I and my wife will have a short visit to Cape Town between May 17 and May 19, 2014 (just for 2 nights, but given the time restrictions we have, that would be better than not going at all).
I am a keen amateur photographer and would like to take aerial photos of the city and Table Mountain from a helicopter. I would appreciate your comments and opinions on several issues:
1. Do we need to make a reservation in advance or we can just phone 2-3 companies when we are already there? The only concern I have regarding advanced reservation is the weather, it might not be the best idea to have a prior arrangement for a specific time and to turn out that the weather conditions are not very good for aerial photography. We will be staying very close to V & A Waterfront, how likely would be finding a flight by just walking to the flightseeing companies without a prior arrangement?
2. Which company to choose? Since the tour would be about taking photographs, the decisive factor would be the type of chopper and the ability to have the clearest view for
Sports Helicopters seem to operate JetRanger choppers which have a little window that could be opened if seating on the back seat. 20 minutes flight for 2 people is R 3650.
Cape Town helicopters seem to operate JetRangers and Robinson R44 choppers, the latter do not have any windows that I could open.
Nac Macana helicopters seem to operate both JetRangers and R44-s.
All three companies are located at V & A waterfront.
3. Any idea if any of the companies will allow to book a specific seat in advance if sharing the flight with other people or seat distribution will be on first come – first serve basis? Or depending on individual passenger’s weight for balancing the chopper?
Any opinions and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 FIRST South Africa's trip might be brought to us by You
- 2 PORT SAID/CAIRO - 1 DAY off cruise ship
- 3 African Safari
- 4 South Africa safari, Cape town self drive trip plan- many questions
- 5 How to spend four nights in Morocco
- 6 Touring Morocco alone for a few days? (fez & marrekech)
- 7 Private Tour Recommendations To Erg Chebbi
- 8 Tanzania & Zanzibar Itinerary
- 9 Please give your preferences on these two private Lodges
- 10 Insurance Coverage while in Egypt
- 11 Five Thousand Years in 19 days - Pyramids, Tombs, Camels and a River
- 12 Dubai Desert Safari - Toddler Friendly?
- 13 Is the migration early this year
- 14 EXCURSION - HAIFA to YAD VASHEM
- 15 Cape Town Itinerary
- 16 Staying overnight at Nairobi Airport as solo female traveler?
- 17 Hotel suggestions in Cape Town
- 18 Tangier (Tanger) Ville railway station
- 19 Madagascar - your tips please
- 20 ISRAEL on SATURDAY - Transport
- 21 Best Economy Hotels In Bahrain
- 22 Travelling to Nigeria for the first time
- 23 5 nights in Cape Town - 5 restaurants
- 24 Burj Khalifa, pre-book or not?
- 25 Road To Morocco Tours