I and my wife will have a short visit to Cape Town between May 17 and May 19, 2014 (just for 2 nights, but given the time restrictions we have, that would be better than not going at all).
I am a keen amateur photographer and would like to take aerial photos of the city and Table Mountain from a helicopter. I would appreciate your comments and opinions on several issues:
1. Do we need to make a reservation in advance or we can just phone 2-3 companies when we are already there? The only concern I have regarding advanced reservation is the weather, it might not be the best idea to have a prior arrangement for a specific time and to turn out that the weather conditions are not very good for aerial photography. We will be staying very close to V & A Waterfront, how likely would be finding a flight by just walking to the flightseeing companies without a prior arrangement?
2. Which company to choose? Since the tour would be about taking photographs, the decisive factor would be the type of chopper and the ability to have the clearest view for
Sports Helicopters seem to operate JetRanger choppers which have a little window that could be opened if seating on the back seat. 20 minutes flight for 2 people is R 3650.
Cape Town helicopters seem to operate JetRangers and Robinson R44 choppers, the latter do not have any windows that I could open.
Nac Macana helicopters seem to operate both JetRangers and R44-s.
All three companies are located at V & A waterfront.
3. Any idea if any of the companies will allow to book a specific seat in advance if sharing the flight with other people or seat distribution will be on first come – first serve basis? Or depending on individual passenger’s weight for balancing the chopper?
Any opinions and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 동양생명주식시세 장외주식시세 oninve.com
- 2 주식지수 장외주식 oninve.com
- 3 개미주식 투자유망종목 oninve.com
- 4 Recommendations for Houseboat in Chobe
- 5 Jerusalem and the Holy Land
- 6 Kruger National Park with 5 year old
- 7 safari for the mobility impaired
- 8 Car Rental Casablanca Aptil
- 9 Kenya and Tanzaniz combined 13 days Safari
- 10 South Africa planning next Feb/March
- 11 A couple of quick questions about Israel
- 12 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 13 Family Kenya Safari July 2017
- 14 Proposed Itinerary Israel & Jordan
- 15 Want to take your laptop on the plane?
- 16 Recommendation on where to stay in Durban?
- 17 Itinerary and logistics of Mid April Mrocco solo
- 18 13 Days Tanzania and Kenya Safari
- 19 Morocco: Do it yourself, or get a tour company?
- 20 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 21 Buying merchandise
- 22 Kenya and Tanzania Tour Companies
- 23 Egypt January-February 2018
- 24 Honeymoon - South Africa
- 25 Morocco first timer around 8 days