My wife and I are going to Dubai in May. We have been there before (as you can see from this trip report from 2002 http://gardkarlsen.com/dubai.htm ) and that time we stayed in Bur Dubai. At the moment I have booked a room at Traders hotel in Dubai (on the Deira side) but I have also started looking at other hotels. I know it will be hot so maybe it would be better to stay nearer to the beach. We are planning on doing to regular sights....the museum, the gold market, the Burj Dubai, Burj Al Arab etc. We enjoyed staying in the city the last time as it was easy to find local restaurant. I'm just afraid that if we stay in the Jumeirah area we will just end up going to the more expensive restaurants that seems to only cater for tourist.
So the question is...if you were going to Dubai in the end of May, where would you stay and why?
http://gardkarlsen.com - trip reports and pictures
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 http://www.menshealthreviews.org/vitalix-male-enhancement/
- 2 Need help planning Namibia Trip!
- 3 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 4 Trip Report: Tanzania, Kenya & Zanzibar with MICATO May /June 2006
- 5 Shimba Hills Mombasa Kenya Would This Works As A Day Trip From A Cruise?
- 6 Best books to read before Morocco visit? (not guide books)
- 7 Southern Africa or Tanzania/Kenya for August 2018 Family Trip
- 8 4th Safari with Warrior Trails in 2016
- 9 Lady Liuwa no more !!
- 10 Gamewatchers are great for helping plan
- 11 Family4Travels to Israel & Petra -matzos, mezze and Menachem!!
- 12 Women's wear for Dubai?
- 13 Dubai Guide
- 14 Solo/female/40's US traveler req tour operator recommendations
- 15 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda
- 16 Cape Town/ Wineland Tour
- 17 Bush plane luggage (again)
- 18 Loldia House Kenya
- 19 rekero and encounter mara vehicles
- 20 Alexandria
- 21 kicheche compared to porini
- 22 best bag to get for fly in safari in kenya
- 23 Planning Tanzania trip-how many months?
- 24 Chefchaouen Report
- 25 Tracking Gorillas