We have begun planning our 4 week trip to Dubai and then on to South Africa. We leave Feb 2016. We have two girls, ages 9 and 13. We planned our stopover in Dubai-(plan on doing Desert Safari, exploring the gold, spice and textile souks, Jumeirah Mosque) and now are moving onto South Africa. We have a very rough idea of what our plans are:
We fly into Cape town and planned on renting a car for the month.
1. 1 week in Cape town-looking to rent a safe 2 bedroom in Camps Bay area (or if you have other suggestions for areas to stay...) then figured we'd explore that area-day trips to penguins, cheetah outreach, ? (-Budget for rental about $250/day)
2. 10 days to travel the Garden route-stopping at Addo
3. Drive back to Cape town
4. Back in Cape town area for about 5 days-???
5. fly back to states through Dubai
I've emailed a few places on VRBO for renting and am waiting to hear back from them. Seems to be a busy time and its a bit harder than I anticipated finding a place.
I'm hoping to get some ideas on good areas to rent an apt and any other ideas or suggestions you all can offer
Thank so much!!!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 upcoming Africa trip ... gift ideas needed?
- 2 Kenya Safari Tour Operator Recommendations
- 3 Where to go for lunch and dinner in Fes, Marrakech, and Essaouira
- 4 Free walking tours Medina Marrakech ???
- 5 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 6 Israel Transportation
- 7 Changing planes at Dubai
- 8 Has Anyone Been to Sudan...?
- 9 Chaos in the old Medina-Marrakech
- 10 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 11 Morocco Trip Report
- 12 North African Tips for a First Timer
- 13 Morocco help
- 14 First trip to Africa
- 15 Morocco 6 days Itinerary..Need Help
- 16 3 day desert tour: Marrakech to Merzouga
- 17 Driving Distance from Kalahari Tented Camp to Western Etosha NP
- 18 IRAN
- 19 Money in Uganda
- 20 Uganda Visa
- 21 accomodation near Mata Mata Border post
- 22 Egypt- Dec Itinerary-help needed
- 23 Private Guide for Cairo
- 24 Egypt - Need Help!
- 25 Attractions in Cairo and around