We are currently planning our first trip to Africa. Main focus will be a fly-in safari in Botswana. Timing will be early May. We are very interested in photography and definitely hope to have some big cat sightings.
One itinerary proposal we are considering is:
3 nights Camp Kalahari
3 nights Nxabega
2 nights Selinda
2 nights Ngoma
Main questions we have are:
- for early May, which is a better experience Central Kalahari GR or Makgadikgadi Pans?
- what is average transit time between the Nxabega, Selinda and Ngoma camps?
- is 2 nights at each of Selinda and Ngoma too few? Will this leave us feeling rushed?
- safari vehicles - have read different things about seating configurations - 2 rows vs 3 rows. Anybody know what above listed camps are using?
Feel free to share suggestions! Thanks very much!
Botswana fly-in safari itinerary input please
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Morrocco and Cash
- 2 Don't go to Morrocco!
- 3 Car Hire Victoria Mahe Seychelles
- 4 Sabi Sand Game Reserve Expert (Skukuza, South Africa)
- 5 Kenya - July 2014 - Acacia House in Masai Mara area
- 6 Overland trip Iceland to South Africa
- 7 Kenya,Tanzania and Zanzibar Travel Tips
- 8 Advice and Suggestions for Southern Africa - April or June / July?
- 9 South Africa trip advices
- 10 Dubai transit with different connecting flights
- 11 Questions on 10 day Morocco winter vacation
- 12 boutique hotel in tel aviv?
- 13 Tour to Morocco
- 14 Rhino conservation in S Africa
- 15 2 days in Nairobi- hotel and guides!
- 16 Erg Chebbi, a Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience!
- 17 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 18 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 19 Camping in Erg Chebbi -- are there bathrooms???
- 20 Terrorism, Ebola - no more please
- 21 First time in Africa on safari
- 22 South Africa Peer-to-Peer Vehicle Rentals
- 23 Saruni Samburu & Tortilis Amboseli - An amazing experience
- 24 2 Weeks In Iran: So Far Away From The Clichés!
- 25 Cairo Hotels and Safety