We are planning a trip to S. Africa & Botswana for December 06. We will start by spending 3 days at a camp in Botswana. Then we MAY do Victoria Falls, although from what I've read, it may not be worth the trip. Then on to Kruger National Park for 3 days in another camp, followed by 3 days in Cape Town.
My questions are these:
1 - considering that flying from Botswana to Victoria Falls to Kruger may make take 3 days because flights aren't regular, is it worth the time to see the falls?
2 - OR should we bundle the few days we have left and fly to Mauritius? I've heard its beautiful there, albeit expensive.
3 - How long is the flight from Cape Town to Mauritius or do you have to fly from Jberg?
Thanks so much to all of you experienced travelers!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Uganda, Rwanda, and Zanzibar-Brief Trip Report
- 2 Guidance on Single Supplement Fess
- 3 Done with tourist activity/ two fully free solo days
- 4 Help me plan a family safari for three generations!
- 5 Victoria Falls 3 day visit from a month in SA
- 6 Trip Report: South Africa & Namibia April 28 – May 14
- 7 Victoria Falls
- 8 Cape Town
- 9 Trip Insurance for Africa Trip
- 10 Botswana - Mobile Safari Operator Recommendations?
- 11 Morocco vs Turkey
- 12 Dual Citizenship- Travelling question
- 13 Affidavit document for sole parent traveling to SA with child
- 14 Two Nights in Tangiers
- 15 Nairobi, where to stay
- 16 Widerness Lodges
- 17 Timbavati or Klaserie Game Lodge Options
- 18 Help plan African Safari
- 19 Help planning a first safari on a budget?
- 20 Tipping on Safari
- 21 THE PANORAMA ROUTE
- 22 Amazing 40th Anniversary Celebration in South Africa
- 23 Cape Town -safety
- 24 NBO Airport Transfer?
- 25 SA itin review