My husband and I will be in Cape Town 3 nights in November (we also have 2 nights in Constantia). We drove the Garden Route and visited the Cape peninsula in 1997, but only spent 1 day in the city center before we had to fly out. This time we want to stay in the city to enjoy what it has to offer. Table Mountain is tops on our list, so I wanted to stay somewhere in close proximity to trails and the cable car. We will have a rental car, but it would be great if we could be within walking distance of the mountain. That being said, I would still like to be close by to some good restaurants as well. Some of the guest houses in the Tamborskloof area look lovely and I know there are great places to eat nearby. The area also seems to be close enough to the waterfront and mountain to be able to walk. We normally always choose a waterfront location while on holiday, but I think we would get a more charming Cape Town experience Cape Town in a residential neighborhood like Tamborskloof. Is anyone in agreement with this? or does anyone have other areas they might reccommend?
Cape Town-Waterfront or Tamborskloof area to stay
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Morocco Advice
- 2 Dubai and where else for one week?
- 3 Kenya Multi-Day Safari Trip Report
- 4 Gate1 discovery tours to Israel
- 5 tanzania serengeti northern circuit self drive
- 6 Where to spend extra night; Merzouga or Skoura?
- 7 3-week tour at Egypt
- 8 Advice For Morocco Desert Tours and camel trekking For 4 Night
- 9 Beirut
- 10 Travel Agent in DC: Seeking Reviews
- 11 Wild Dogs (Lycaon pictus) seen in Samburu Kenya
- 12 Need advice on which camera lenses for safari
- 13 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 14 Mashatu, Kgalagadi to Caprivi and a Moremi mobile with Masson Safaris
- 15 5/6 day trip in Morocco. Tips for itinerary and mode of travel
- 16 Good travel company to book an 8 day trip to Egypt
- 17 Guide for Serengeti Wildebeest Migration Jan 2015
- 18 I'm going on safari for free!
- 19 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 20 Dubai first time
- 21 Private guide, non-self drive Namibia with Wild Dog Safaris in June
- 22 Overland from the Cape to the Serengeti
- 23 Observation - Possible Limited Space During Peak Season
- 24 South Africa's Eight UNESCO Sites
- 25 2015 Family Safari Tanzania Questions