Our first trip to East Africa - we would be travelling with our 4 year daughter, for about 12 days in Kenya and Tanzania. The broad plan is to go to Mara, then move to Serengeti and Ngorongoro. We then need to choose between Amboseli or fly to Zanzibar for some beach time.
The number of operators and camps is quite overwhelming. I have gone through a lot of info and trip reports on this forum and some camps under consideration are:
- Andbeyond Kitchwa Tembo tented camp, Masai mara
- Serengati options within Andbeyond are really expensive. Here Lamai Serengati or Serengeti Safari camp by Nomad Tanzania looks like good options
- andbeyond Ngorongoro Crater Lodge is again ridicously expensive so alternative accommodation suggestions are needed here
- if we go to Amboseli, Tortilis looks like a good choice.
- if we go to Zanzibar, haven't figured out resort options as yet
Comments on the above camps and suggestions for camps in Ngorongoro crater and resorts in Zanzibar would be highly appreciated. We are looking at not basic tented accommodation. It needn't be opulent but creature comforts and good food is required.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 CASABLANCA for 1 Day
- 2 15 days Morocco Itinerary Help please
- 3 What is worth seeing in November?
- 4 Tentative Itinerary - what do you think?
- 5 luggage for a weird itinerary
- 6 where to spend a night near JRO airport?
- 7 Marrakech - Which area to stay?
- 8 Middle Atlas or Chefchaouen
- 9 Trip to Merzouga
- 10 Lodge/Camp in Ruaha National Park
- 11 Uganda Visa
- 12 Border crossing (Bots-Zim-Zam)
- 13 Active Family's First Trip to Africa - South Africa or Botswana
- 14 Which one for safari: Bulele or Sabi Sands at Kruger - South Africa?
- 15 Help choosing Game Reserves in Kruger National Park, SouthAfrica
- 16 Purchase Tanzanite in Arusha/Tanzania
- 17 Marrakech Itinerary - Desert or Atlas?
- 18 safari private lodges - % off rack rates
- 19 Rwanda - Gorilla Trekking
- 20 Amazing Kenya - a must visit
- 21 beach visit after safari
- 22 Luggage restrictions-Kenya? Diani Beach?
- 23 Cape Town -safety
- 24 Uganda Trip Report
- 25 Tanzania Safari Itinerary Advice Needed - Mid-May 2017