10 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 11 South Africa in February?
- 12 To Egypt in February - Need some advice
- 13 Thinking about The Gambia
- 14 Independence Day in Israel
- 15 Private Guide in Israel - Cost question
- 16 correct date of last post: free ebook available Sunday Dec 11
- 17 Dubai Sand Dune dinner
- 18 DAY TRIP FROM AGADIR
- 19 “Extensive tour around Egypt in 36 Days”
- 20 Help in finding Israel tour guide Moshe Nov
- 21 Best Time to View Big Game in South Africa
- 22 Trip Insurance - a must?
- 23 Kenya safari tour/cost
- 24 Uganda or Rwanda 2015
- 25 Abu Simbel or Valley of Kings?