My husband and I will be in Cape Town 3 nights in November (we also have 2 nights in Constantia). We drove the Garden Route and visited the Cape peninsula in 1997, but only spent 1 day in the city center before we had to fly out. This time we want to stay in the city to enjoy what it has to offer. Table Mountain is tops on our list, so I wanted to stay somewhere in close proximity to trails and the cable car. We will have a rental car, but it would be great if we could be within walking distance of the mountain. That being said, I would still like to be close by to some good restaurants as well. Some of the guest houses in the Tamborskloof area look lovely and I know there are great places to eat nearby. The area also seems to be close enough to the waterfront and mountain to be able to walk. We normally always choose a waterfront location while on holiday, but I think we would get a more charming Cape Town experience Cape Town in a residential neighborhood like Tamborskloof. Is anyone in agreement with this? or does anyone have other areas they might reccommend?
Cape Town-Waterfront or Tamborskloof area to stay
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Ebola and Morocco
- 2 Thompson Gazelle
- 3 Overland in West Africa
- 4 Domestic flight to HDS/MQP from JNB??
- 5 Sabi Sand Game Reserve Expert (Skukuza, South Africa)
- 6 boutique hotel in tel aviv?
- 7 Cape Town, Safari + Victoria Falls
- 8 Kenya,Tanzania and Zanzibar Travel Tips
- 9 Morrocco and Cash
- 10 Don't go to Morrocco!
- 11 Car Hire Victoria Mahe Seychelles
- 12 Kenya - July 2014 - Acacia House in Masai Mara area
- 13 Overland trip Iceland to South Africa
- 14 Advice and Suggestions for Southern Africa - April or June / July?
- 15 South Africa trip advices
- 16 Dubai transit with different connecting flights
- 17 Questions on 10 day Morocco winter vacation
- 18 Tour to Morocco
- 19 Rhino conservation in S Africa
- 20 2 days in Nairobi- hotel and guides!
- 21 Erg Chebbi, a Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience!
- 22 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 23 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 24 Camping in Erg Chebbi -- are there bathrooms???
- 25 Terrorism, Ebola - no more please