We are currently planning our first trip to Africa. Main focus will be a fly-in safari in Botswana. Timing will be early May. We are very interested in photography and definitely hope to have some big cat sightings.
One itinerary proposal we are considering is:
3 nights Camp Kalahari
3 nights Nxabega
2 nights Selinda
2 nights Ngoma
Main questions we have are:
- for early May, which is a better experience Central Kalahari GR or Makgadikgadi Pans?
- what is average transit time between the Nxabega, Selinda and Ngoma camps?
- is 2 nights at each of Selinda and Ngoma too few? Will this leave us feeling rushed?
- safari vehicles - have read different things about seating configurations - 2 rows vs 3 rows. Anybody know what above listed camps are using?
Feel free to share suggestions! Thanks very much!
Botswana fly-in safari itinerary input please
- 1 My trip to Egypt .....
- 2 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 3 Back from our self-drive in the northern circuit
- 4 Botswana Flights to the Kwando camps
- 5 Questions on 10 day Morocco winter vacation
- 6 WHERE TO? Botswana? Tanzania? South Africa?
- 7 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 8 Clothes in Uganda
- 9 Visit Gorilas in Uganda
- 10 Highlights and Photos: Self-drive Kenya & Tanzania August 2009
- 11 3 weeks in Uganda - Our Experience
- 12 Tanzania, Kili, Camels and Horses
- 13 Homestay Accomodation
- 14 A new Tourism Region - Zambesia
- 15 Selous game reserve
- 16 Morocco with Desert Majesty
- 17 Safari and Beach in June
- 18 Grootberg Lodge & Camp Kipwe in Damaraland, Namibia
- 19 Israel and Jordan as a winter break, Pt. 2
- 20 Group Trip to Israel
- 21 Help with travel plans for Dubai
- 22 south african safari in Nov/Dec
- 23 Predator Safari Njema with the KiliWarriors!
- 24 Crossing from Israel to Jordan: Need advice and encouragement. And Advice.
- 25 Dubai Airport to cruise terminal