My husband and I will be in Cape Town 3 nights in November (we also have 2 nights in Constantia). We drove the Garden Route and visited the Cape peninsula in 1997, but only spent 1 day in the city center before we had to fly out. This time we want to stay in the city to enjoy what it has to offer. Table Mountain is tops on our list, so I wanted to stay somewhere in close proximity to trails and the cable car. We will have a rental car, but it would be great if we could be within walking distance of the mountain. That being said, I would still like to be close by to some good restaurants as well. Some of the guest houses in the Tamborskloof area look lovely and I know there are great places to eat nearby. The area also seems to be close enough to the waterfront and mountain to be able to walk. We normally always choose a waterfront location while on holiday, but I think we would get a more charming Cape Town experience Cape Town in a residential neighborhood like Tamborskloof. Is anyone in agreement with this? or does anyone have other areas they might reccommend?
Cape Town-Waterfront or Tamborskloof area to stay
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Zanzibar - from a resident's perspective
- 2 Now is the Time fo Egypt...
- 3 Magnificent wedding in the Masai Mara
- 4 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 5 Zambia Impressions
- 6 Rwanda, Uganda and Tanzania
- 7 Travel Report for Malawi - A Great Place To Relax
- 8 Serengeti Photo Safari - April 2015
- 9 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 10 Comments on Botswana itinerary with Wilderness Travel
- 11 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 12 Morocco floods - areas affected
- 13 Dubai first time
- 14 Mauritius September 2015 - Silver Beach Resort or Emeraude Beach Attitude?
- 15 Taste of Dubai
- 16 Don't go to Morrocco!
- 17 Where to spend extra night; Merzouga or Skoura?
- 18 Canoe Safari Jan - Feb
- 19 Dubai and/or Oman
- 20 Good travel company to book an 8 day trip to Egypt
- 21 Need advice on which camera lenses for safari
- 22 Morocco Advice
- 23 MOROCCO SOLO
- 24 Guide for Serengeti Wildebeest Migration Jan 2015
- 25 Suggestions for a group tour