We are currently planning our first trip to Africa. Main focus will be a fly-in safari in Botswana. Timing will be early May. We are very interested in photography and definitely hope to have some big cat sightings.
One itinerary proposal we are considering is:
3 nights Camp Kalahari
3 nights Nxabega
2 nights Selinda
2 nights Ngoma
Main questions we have are:
- for early May, which is a better experience Central Kalahari GR or Makgadikgadi Pans?
- what is average transit time between the Nxabega, Selinda and Ngoma camps?
- is 2 nights at each of Selinda and Ngoma too few? Will this leave us feeling rushed?
- safari vehicles - have read different things about seating configurations - 2 rows vs 3 rows. Anybody know what above listed camps are using?
Feel free to share suggestions! Thanks very much!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Isreal
- 2 First Time Safari Help...Use a tour or not?
- 3 Namibia: any suggestion for a 3 weeks self drive roundtrip?
- 4 Safari travel agent suggestions?
- 5 Marrakech
- 6 Binocular rentals
- 7 Trip Report Kenya 9 Days With Family
- 8 Dead Sea day trip
- 9 Victoria and Albert Cape Town renovation status
- 10 Southern Africa or Tanzania/Kenya for August 2018 Family Trip
- 11 Advice please: family SA safari August 2018
- 12 Kenya Visa Requirements/Fake Visa Site
- 13 Wayo Africa (Tanzania) Green Camps
- 14 FODOR'S GUIDE TO CLOTHING FOR SAFARI
- 15 Non Marlaia Africa or Brazil?
- 16 Itinerary Ideas
- 17 South Africa - Guidebook recommendation and other ??
- 18 Travel to Botswana
- 19 Iran travel itinerary -18 days April 2017
- 20 Loldia House Kenya
- 21 Kenya - Plastic Bags
- 22 gamer reserve, lodge, safari camp recommendations
- 23 South Africa visit: Cape Town and Kruger Park
- 24 several short safaris vs one longer one
- 25 How many Days for the Okavango Delta