We're getting squeezed now by our TO for extra money for an itinerary they already priced months ago. Shidolya quoted a price of about $11,000 for my wife and I to do a private 12 night safari: 2 nights at Ngorongoro Serena, 4 nights at Kungwe Beach lodge at Mahale, 3 nights at Serengeti (2 at Serena, 1 at Mbuzi Mawe), and 3 nights at Whistling Thorne in Tarangire. Now they want an additional $770 per person! We just talked by phone and they way they made some mistakes in their pricing. We're really upset at these last minute changes. We've already made a $3,000 deposit. It's late to change TO's (we leave on 10/13 and our safari starts 10/22), and I'm afraid of losing our deposit. We really wanted to use an African company, but these changes are completely bogus. Any advice?
Change Tour Operators at Last Minute?
View all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Bubonic plaque
- 2 Safari and Beach in June
- 3 Volunteer Work In Africa
- 4 Safari Cost Comparison
- 5 Cape town and Kruger National Park in November
- 6 Help! First African safari!!!
- 7 Choosing between Ethiopia or Togo-Ghana for backpacking trip!
- 8 Map of Safari Camps in Greater Kruger?
- 9 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 10 Grootberg Lodge & Camp Kipwe in Damaraland, Namibia
- 11 Interested In Visiting Tanzania For An Adventure? Join Me!
- 12 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 13 Ghana trip report - independently using public transport
- 14 Any advice for travelling to Ghana, Ivory Coast and the Gambia?
- 15 Cheap flights for Ghana
- 16 My trip to Egypt .....
- 17 dubai for 5 days
- 18 WHERE TO? Botswana? Tanzania? South Africa?
- 19 Help with travel plans for Dubai
- 20 Dubai Airport to cruise terminal
- 21 Bugs n' Botswana
- 22 Group Trip to Israel
- 23 My Trip to Palestine
- 24 1st Time Safari to South Africa -Lodge Recommendations!
- 25 TRIP REPORTART I: BUDGET, NOVICE TRIP TO ETHIOPIA AND KENYA