We are currently planning our first trip to Africa. Main focus will be a fly-in safari in Botswana. Timing will be early May. We are very interested in photography and definitely hope to have some big cat sightings.
One itinerary proposal we are considering is:
3 nights Camp Kalahari
3 nights Nxabega
2 nights Selinda
2 nights Ngoma
Main questions we have are:
- for early May, which is a better experience Central Kalahari GR or Makgadikgadi Pans?
- what is average transit time between the Nxabega, Selinda and Ngoma camps?
- is 2 nights at each of Selinda and Ngoma too few? Will this leave us feeling rushed?
- safari vehicles - have read different things about seating configurations - 2 rows vs 3 rows. Anybody know what above listed camps are using?
Feel free to share suggestions! Thanks very much!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Fes opinion and rates + video
- 2 Advice, please: Addo Elephant Park to Cape Town AIrport on Garden Route
- 3 Keep watching the news and DON'T believe my trip report
- 4 6 Nights in Morocco want the desert.
- 5 Rabat opinion and prices in Rabat + video
- 6 Flooding at Ngamba Island
- 7 Insect Repellent
- 8 Feedback on Victoria Falls visit please
- 9 First Attempt South Africa Itinerary - Advice Please
- 10 Israel in April - itinerary help
- 11 Help Us With Our Trip to Morocco
- 12 house exchange
- 13 TRIP REPORT – 5 fantastic weeks in South Africa, Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe) and Mauritius
- 14 casablanca airport taxis
- 15 Is it Possible to Buy Advance Tickets to the Hassan 2 Mosque?
- 16 Now is a GREAT time to visit Egypt! (Trip Report)
- 17 Marrakech, Demnate, Essaouira on slow
- 18 Which Would you Recommend as an Outdoor Day trip from Marrakech?-Imlil or Cascades d'Ouzod
- 19 Tiberias with kids
- 20 Lion World
- 21 East Africa Safari 1st Time- Summer 2016
- 22 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda
- 23 Kgalagadi Transfrontier NP
- 24 Mpumalanga visit
- 25 safe areas to go on safari