I will be in Egypt and Jordan for three weeks soon, and have been trying to figure out the best method for calling my elderly parents in the U.S. when I am there. A related issue is that I would like to bring my laptop computer (so I could use Skype, although I can't figure out how much that costs to use for calling a landline phone in the US), but am not sure what to do with it on days in which I check out of one hotel in the morning and don't check into another hotel until that evening. I will be going on a tour organized by Lady Egypt, including a Nile cruise. Any advice/information/recommendations concerning (1) the most convenient/reasonable way to call landline phones in the US and (2) whether it is possible to take a laptop on a Lady Egypt tour would be much appreciated!
Calls to US from Egypt and Jordan
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Trip report/blog - South Africa honeymoon
- 2 Trip report about self-driving in Northern Namibia for 2 weeks in May 2014
- 3 To go to Israel or not?
- 4 Israel/Jordan -- other trip options to bypass Israel?
- 5 Lamu or Zanzibar?
- 6 Eastern Cape Lodges
- 7 Questions about Chobe
- 8 FOREX Nairobi airport
- 9 Best Month for Experiencing The Great Migration
- 10 Dubai > Oman?
- 11 Dubai > Seychelles hop
- 12 Botswana Green Season 2014/15 Camp discounted pricing
- 13 trip report s africa, victoria falls & Botswana Zambezi Queen
- 14 Morocco Tour: Marrakech Fes Merzouga Camel Trek in Sahara
- 15 Tanzania (Selous): Trip Report for Lake Manze Camp
- 16 Tanzania (Selous): Trip Report for Selous Impala Camp
- 17 Tanzania (Ruaha): Trip Report for Mwagusi Camp
- 18 Masai Mara Epic Big Five and Wildbeast Migration
- 19 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)
- 20 Wild Dogs (Lycaon pictus) seen in Samburu Kenya
- 21 Awesome trip and still not done
- 22 South Africa
- 23 Some Cape Town hotel - day tour suggestions?
- 24 2 weeks in Oman - Our experience
- 25 Private Conservancy Recommendations