My husband and I will be in Cape Town 3 nights in November (we also have 2 nights in Constantia). We drove the Garden Route and visited the Cape peninsula in 1997, but only spent 1 day in the city center before we had to fly out. This time we want to stay in the city to enjoy what it has to offer. Table Mountain is tops on our list, so I wanted to stay somewhere in close proximity to trails and the cable car. We will have a rental car, but it would be great if we could be within walking distance of the mountain. That being said, I would still like to be close by to some good restaurants as well. Some of the guest houses in the Tamborskloof area look lovely and I know there are great places to eat nearby. The area also seems to be close enough to the waterfront and mountain to be able to walk. We normally always choose a waterfront location while on holiday, but I think we would get a more charming Cape Town experience Cape Town in a residential neighborhood like Tamborskloof. Is anyone in agreement with this? or does anyone have other areas they might reccommend?
Cape Town-Waterfront or Tamborskloof area to stay
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Morocco Vacation Tour
- 2 Morocco Vacation Tour
- 3 Morocco Vacation Tour
- 4 Nairobi Airport Layover
- 5 New regulations for parents traveling to or in South Africa with children
- 6 Overnight train Marrakech - Tangiers the same day of return flight
- 7 Kenya and Tanzania Trip Planning Help
- 8 Interesting and uncommon stuff to do in Tel Aviv?
- 9 Charity begins at Home!
- 10 Child friendly holiday house or apartment in Cape Town (repeat request)
- 11 Sun Safaris
- 12 Advice: soft luggage for S. Africa safari w/small planes
- 13 Small Tented Camp under $350USD in Kenya??
- 14 2 Weeks In Iran: So Far Away From The Clichés!
- 15 Just back from our Chobe and Delta trip-WOW,WOW, WOW!
- 16 Looking for a travel partner for photography trip to Africa
- 17 Morocco and Algeria or Tunisia
- 18 Tour to Morocco
- 19 Around Morocco - Lahcen Boujouija
- 20 Camping in Erg Chebbi -- are there bathrooms???
- 21 Where should one seek adventure in Jerusalem?
- 22 Value for money, must eat restaurant in Tel Aviv?
- 23 Safari in Kenya & Tanzania - A report on Camps, Parks, Tips, Packing, Photo, Money & more.
- 24 Photographic Magazine's Top 10 Tips For Shooting On Safari...
- 25 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?