Hi all Fodorites
I've had some great advice from this forum recently and hoping you can also help me with this.
We're planning to safari in January 2010, beginning with a self-drive Kruger. Then we plan to come back to Johannesburg, fly to Vic Falls and spend about 5 days there for the Falls but also hopefully for a few days on safari - Botswana/Chobe? Ideally we'd like to drive ourselves (we have a small budget!) but I understand it may be too wet for us to try and drive ourselves at this time of year.
Would someone please like to give us some advice on whether we should self-drive, or alternatively recommend an inexpensive way of seeing the wildlife in the area?
We're also working on plans for an overland tour for about 10 days in Tanzania, in order to make the best of our wildlife opportunities in Africa.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Votofel force
- 2 Lower Zambezi vs. Northern So. Luangwa
- 3 Africa – after 10 years of waiting – an amazing and wondrous journey.
- 4 Israel Trip - Very Early Planning Stage
- 5 Other than car rental how to get to Kruger from Johannesburg?
- 6 nearby game lodge from Johannesburg
- 7 Safari in South Africa
- 8 City Day guides and Sahara adventure
- 9 November Safari Help: Botswana or Kruger?
- 10 Safari in Kruger National Park
- 11 Family4Travels to Israel & Petra -matzos, mezze and Menachem!!
- 12 Sabi Sands Savanna Private Reserve vs Timbavati Motswari Game Lodge
- 13 Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe and Zambia) - Travel Report
- 14 Safari travel agent suggestions?
- 15 Straight through to Kenya or layover?
- 16 Southern Africa or Tanzania/Kenya for August 2018 Family Trip
- 17 Advise on Hotel stay and attractions visit in Casablanca
- 18 Experience of using Namibia Tracks and Trails
- 19 Transfer time at JNB Intl. airport
- 20 Sabi Sands areavs Motswari Timbavati area
- 21 Kilimanjaro Tour Operators
- 22 Egypt in 6 days itinerary - please advise
- 23 Going to Israel end of October. Maybe silly, but what shoes to bring?
- 24 Advice on private tour Morocco
- 25 Where are the best safaris in Africa?
Hi all Fodorites