My wife and I are going to Dubai in May. We have been there before (as you can see from this trip report from 2002 http://gardkarlsen.com/dubai.htm ) and that time we stayed in Bur Dubai. At the moment I have booked a room at Traders hotel in Dubai (on the Deira side) but I have also started looking at other hotels. I know it will be hot so maybe it would be better to stay nearer to the beach. We are planning on doing to regular sights....the museum, the gold market, the Burj Dubai, Burj Al Arab etc. We enjoyed staying in the city the last time as it was easy to find local restaurant. I'm just afraid that if we stay in the Jumeirah area we will just end up going to the more expensive restaurants that seems to only cater for tourist.
So the question is...if you were going to Dubai in the end of May, where would you stay and why?
http://gardkarlsen.com - trip reports and pictures
Can't make up my mind where to stay in Dubai
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Green Season Safari Questions
- 2 Morocco Desert Safari - end of May too hot?
- 3 Dubai - to go or not to go?
- 4 Quick question about Kenya..
- 5 Choosing A Morocco Tour Operator?
- 6 We're going to Jordan and Israel
- 7 Tanzania: Ruaha & Selous in June
- 8 Morocco in April 2014
- 9 need private tour guide for Jordan
- 10 Connect Hemisphere Safaris - BEWARE: Fraudulent, Incompetent
- 11 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 12 Choosing Between Africa Odyssey, Africa Adventure Company, & andBeyond
- 13 South Africa escorted tour - your comments please!
- 14 Proposed Zambia Itinerary Update
- 15 Anyone going to Tanzania soon ?
- 16 Saudi Arabia and Oman?
- 17 Best time to go to South Africa?
- 18 Uganda Travel Planning
- 19 Israel and Jordan
- 20 Tour of Morocco, is this a good one?
- 21 Tel Aviv Special Occasion Restaurant
- 22 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September
- 23 Ethiopia Omo valley tour(March 21-28)- Need a travel partner
- 24 Northern Circuit tour company
- 25 Delta trip Aug/28-9/10 Sooooo excited!!