I and my wife will have a short visit to Cape Town between May 17 and May 19, 2014 (just for 2 nights, but given the time restrictions we have, that would be better than not going at all).
I am a keen amateur photographer and would like to take aerial photos of the city and Table Mountain from a helicopter. I would appreciate your comments and opinions on several issues:
1. Do we need to make a reservation in advance or we can just phone 2-3 companies when we are already there? The only concern I have regarding advanced reservation is the weather, it might not be the best idea to have a prior arrangement for a specific time and to turn out that the weather conditions are not very good for aerial photography. We will be staying very close to V & A Waterfront, how likely would be finding a flight by just walking to the flightseeing companies without a prior arrangement?
2. Which company to choose? Since the tour would be about taking photographs, the decisive factor would be the type of chopper and the ability to have the clearest view for
Sports Helicopters seem to operate JetRanger choppers which have a little window that could be opened if seating on the back seat. 20 minutes flight for 2 people is R 3650.
Cape Town helicopters seem to operate JetRangers and Robinson R44 choppers, the latter do not have any windows that I could open.
Nac Macana helicopters seem to operate both JetRangers and R44-s.
All three companies are located at V & A waterfront.
3. Any idea if any of the companies will allow to book a specific seat in advance if sharing the flight with other people or seat distribution will be on first come – first serve basis? Or depending on individual passenger’s weight for balancing the chopper?
Any opinions and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Cape Town helicopter flightseeing
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Israel/Jordan -- other trip options to bypass Israel?
- 2 Discover Namibia Tours & Safaris - Gemma Dry
- 3 FOREX Nairobi airport
- 4 To go to Israel or not?
- 5 Bidair at JNB
- 6 Botswana vs Namibia in May
- 7 Saw the Big 5 in one day in the Mara last week!
- 8 Trip report/blog - South Africa honeymoon
- 9 Trip report about self-driving in Northern Namibia for 2 weeks in May 2014
- 10 Lamu or Zanzibar?
- 11 Eastern Cape Lodges
- 12 Questions about Chobe
- 13 Best Month for Experiencing The Great Migration
- 14 Dubai > Oman?
- 15 Dubai > Seychelles hop
- 16 Botswana Green Season 2014/15 Camp discounted pricing
- 17 trip report s africa, victoria falls & Botswana Zambezi Queen
- 18 Morocco Tour: Marrakech Fes Merzouga Camel Trek in Sahara
- 19 Tanzania (Selous): Trip Report for Lake Manze Camp
- 20 Tanzania (Selous): Trip Report for Selous Impala Camp
- 21 Tanzania (Ruaha): Trip Report for Mwagusi Camp
- 22 Masai Mara Epic Big Five and Wildbeast Migration
- 23 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)
- 24 Wild Dogs (Lycaon pictus) seen in Samburu Kenya
- 25 Awesome trip and still not done