My wife and I are going to Dubai in May. We have been there before (as you can see from this trip report from 2002 http://gardkarlsen.com/dubai.htm ) and that time we stayed in Bur Dubai. At the moment I have booked a room at Traders hotel in Dubai (on the Deira side) but I have also started looking at other hotels. I know it will be hot so maybe it would be better to stay nearer to the beach. We are planning on doing to regular sights....the museum, the gold market, the Burj Dubai, Burj Al Arab etc. We enjoyed staying in the city the last time as it was easy to find local restaurant. I'm just afraid that if we stay in the Jumeirah area we will just end up going to the more expensive restaurants that seems to only cater for tourist.
So the question is...if you were going to Dubai in the end of May, where would you stay and why?
http://gardkarlsen.com - trip reports and pictures
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Floor lore storm next week attack Rong
- 2 Cape Town -safety
- 3 South Africa Adventure Activities - Help Needed
- 4 Uganda Visit - A beautiful Country
- 5 Tanzania Safari Itinerary Advice Needed - Mid-May 2017
- 6 Trip to Merzouga
- 7 Any advise on travelling in Morocco
- 8 Swaziland in January
- 9 MOROCCO FOR 10 DAYS
- 10 good internet connection option Meknes
- 11 Overnight train from Fez to Marrakesh
- 12 Trip Report: June, 2016 S. Africa, Zambia and Malawi
- 13 Rwanda - Gorilla Trekking
- 14 Trip report about self-driving in Northern Namibia for 2 weeks in May 2014
- 15 Safari - March 2017 Timbavati vs. Sabi Sands
- 16 Pictures & Trip Report - Self-drive: South Africa & Namibia 2008
- 17 Tanzania Safari with OAT
- 18 what size ll bean adventure duffle for safari
- 19 Southern Africa, 2 weeks, 10 passport stamps!!
- 20 The Heat and Dust of Kafue & the Busanga Plains
- 21 How I survived in Africa Traveling in a primitive African tribe Mursi
- 22 weekend from Joburg - 3rd trip to city
- 23 Egypt - where to buy a cartouche?
- 24 DANCING ZEBRA SAFARI CO
- 25 planning first safari to Tanzania ... feeling overwhelmed