As I read all of these threads I see that most of you are doing your African Safaris in East Africa, specifically Kenya and Tanzania. Is there a reason that these areas have been chosen instead of Botswana with a stop at Victoria Falls and Capetown. As some of you have answered some of my questions before we are looking at 2007 sometime between June and September depending on ability to get business class on airline. I have read almost everything you all write and it is better than any travel book, but I am still unclear how and why various destinations are chosen. This is our first trip to Africa and possibly our only one, so I need to get the most bang for the buck. We will have about 17 days which includes flying time. I might get my husband to stretch the time a little but not much. Again a lot depends on the airline.
Botswana VS Kenya/Tanzania
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Have you been to East Africa ?Ethiopia?
- 2 First Time in Israel Tour Suggestions
- 3 Tel Aviv beaches
- 4 Memory cards for camera
- 5 Self Drive SA, Botswana, Zimbabwe - help, 4x4 hire/border restrictions
- 6 place to sleep near airport for a 6 hour layover .. switching airports
- 7 trip report, morocco
- 8 Marrakech to Fes by bus
- 9 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September
- 10 Generic malarone now availbale in Canada
- 11 Morocco for 2 nights
- 12 Help with Rwanda trip
- 13 Maldives, Seychelles or Mauritius??
- 14 Sabi Sands camps
- 15 Hotels in Nairobi
- 16 Who Plans and Packs for Your Bucket List Travel (Safari)
- 17 Rwanda trip report
- 18 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)
- 19 A Couple of Questions Regarding My Itinerary
- 20 Petra in August, Petra by Night?
- 21 israel and petra
- 22 Tentative Israel/Jordan Itinerary...help
- 23 Help with Kruger Park itinerary
- 24 Israel and Petra
- 25 Eilat - Petra and the Dead Sea