We have visited Kenya, Tanzania and South Africa on a number of occasions and are now thinking of Botswana in either July or October 2012. From reading various threads I understand that the game patterns have changed in the last 18 months as a result of heavy rains (eg the now flowing Selinda Spillway).
We are not overly worried about mekero trips - our main objective is high quality game drives (carnivores in particular) and we would not want to visit areas where game drives are significantly limited becaues of flooding. Where do the Botswana experts suggest we visit ?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 ISRAEL on SATURDAY - Transport
- 2 Anybody used Classic Africa to plan a safari?
- 3 A month in Africa - how to spend the time
- 4 Two Weeks in Capetown, want to add a safari
- 5 Safari buddies - late August
- 6 Just Back: Taming Kilimanjaro and northern Tanzania
- 7 Kruger
- 8 Americans in Iran - an amazing 1-month trip
- 9 Dennis's Trip Report: Caprivi Strip, Vic Falls and Hwange Park, Zimbabwe
- 10 Best African safari destination – in addition to Masai Mara Conservancy?
- 11 Morocco Trip Report
- 12 FRS Ferry between Tarifa and Tangier
- 13 Seychelles, Mauritius and South Africa Trip Report
- 14 Five Thousand Years in 19 days - Pyramids, Tombs, Camels and a River
- 15 Migration into the Mara early this year
- 16 Namibia.It has suddenly dawned on me.
- 17 Well traveled...but not in Africa. Need help with itineraries!
- 18 Wild Dog Pups and Brown Hyenas: A Volunteer Adventure in South Africa
- 19 Wondering about airfare for 2016 Kenya safari
- 20 Nairobi airport - any updates?
- 21 Tanzania camping safari itinerary
- 22 Help needed getting from Tel Aviv Airport to Eilat
- 23 Car Rentals in Israel
- 24 PORT SAID/CAIRO - 1 DAY off cruise ship
- 25 Travelling with my elderly Mum to Jordan, Israel and PA