I want to go on safari either this year or early next year, have investigated lots but too scared to choose as I'll only do this once so don't want to go wrong. So these are the itineraries I have so hoping for pros/cons of each.
Kenya: 2 days in Samburu, 1 day in Aberdares, 1 day Lake Nakuru, , 2 days Masai Mara, 2 days amboseli.
2 Nights Mt Kenya, 2 nights Samburu, 1 night Lake Nakuru, 4 nights Masai Mara.
So the first of these, i can afford during the Migration, the 2nd itinerary I can't (I guess Mara is more expensive). The thing that worries me is that there will be too many people, too many cars in the backdrop etc.
Northern Circuit: 1 night Arusha National park (inc. canoeing safari), 1 night Lake Manyara, 2 nights Lake Eyasi (inc. hunting with bushmen), 2 nights Serengeti, 1 night Ngorogoro.
Southern Circuit: 3 nights Selous (inc. boat safari and walking safari), 2 Udzwunga, 2 nights Ruaha, 1 night Mikumi.
My concern with these are there is too much travelling between parks?
I can self organis this, but is Kruger Park as good as the above, if we do South Africa it will be 4 nights in Kruger (tips on where to stay please and drivers etc.), 4 nights in Cape Town and 2 nights whale watching in Hermanus.
Can't choose Safari destination!!!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Camping in Erg Chebbi -- are there bathrooms???
- 2 Overland trip Iceland to South Africa
- 3 Advice and Suggestions for Southern Africa - April or June / July?
- 4 Don't go to Morrocco!
- 5 2 days in Nairobi- hotel and guides!
- 6 South Africa trip advices
- 7 boutique hotel in tel aviv?
- 8 Kenya - July 2014 - Acacia House in Masai Mara area
- 9 Terrorism, Ebola - no more please
- 10 First time in Africa on safari
- 11 South Africa Peer-to-Peer Vehicle Rentals
- 12 Saruni Samburu & Tortilis Amboseli - An amazing experience
- 13 Erg Chebbi, a Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience!
- 14 2 Weeks In Iran: So Far Away From The Clichés!
- 15 Cairo Hotels and Safety
- 16 15 days, 5 walks, 4 medinas, 3 gal of mint tea, 2 camel rides, one Morocco!
- 17 Namibia - Camping Tour
- 18 Dubai Airport: is it safe for a woman traveling alone?
- 19 Two weeks in Qatar, how much money to budget?
- 20 Transport Available from Harare to Victoria Falls - 17 Aug 2014
- 21 Tanzania Safari - The Good, The Bad, The Unexpected and The Amazing!!
- 22 Staying out all day vs coming in for lunch in Botswana parks/concessions?
- 23 Binoculars for safari
- 24 South Luangwa Wild Dogs......article in NYTimes
- 25 Tipping