I am in the process of trying to plan a trip (for 2) to Southern Africa in Sept-Oct (could possibly travel in Aug or Nov). I contacted four different travel agents to determine the options available. 3/4 travel agents suggested the same trip and I provisionally reserved the trip with the agent that had the best availability. The 4th agent answered later than the others (after I provisionally reserved the trip with another agent) and again suggested the same trip, but also offered more comprehensive information and a couple more options (so I have preferred working with this agent). This is my first safari and I cannot decide which of the options they suggested would be best; I am interested in finding out if anyone has experience with any of these or similar trips.
The options are:
1) The trip that I have provisionally reserved: Wilderness Safari's Botswana Migration Routes mobile safari (travels to Xigera and Kwai regions of Okavango Delta (4 days), Savuti (1 day), Linyanti (2 days), Chobe (1 day) and Victoria Falls (Natural Mystic Lodge, Zambia side, 1 day).
2) South Botswana/South Africa: The second option is Mashatu Tented Camp (3 days), Coach House in Tzaneen (1 day), Djuma Bush Camp in Sabi Sands(3 days).
3) Zimbabwe: The third option is Little Makalolo Tented Camp in Hwange (3 days), combination of Ruckomechi/Chikwenya Camp or mobile canoe safari in Mana Pools (3 days), Victoria Falls (Ilala Lodge, 2 days).
With respect to what I am looking for...I wanted to stay in tented camps, but I think that this is beyond my budget for Botswana. I would like to see a variety of wildlife; I am hoping to see, I guess, the usual: lions, leopards, cheetah, elephants, hippo, giraffe, baboons, zebra, etc. However, I would also like to have a variety of activities available: canoe/boat trips, walking, night drives (I also would like to do a one-day elephant back safari from Victoria Falls and would have to add extra days to options 1) or 2) for this.). And, I would like to be able to get a sense of the wilderness of Africa. I am also concerned about any safety issues, particularly Zimbabwe.
Please let me know if you have any input regarding these options.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Ethiopian Holidays You Should Not Miss
- 2 http://fornatgaex.com/ethereal-skin-serum/
- 3 http://www.healthyapplechat.com/hydro-muscle-max-reviews/
- 4 Help with Flight Option: CMN or RAK
- 5 Best Wineries - 2-3 days in Franschhoek and Stellenbosch
- 6 Tentative Itinerary - what do you think?
- 7 First Time Safari Help...Use a tour or not?
- 8 Help with bags
- 9 Royal Air Maroc Dreamliner JFK-CMN and maybe connect to RAK
- 10 4 DAYS IN MOROCCO- AGADIR OR ESSAOUIRA??
- 11 MOROCCO FOR 10 DAYS
- 12 Morocco 6 days Itinerary..Need Help
- 13 Egypt Quickie Trip
- 14 where to go in africa
- 15 Israeli Tour Guides
- 16 Shopping in Morocco
- 17 Need 2-3 others to join Serengeti safari January 9-15, 2017
- 18 Weekend trip to a Middle Eastern City
- 19 HELP! 20+ days in Africa - First time ever trip
- 20 Tanzanian Safari, trip report
- 21 Chimps, Gorillas and Camels- a Tale of Three Countries
- 22 car hire from La Possession
- 23 Yellow Fever, visiting Tanzania
- 24 Short 3 nights in Morocco
- 25 Multi part trip anyone want to join for part or all