My husband and I will be in Cape Town 3 nights in November (we also have 2 nights in Constantia). We drove the Garden Route and visited the Cape peninsula in 1997, but only spent 1 day in the city center before we had to fly out. This time we want to stay in the city to enjoy what it has to offer. Table Mountain is tops on our list, so I wanted to stay somewhere in close proximity to trails and the cable car. We will have a rental car, but it would be great if we could be within walking distance of the mountain. That being said, I would still like to be close by to some good restaurants as well. Some of the guest houses in the Tamborskloof area look lovely and I know there are great places to eat nearby. The area also seems to be close enough to the waterfront and mountain to be able to walk. We normally always choose a waterfront location while on holiday, but I think we would get a more charming Cape Town experience Cape Town in a residential neighborhood like Tamborskloof. Is anyone in agreement with this? or does anyone have other areas they might reccommend?
Cape Town-Waterfront or Tamborskloof area to stay
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 South Africa - travel from Bloemfontein via Karoo to Stellenbosch
- 2 South Africa - Cape wine lands - Suggestions organized wine tasting tour
- 3 Travelust
- 4 Drinking on safari
- 5 Terrorism, Ebola - no more please
- 6 Who to Choose? Africa Serendipity, Rothschild Safari or ATR?
- 7 Southern Africa trip - 5 weeks April / May 2015 starting in KZN
- 8 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 9 South Africa in February?
- 10 To Egypt in February - Need some advice
- 11 Thinking about The Gambia
- 12 Independence Day in Israel
- 13 Private Guide in Israel - Cost question
- 14 Shots for Morocco
- 15 correct date of last post: free ebook available Sunday Dec 11
- 16 Dubai Sand Dune dinner
- 17 Morroco Travel Guide
- 18 DAY TRIP FROM AGADIR
- 19 “Extensive tour around Egypt in 36 Days”
- 20 Help in finding Israel tour guide Moshe Nov
- 21 Best Time to View Big Game in South Africa
- 22 Trip Insurance - a must?
- 23 Kenya safari tour/cost
- 24 Uganda or Rwanda 2015
- 25 Abu Simbel or Valley of Kings?