I am in the process of trying to plan a trip (for 2) to Southern Africa in Sept-Oct (could possibly travel in Aug or Nov). I contacted four different travel agents to determine the options available. 3/4 travel agents suggested the same trip and I provisionally reserved the trip with the agent that had the best availability. The 4th agent answered later than the others (after I provisionally reserved the trip with another agent) and again suggested the same trip, but also offered more comprehensive information and a couple more options (so I have preferred working with this agent). This is my first safari and I cannot decide which of the options they suggested would be best; I am interested in finding out if anyone has experience with any of these or similar trips.
The options are:
1) The trip that I have provisionally reserved: Wilderness Safari's Botswana Migration Routes mobile safari (travels to Xigera and Kwai regions of Okavango Delta (4 days), Savuti (1 day), Linyanti (2 days), Chobe (1 day) and Victoria Falls (Natural Mystic Lodge, Zambia side, 1 day).
2) South Botswana/South Africa: The second option is Mashatu Tented Camp (3 days), Coach House in Tzaneen (1 day), Djuma Bush Camp in Sabi Sands(3 days).
3) Zimbabwe: The third option is Little Makalolo Tented Camp in Hwange (3 days), combination of Ruckomechi/Chikwenya Camp or mobile canoe safari in Mana Pools (3 days), Victoria Falls (Ilala Lodge, 2 days).
With respect to what I am looking for...I wanted to stay in tented camps, but I think that this is beyond my budget for Botswana. I would like to see a variety of wildlife; I am hoping to see, I guess, the usual: lions, leopards, cheetah, elephants, hippo, giraffe, baboons, zebra, etc. However, I would also like to have a variety of activities available: canoe/boat trips, walking, night drives (I also would like to do a one-day elephant back safari from Victoria Falls and would have to add extra days to options 1) or 2) for this.). And, I would like to be able to get a sense of the wilderness of Africa. I am also concerned about any safety issues, particularly Zimbabwe.
Please let me know if you have any input regarding these options.
Can't make a decision...
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 2 Cape Town Safety?
- 3 first time family safari in August 2014
- 4 BOTSWANA - Maun (Okavango) to Chobe - 4x4 self drive...
- 5 Memory cards for camera
- 6 Self Drive SA, Botswana, Zimbabwe - help, 4x4 hire/border restrictions
- 7 First Time in Israel Tour Suggestions
- 8 Sabi Sands camps
- 9 Questions on 10 day Morocco winter vacation
- 10 London to Tel aviv What to expect at BG /Trans to Tel aviv / booking.com
- 11 place to sleep near airport for a 6 hour layover .. switching airports
- 12 Help with Rwanda trip
- 13 History Of Mount Kilimanjaro
- 14 Have you been to East Africa ?Ethiopia?
- 15 Tel Aviv beaches
- 16 trip report, morocco
- 17 Marrakech to Fes by bus
- 18 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September
- 19 Generic malarone now availbale in Canada
- 20 Morocco for 2 nights
- 21 Maldives, Seychelles or Mauritius??
- 22 Hotels in Nairobi
- 23 Who Plans and Packs for Your Bucket List Travel (Safari)
- 24 Rwanda trip report
- 25 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)