We have begun planning our 4 week trip to Dubai and then on to South Africa. We leave Feb 2016. We have two girls, ages 9 and 13. We planned our stopover in Dubai-(plan on doing Desert Safari, exploring the gold, spice and textile souks, Jumeirah Mosque) and now are moving onto South Africa. We have a very rough idea of what our plans are:
We fly into Cape town and planned on renting a car for the month.
1. 1 week in Cape town-looking to rent a safe 2 bedroom in Camps Bay area (or if you have other suggestions for areas to stay...) then figured we'd explore that area-day trips to penguins, cheetah outreach, ? (-Budget for rental about $250/day)
2. 10 days to travel the Garden route-stopping at Addo
3. Drive back to Cape town
4. Back in Cape town area for about 5 days-???
5. fly back to states through Dubai
I've emailed a few places on VRBO for renting and am waiting to hear back from them. Seems to be a busy time and its a bit harder than I anticipated finding a place.
I'm hoping to get some ideas on good areas to rent an apt and any other ideas or suggestions you all can offer
Thank so much!!!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Marrakesh - Expenses
- 2 March Trip to South Africa -- Need Quick Guidance Please!
- 3 Morocco Trip End of April - itinerary help please!
- 4 First time Safari - any comments on Wild Wings/Taga Safari companies?
- 5 Mombasa recomendations please
- 6 Private tours in Morocco
- 7 Kings Pool vs. Duma Tau
- 8 Hotels for Victoria falls
- 9 First time to Africa-need help!
- 10 How do I know if a company is legit
- 11 Point and Shoot camera for a Kenyan Safari
- 12 South Africa trip report
- 13 Question about Yellow Fever certificate
- 14 The Heat and Dust of Kafue & the Busanga Plains
- 15 Has anyone used this company in Uganda
- 16 Jewish tour Casablanca
- 17 Kenyan Safari Spending Money
- 18 Ethiopian security
- 19 Duffel Bag Suggestions?
- 20 Eyes on Africa Safari Recommendations???
- 21 morocco
- 22 Morocco 10 days - plz review
- 23 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 24 Is an Iranian visa a problem when entering Israel?
- 25 Casablanca or Rabat for two night stay