We have begun planning our 4 week trip to Dubai and then on to South Africa. We leave Feb 2016. We have two girls, ages 9 and 13. We planned our stopover in Dubai-(plan on doing Desert Safari, exploring the gold, spice and textile souks, Jumeirah Mosque) and now are moving onto South Africa. We have a very rough idea of what our plans are:
We fly into Cape town and planned on renting a car for the month.
1. 1 week in Cape town-looking to rent a safe 2 bedroom in Camps Bay area (or if you have other suggestions for areas to stay...) then figured we'd explore that area-day trips to penguins, cheetah outreach, ? (-Budget for rental about $250/day)
2. 10 days to travel the Garden route-stopping at Addo
3. Drive back to Cape town
4. Back in Cape town area for about 5 days-???
5. fly back to states through Dubai
I've emailed a few places on VRBO for renting and am waiting to hear back from them. Seems to be a busy time and its a bit harder than I anticipated finding a place.
I'm hoping to get some ideas on good areas to rent an apt and any other ideas or suggestions you all can offer
Thank so much!!!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 http://healthonlinereviews.com/hydroluxe-serum/
- 2 http://www.beaudermaskincare.com/avalure-cream/
- 3 Kruger National Park with 5 year old
- 4 Recommendations for Houseboat in Chobe
- 5 safari for the mobility impaired
- 6 Car Rental Casablanca Aptil
- 7 Kenya and Tanzaniz combined 13 days Safari
- 8 South Africa planning next Feb/March
- 9 A couple of quick questions about Israel
- 10 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 11 Jerusalem and the Holy Land
- 12 Family Kenya Safari July 2017
- 13 Proposed Itinerary Israel & Jordan
- 14 Want to take your laptop on the plane?
- 15 Recommendation on where to stay in Durban?
- 16 Itinerary and logistics of Mid April Mrocco solo
- 17 13 Days Tanzania and Kenya Safari
- 18 Morocco: Do it yourself, or get a tour company?
- 19 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 20 Buying merchandise
- 21 Kenya and Tanzania Tour Companies
- 22 Egypt January-February 2018
- 23 Honeymoon - South Africa
- 24 Morocco first timer around 8 days
- 25 Private tour guide in Marrakech