My wife and I are going to Dubai in May. We have been there before (as you can see from this trip report from 2002 http://gardkarlsen.com/dubai.htm ) and that time we stayed in Bur Dubai. At the moment I have booked a room at Traders hotel in Dubai (on the Deira side) but I have also started looking at other hotels. I know it will be hot so maybe it would be better to stay nearer to the beach. We are planning on doing to regular sights....the museum, the gold market, the Burj Dubai, Burj Al Arab etc. We enjoyed staying in the city the last time as it was easy to find local restaurant. I'm just afraid that if we stay in the Jumeirah area we will just end up going to the more expensive restaurants that seems to only cater for tourist.
So the question is...if you were going to Dubai in the end of May, where would you stay and why?
http://gardkarlsen.com - trip reports and pictures
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 http://www.2gb.com/system/files/show_contact/uploads/supernat.pdf
- 2 Morocco Highlights
- 3 Uganda Trip Report
- 4 Money in Uganda
- 5 Tanzania Great Migration, when to go
- 6 Active Family's First Trip to Africa - South Africa or Botswana
- 7 VISA for Mozambique
- 8 15 days Morocco Itinerary Help please
- 9 Egypt Quickie Trip
- 10 Cape Verdean Esqudos
- 11 The Heat and Dust of Kafue & the Busanga Plains
- 12 Royal Air Maroc Dreamliner JFK-CMN and maybe connect to RAK
- 13 Traditional music + dance in South Africa?
- 14 Best African Safari
- 15 December Serengeti Itinerary
- 16 Wildbeest migration tour operator
- 17 beach visit after safari
- 18 Petra Wadi Rum
- 19 Questions on Israel/Jordan Border Crossings and Jordan Travel. Need Help!
- 20 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 21 Transportation from Tel Aviv Airport to Jerusalem
- 22 What is worth seeing in November?
- 23 Morocco – November, 2015 - Self Drive
- 24 Israeli Tour Guides
- 25 Masai Mara in May