We are currently planning our first trip to Africa. Main focus will be a fly-in safari in Botswana. Timing will be early May. We are very interested in photography and definitely hope to have some big cat sightings.
One itinerary proposal we are considering is:
3 nights Camp Kalahari
3 nights Nxabega
2 nights Selinda
2 nights Ngoma
Main questions we have are:
- for early May, which is a better experience Central Kalahari GR or Makgadikgadi Pans?
- what is average transit time between the Nxabega, Selinda and Ngoma camps?
- is 2 nights at each of Selinda and Ngoma too few? Will this leave us feeling rushed?
- safari vehicles - have read different things about seating configurations - 2 rows vs 3 rows. Anybody know what above listed camps are using?
Feel free to share suggestions! Thanks very much!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 A First Journey to Southern Africa: Cape, Falls, and Animal Safaris
- 2 Trip to Kenya in August 2016
- 3 Never use Travelust Safaris!
- 4 Lion Sands River Lodge or Narina Lodge
- 5 Swala Safaris
- 6 First time safari question
- 7 Safety at Sharm el sheikh and St Catherine's
- 8 Dubai
- 9 FloShuttle. from Ben Gurion airport
- 10 Help choosing Safari in Botswana
- 11 Driving from Jo-burg to Hazyview
- 12 To drive or not to drive - need itinerary advice
- 13 Back in Iran again-just 11 days, help!
- 14 6 Days in the Danakil Depression - An Experience of a Life Time!
- 15 Help with last minute planning VFalls/Kruger/CapeTown
- 16 Etosha help
- 17 &Beyond vs. Wilderness Groups
- 18 East Africa Safari 1st Time- Summer 2016
- 19 private game reserve-kruger
- 20 Abu Dhabi and the Rest?
- 21 Dubai for 36 hours hotel recommendation
- 22 go2africa
- 23 Fabulous Feb. 2016 Rwanda, Tanzania and Kenya Trip
- 24 NAMIBIA rent a car from Windhoek Airport
- 25 My Topic Titlelas mountains