We'll be making our 4th trip to South Africa in August and trying to decide whether or not to go buy a new video camera or just rely on smartphones and our numerous Panasonic Lumix digital cameras for our safari videos. On our past trips we've always had a designated video camera and other cameras for "still" shots. My daughters insist that their phones (iPhone 4S & Android) and/or "still" cameras are all we need for videos but I worry about memory space and battery usage. In the past we have filmed at least 6-8 hours of video (over a 14 day period). Am I just old in thinking I need a separate video camera? If not, any recommendations?
Camcorder vs smartphone video vs still digital camera?
- 1 Our best trip ever - in Morocco
- 2 Morocco Tour Operators: Morocco Expert Tours
- 3 Yellow Fevor innoculation revisited
- 4 Most Romantic Places in Marrakech or Essaouira?
- 5 Mozambique 1 - 13 June 2013.
- 6 2 weeks in South Africa with teens
- 7 Help with Zambia itinerary? Victoria's Fall, South Luwangha NP
- 8 Africa Safari
- 9 Tanzania Feb 2013 -- my first but not last safari!
- 10 Morocco - private tour operators
- 11 Questions re Gorillas in Rwanda and money in both Rwanda and Tanzania
- 12 Morocco . . . Rough Around the Edges
- 13 Kruger Park trip
- 14 First time in Zimbawbe, SA, Safari, etc. Really need your help.
- 15 Exclusie use vehicles at Mala Mala and Londolozi
- 16 phone service
- 17 how to join a Kenya safari once in country
- 18 Qatar - Doha my photos
- 19 The Grace Hotel (Johannesburg) is closing
- 20 Kenya + Ngorongoro or Serengeti?
- 21 Ashdod to Jaffa and Tel Aviv
- 22 Haifa - Acre & the Baha'i Gardens
- 23 Marrakesh and Fez w/ side trip
- 24 What about Intrepid Travel as a tour company?
- 25 Amazing Safari Trip in Zimbabwe (Matopos-Hwange & Victoria Falls)