I will be in Egypt and Jordan for three weeks soon, and have been trying to figure out the best method for calling my elderly parents in the U.S. when I am there. A related issue is that I would like to bring my laptop computer (so I could use Skype, although I can't figure out how much that costs to use for calling a landline phone in the US), but am not sure what to do with it on days in which I check out of one hotel in the morning and don't check into another hotel until that evening. I will be going on a tour organized by Lady Egypt, including a Nile cruise. Any advice/information/recommendations concerning (1) the most convenient/reasonable way to call landline phones in the US and (2) whether it is possible to take a laptop on a Lady Egypt tour would be much appreciated!
Calls to US from Egypt and Jordan
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 The African Guide to Balloon Safari
- 2 Rwanda, Uganda and Tanzania
- 3 Zambia Impressions
- 4 Taste of Dubai
- 5 Now is the Time fo Egypt...
- 6 Morocco floods - areas affected
- 7 Zanzibar - from a resident's perspective
- 8 Magnificent wedding in the Masai Mara
- 9 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 10 Travel Report for Malawi - A Great Place To Relax
- 11 Serengeti Photo Safari - April 2015
- 12 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 13 Comments on Botswana itinerary with Wilderness Travel
- 14 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 15 Dubai first time
- 16 Mauritius September 2015 - Silver Beach Resort or Emeraude Beach Attitude?
- 17 Don't go to Morrocco!
- 18 Where to spend extra night; Merzouga or Skoura?
- 19 Canoe Safari Jan - Feb
- 20 Dubai and/or Oman
- 21 Good travel company to book an 8 day trip to Egypt
- 22 Need advice on which camera lenses for safari
- 23 Morocco Advice
- 24 MOROCCO SOLO
- 25 Guide for Serengeti Wildebeest Migration Jan 2015