Our first trip to East Africa - we would be travelling with our 4 year daughter, for about 12 days in Kenya and Tanzania. The broad plan is to go to Mara, then move to Serengeti and Ngorongoro. We then need to choose between Amboseli or fly to Zanzibar for some beach time.
The number of operators and camps is quite overwhelming. I have gone through a lot of info and trip reports on this forum and some camps under consideration are:
- Andbeyond Kitchwa Tembo tented camp, Masai mara
- Serengati options within Andbeyond are really expensive. Here Lamai Serengati or Serengeti Safari camp by Nomad Tanzania looks like good options
- andbeyond Ngorongoro Crater Lodge is again ridicously expensive so alternative accommodation suggestions are needed here
- if we go to Amboseli, Tortilis looks like a good choice.
- if we go to Zanzibar, haven't figured out resort options as yet
Comments on the above camps and suggestions for camps in Ngorongoro crater and resorts in Zanzibar would be highly appreciated. We are looking at not basic tented accommodation. It needn't be opulent but creature comforts and good food is required.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Trip Report Kenya 9 Days With Family
- 2 Marrakech
- 3 Binocular rentals
- 4 Dead Sea day trip
- 5 Victoria and Albert Cape Town renovation status
- 6 Southern Africa or Tanzania/Kenya for August 2018 Family Trip
- 7 Advice please: family SA safari August 2018
- 8 Kenya Visa Requirements/Fake Visa Site
- 9 Wayo Africa (Tanzania) Green Camps
- 10 FODOR'S GUIDE TO CLOTHING FOR SAFARI
- 11 Non Marlaia Africa or Brazil?
- 12 Itinerary Ideas
- 13 South Africa - Guidebook recommendation and other ??
- 14 Travel to Botswana
- 15 Iran travel itinerary -18 days April 2017
- 16 Loldia House Kenya
- 17 Kenya - Plastic Bags
- 18 gamer reserve, lodge, safari camp recommendations
- 19 South Africa visit: Cape Town and Kruger Park
- 20 several short safaris vs one longer one
- 21 How many Days for the Okavango Delta
- 22 Recommendations for busy coastal resorts in the Canaries
- 23 Restaurant in Cape Town
- 24 7 Days Climbing Mount Kilimanjaro.
- 25 Trip Report: Tanzania, Kenya & Zanzibar with MICATO May /June 2006