I and my wife will have a short visit to Cape Town between May 17 and May 19, 2014 (just for 2 nights, but given the time restrictions we have, that would be better than not going at all).
I am a keen amateur photographer and would like to take aerial photos of the city and Table Mountain from a helicopter. I would appreciate your comments and opinions on several issues:
1. Do we need to make a reservation in advance or we can just phone 2-3 companies when we are already there? The only concern I have regarding advanced reservation is the weather, it might not be the best idea to have a prior arrangement for a specific time and to turn out that the weather conditions are not very good for aerial photography. We will be staying very close to V & A Waterfront, how likely would be finding a flight by just walking to the flightseeing companies without a prior arrangement?
2. Which company to choose? Since the tour would be about taking photographs, the decisive factor would be the type of chopper and the ability to have the clearest view for
Sports Helicopters seem to operate JetRanger choppers which have a little window that could be opened if seating on the back seat. 20 minutes flight for 2 people is R 3650.
Cape Town helicopters seem to operate JetRangers and Robinson R44 choppers, the latter do not have any windows that I could open.
Nac Macana helicopters seem to operate both JetRangers and R44-s.
All three companies are located at V & A waterfront.
3. Any idea if any of the companies will allow to book a specific seat in advance if sharing the flight with other people or seat distribution will be on first come – first serve basis? Or depending on individual passenger’s weight for balancing the chopper?
Any opinions and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 recommendations for first Africa safari?
- 2 African Safari/BeachTrip possible in 2 weeks?
- 3 Lamu Island or Diani Beach
- 4 Zimbabwe - Game Viewing in Hwange and Mana Pools?
- 5 Skip Victoria Falls for more Cape Town?
- 6 Once again last minute short trip to South Africa
- 7 first family kenyan safari trip report
- 8 Dubai for 3 Days (2 nights)
- 9 Naukluft Hiking Trail travel companions wanted
- 10 Passport pages stuck together
- 11 Self drive tour south africa
- 12 Packing for a month in Southern Africa
- 13 Tanzania-An organized trip or on our own?
- 14 Flight to italy then To Romani
- 15 Minor Children & Birth Certificates?
- 16 Duba activities - help deciding
- 17 Eilat
- 18 recommendations for AI islands
- 19 Trip Report: Tanzania Northern Circuit Safari with Earthlife Expeditions
- 20 Petra from Israel
- 21 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 22 What makes South Africa unique & different from other places in the world?
- 23 16hours transit at Doha
- 24 Travel with Children to South Africa with Emirates
- 25 Itinerary Input- Specifically on GR or staying longer in CT