I will be in Egypt and Jordan for three weeks soon, and have been trying to figure out the best method for calling my elderly parents in the U.S. when I am there. A related issue is that I would like to bring my laptop computer (so I could use Skype, although I can't figure out how much that costs to use for calling a landline phone in the US), but am not sure what to do with it on days in which I check out of one hotel in the morning and don't check into another hotel until that evening. I will be going on a tour organized by Lady Egypt, including a Nile cruise. Any advice/information/recommendations concerning (1) the most convenient/reasonable way to call landline phones in the US and (2) whether it is possible to take a laptop on a Lady Egypt tour would be much appreciated!
Calls to US from Egypt and Jordan
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 We're going to Jordan and Israel
- 2 Seeking Itinerary Routing for 3 week SA Trip
- 3 Help needed with itinerary for 2 weeks in Morocco
- 4 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)
- 5 Kirawira vs. Serengeti Serena
- 6 Anyone had to disembark the aircraft in Dakar enroute to Jo'burg?
- 7 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 8 16 Days in South Africa (Victoria Falls, Zimbawe & Botswana)
- 9 Morocco for 2 nights
- 10 Kenya and Tanzania Trip Planning Help
- 11 MOROCCO SOLO
- 12 Draft itinerary - Portugal, Spain, Morocco
- 13 February vs March in Tanzania - Dueling Trip Reports
- 14 Looking for out of the way places
- 15 Morocco on the road: trip report
- 16 Help: 4 days, 3 nights in (or our of) Johannesburg
- 17 Tanzania Safari
- 18 Sabi Sands camps
- 19 AHLA Tanzania Mt. Kilimanjaro & Safari 4 days
- 20 Maldives, Seychelles or Mauritius??
- 21 trip report, morocco
- 22 Photos from Sept 2013 Safari to Uganda
- 23 First Time in Israel Tour Suggestions
- 24 East Africa summer 2014
- 25 Cape Town Safety?