I am leaving for Namibia on August 18th - to see my daughter who is teaching in northern Namibia. Her sister and I will be joining her for 2 weeks driving around the country. I have finished all my bookings - wish I had found Cardboard Box first - but they finished up my bookings. Now the car rental. I am overwhelmed in how to do this. Also what to do about CDW etc. I have VISA and AMEX if that makes a difference. I also saw on one blog about buying excess insurance for about $100 dollars - is this worth it? My understanding from my daughter is that the roads that we will travel will mostly be paved, maybe some gravel. Any help will be greatly appreciated. thanks
Car Rental in Namibia
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Tanzania (Ruaha): Trip Report for Mwagusi Camp
- 2 Staying out all day vs coming in for lunch in Botswana parks/concessions?
- 3 Ideas about the trip.
- 4 Israel/Jordan -- other trip options to bypass Israel?
- 5 3 days in Teheran
- 6 CAMEL TREK IN MOROCCO
- 7 trip report s africa, victoria falls & Botswana Zambezi Queen
- 8 Draft itinerary - Portugal, Spain, Morocco
- 9 Some advice re driving from Durban to Capetown via Umtata
- 10 Oman - moderate priced hotel near souks
- 11 Taxi - Casablanca Airport to El Jdidh
- 12 Questions about Chobe
- 13 What camera to use on safari
- 14 Ethiopian Air - Horrible
- 15 Botswana vs Namibia in May
- 16 Discover Namibia Tours & Safaris - Gemma Dry
- 17 FOREX Nairobi airport
- 18 To go to Israel or not?
- 19 Bidair at JNB
- 20 Saw the Big 5 in one day in the Mara last week!
- 21 Trip report/blog - South Africa honeymoon
- 22 Trip report about self-driving in Northern Namibia for 2 weeks in May 2014
- 23 Lamu or Zanzibar?
- 24 Eastern Cape Lodges
- 25 Best Month for Experiencing The Great Migration