We have visited Kenya, Tanzania and South Africa on a number of occasions and are now thinking of Botswana in either July or October 2012. From reading various threads I understand that the game patterns have changed in the last 18 months as a result of heavy rains (eg the now flowing Selinda Spillway).
We are not overly worried about mekero trips - our main objective is high quality game drives (carnivores in particular) and we would not want to visit areas where game drives are significantly limited becaues of flooding. Where do the Botswana experts suggest we visit ?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 FODOR'S GUIDE TO CLOTHING FOR SAFARI
- 2 Isreal
- 3 Safari travel agent suggestions?
- 4 First Time Safari Help...Use a tour or not?
- 5 Binocular rentals
- 6 Namibia: any suggestion for a 3 weeks self drive roundtrip?
- 7 Marrakech
- 8 Trip Report Kenya 9 Days With Family
- 9 Dead Sea day trip
- 10 Victoria and Albert Cape Town renovation status
- 11 Southern Africa or Tanzania/Kenya for August 2018 Family Trip
- 12 Advice please: family SA safari August 2018
- 13 Kenya Visa Requirements/Fake Visa Site
- 14 Wayo Africa (Tanzania) Green Camps
- 15 Non Marlaia Africa or Brazil?
- 16 Itinerary Ideas
- 17 South Africa - Guidebook recommendation and other ??
- 18 Travel to Botswana
- 19 Iran travel itinerary -18 days April 2017
- 20 Loldia House Kenya
- 21 Kenya - Plastic Bags
- 22 gamer reserve, lodge, safari camp recommendations
- 23 South Africa visit: Cape Town and Kruger Park
- 24 several short safaris vs one longer one
- 25 How many Days for the Okavango Delta