My wife and I are going to Dubai in May. We have been there before (as you can see from this trip report from 2002 http://gardkarlsen.com/dubai.htm ) and that time we stayed in Bur Dubai. At the moment I have booked a room at Traders hotel in Dubai (on the Deira side) but I have also started looking at other hotels. I know it will be hot so maybe it would be better to stay nearer to the beach. We are planning on doing to regular sights....the museum, the gold market, the Burj Dubai, Burj Al Arab etc. We enjoyed staying in the city the last time as it was easy to find local restaurant. I'm just afraid that if we stay in the Jumeirah area we will just end up going to the more expensive restaurants that seems to only cater for tourist.
So the question is...if you were going to Dubai in the end of May, where would you stay and why?
http://gardkarlsen.com - trip reports and pictures
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 yahoo@ Password Reset CONTACT ☎ 1:800:982:8520 Tech SUPP0RT CARE*
- 2 Our Magic Carpet Ride-Marrakesh!
- 3 Itinerary Ideas
- 4 Tanzania Itinerary help
- 5 planning first safari to Tanzania ... feeling overwhelmed
- 6 Trip Report: Tanzania Northern Circuit Safari with Earthlife Expeditions
- 7 Help with Israel Trip (First Timers): Some Basic Questions
- 8 Tel Aviv-Haifa: gifts and presents. Any ideas?
- 9 An Ugandan Urge- Gorillas & Chimps in the midst
- 10 Narrowing down my 10 day itinerary
- 11 Where do I even start planning my SA safari?
- 12 Kenya/Tanzania
- 13 Dubai first time
- 14 2 nights in Dubai
- 15 16 hours in Qatar
- 16 Petra from Israel
- 17 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 18 A South African in Lusaka
- 19 Packing for trip to Tanzania
- 20 Need tour operator for Tanzania and Kenya
- 21 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 22 RETURN TO BOTSWANA, PLUS JOHANNESBURG, 2017
- 23 Babies Galore: Kenya in April
- 24 Safari suggestions
- 25 Best places to eat in Egypt?