I want to go on safari either this year or early next year, have investigated lots but too scared to choose as I'll only do this once so don't want to go wrong. So these are the itineraries I have so hoping for pros/cons of each.
Kenya: 2 days in Samburu, 1 day in Aberdares, 1 day Lake Nakuru, , 2 days Masai Mara, 2 days amboseli.
2 Nights Mt Kenya, 2 nights Samburu, 1 night Lake Nakuru, 4 nights Masai Mara.
So the first of these, i can afford during the Migration, the 2nd itinerary I can't (I guess Mara is more expensive). The thing that worries me is that there will be too many people, too many cars in the backdrop etc.
Northern Circuit: 1 night Arusha National park (inc. canoeing safari), 1 night Lake Manyara, 2 nights Lake Eyasi (inc. hunting with bushmen), 2 nights Serengeti, 1 night Ngorogoro.
Southern Circuit: 3 nights Selous (inc. boat safari and walking safari), 2 Udzwunga, 2 nights Ruaha, 1 night Mikumi.
My concern with these are there is too much travelling between parks?
I can self organis this, but is Kruger Park as good as the above, if we do South Africa it will be 4 nights in Kruger (tips on where to stay please and drivers etc.), 4 nights in Cape Town and 2 nights whale watching in Hermanus.
Can't choose Safari destination!!!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Kirawira vs. Serengeti Serena
- 2 Seeking Itinerary Routing for 3 week SA Trip
- 3 We're going to Jordan and Israel
- 4 Anyone had to disembark the aircraft in Dakar enroute to Jo'burg?
- 5 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 6 16 Days in South Africa (Victoria Falls, Zimbawe & Botswana)
- 7 Morocco for 2 nights
- 8 Kenya and Tanzania Trip Planning Help
- 9 MOROCCO SOLO
- 10 Draft itinerary - Portugal, Spain, Morocco
- 11 February vs March in Tanzania - Dueling Trip Reports
- 12 Looking for out of the way places
- 13 Morocco on the road: trip report
- 14 Help: 4 days, 3 nights in (or our of) Johannesburg
- 15 Tanzania Safari
- 16 Sabi Sands camps
- 17 AHLA Tanzania Mt. Kilimanjaro & Safari 4 days
- 18 Maldives, Seychelles or Mauritius??
- 19 trip report, morocco
- 20 Photos from Sept 2013 Safari to Uganda
- 21 First Time in Israel Tour Suggestions
- 22 East Africa summer 2014
- 23 Cape Town Safety?
- 24 first time family safari in August 2014
- 25 BOTSWANA - Maun (Okavango) to Chobe - 4x4 self drive...