We're getting squeezed now by our TO for extra money for an itinerary they already priced months ago. Shidolya quoted a price of about $11,000 for my wife and I to do a private 12 night safari: 2 nights at Ngorongoro Serena, 4 nights at Kungwe Beach lodge at Mahale, 3 nights at Serengeti (2 at Serena, 1 at Mbuzi Mawe), and 3 nights at Whistling Thorne in Tarangire. Now they want an additional $770 per person! We just talked by phone and they way they made some mistakes in their pricing. We're really upset at these last minute changes. We've already made a $3,000 deposit. It's late to change TO's (we leave on 10/13 and our safari starts 10/22), and I'm afraid of losing our deposit. We really wanted to use an African company, but these changes are completely bogus. Any advice?
Change Tour Operators at Last Minute?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 To go to Israel or not?
- 2 Best Month for Experiencing The Great Migration
- 3 SA, Swaziland & Zimbabwe
- 4 Dubai > Oman?
- 5 Dubai > Seychelles hop
- 6 Israel/Jordan -- other trip options to bypass Israel?
- 7 River and Tsingy: tour proposed by the best guide Madagascar
- 8 Botswana Green Season 2014/15 Camp discounted pricing
- 9 trip report s africa, victoria falls & Botswana Zambezi Queen
- 10 Morocco Tour: Marrakech Fes Merzouga Camel Trek in Sahara
- 11 Tanzania (Selous): Trip Report for Lake Manze Camp
- 12 Tanzania (Selous): Trip Report for Selous Impala Camp
- 13 Tanzania (Ruaha): Trip Report for Mwagusi Camp
- 14 Masai Mara Epic Big Five and Wildbeast Migration
- 15 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)
- 16 Wild Dogs (Lycaon pictus) seen in Samburu Kenya
- 17 Awesome trip and still not done
- 18 South Africa
- 19 Some Cape Town hotel - day tour suggestions?
- 20 2 weeks in Oman - Our experience
- 21 Private Conservancy Recommendations
- 22 Jordanesert,Rose City, Fabulous views,Unearthly landscapes.
- 23 Cairo Hotels and Safety
- 24 Erta Ale volcano in Ethiopia - anybody been there?
- 25 Cultural Tour from Maun?