Our first trip to East Africa - we would be travelling with our 4 year daughter, for about 12 days in Kenya and Tanzania. The broad plan is to go to Mara, then move to Serengeti and Ngorongoro. We then need to choose between Amboseli or fly to Zanzibar for some beach time.
The number of operators and camps is quite overwhelming. I have gone through a lot of info and trip reports on this forum and some camps under consideration are:
- Andbeyond Kitchwa Tembo tented camp, Masai mara
- Serengati options within Andbeyond are really expensive. Here Lamai Serengati or Serengeti Safari camp by Nomad Tanzania looks like good options
- andbeyond Ngorongoro Crater Lodge is again ridicously expensive so alternative accommodation suggestions are needed here
- if we go to Amboseli, Tortilis looks like a good choice.
- if we go to Zanzibar, haven't figured out resort options as yet
Comments on the above camps and suggestions for camps in Ngorongoro crater and resorts in Zanzibar would be highly appreciated. We are looking at not basic tented accommodation. It needn't be opulent but creature comforts and good food is required.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Hire a driver for a week in Morocco
- 2 Yom Hazikaron
- 3 Yom Haatzmaut
- 4 Cape Town to Port Elizabeth, hidden gems not on the normal tourist path?
- 5 Morocco April Itinerary 10 days
- 6 Help please! Trying to plan an African trip!
- 7 Help with Kenya Safari plans.
- 8 May 10-July 10 in Africa
- 9 recomendation on African Safari company
- 10 Kenya Vs. tanzania
- 11 Comparing a few cities in Morocco
- 12 South African Safari Company Recommendations
- 13 Tour with friendly planet to SA in October 2016
- 14 One extra day in Jordan
- 15 Burkina Faso travel tips route tourist attractions photo gallery
- 16 Where to stay for a night in Johannesburg?
- 17 Recommendation on where to stay in Durban?
- 18 April Budget Safari - Tanzania
- 19 Israel in Late October or November?
- 20 One month in Africa
- 21 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda
- 22 Route planning and advice visiting Southern Africa by car.
- 23 Travel to Saudi Arabia
- 24 Snorkeling at Diani Beach
- 25 Madagascar - Books