We are planning a trip to S. Africa & Botswana for December 06. We will start by spending 3 days at a camp in Botswana. Then we MAY do Victoria Falls, although from what I've read, it may not be worth the trip. Then on to Kruger National Park for 3 days in another camp, followed by 3 days in Cape Town.
My questions are these:
1 - considering that flying from Botswana to Victoria Falls to Kruger may make take 3 days because flights aren't regular, is it worth the time to see the falls?
2 - OR should we bundle the few days we have left and fly to Mauritius? I've heard its beautiful there, albeit expensive.
3 - How long is the flight from Cape Town to Mauritius or do you have to fly from Jberg?
Thanks so much to all of you experienced travelers!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Original/fake Passports , work permit,etc
- 2 61 year old traveling to Kenya/Tanzania by myself
- 3 Trip Report: Leaf Leopards & Stone Lions: Kamping in Kruger
- 4 Solo/female/40's US traveler req tour operator recommendations
- 5 Need tour operator for Tanzania and Kenya
- 6 Self drive tour south africa
- 7 Skip Victoria Falls for more Cape Town?
- 8 Itinerary Help - South Africa
- 9 2 Trips to Uganda: my experience
- 10 Elandskloof Farm Cottages near Greyton in the Western Cape
- 11 Packing for a month in Southern Africa
- 12 Duba activities - help deciding
- 13 Itinerary Input for Northern Israel with Kids
- 14 Private Guide for Cairo
- 15 African Safari/BeachTrip possible in 2 weeks?
- 16 Zimbabwe - Game Viewing in Hwange and Mana Pools?
- 17 Texting from US to Israel
- 18 Itinerary Ideas
- 19 Son of Cecil shot by trophy hunter in Hwange
- 20 Once again last minute short trip to South Africa
- 21 recommendations for first Africa safari?
- 22 Lamu Island or Diani Beach
- 23 first family kenyan safari trip report
- 24 Dubai for 3 Days (2 nights)
- 25 Naukluft Hiking Trail travel companions wanted