We are currently planning our first trip to Africa. Main focus will be a fly-in safari in Botswana. Timing will be early May. We are very interested in photography and definitely hope to have some big cat sightings.
One itinerary proposal we are considering is:
3 nights Camp Kalahari
3 nights Nxabega
2 nights Selinda
2 nights Ngoma
Main questions we have are:
- for early May, which is a better experience Central Kalahari GR or Makgadikgadi Pans?
- what is average transit time between the Nxabega, Selinda and Ngoma camps?
- is 2 nights at each of Selinda and Ngoma too few? Will this leave us feeling rushed?
- safari vehicles - have read different things about seating configurations - 2 rows vs 3 rows. Anybody know what above listed camps are using?
Feel free to share suggestions! Thanks very much!
Botswana fly-in safari itinerary input please
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Morocco in April 2014
- 2 Quick question about Kenya..
- 3 Tanzania: Ruaha & Selous in June
- 4 Green Season Safari Questions
- 5 Dubai - to go or not to go?
- 6 need private tour guide for Jordan
- 7 We're going to Jordan and Israel
- 8 Connect Hemisphere Safaris - BEWARE: Fraudulent, Incompetent
- 9 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 10 Choosing Between Africa Odyssey, Africa Adventure Company, & andBeyond
- 11 South Africa escorted tour - your comments please!
- 12 Choosing A Morocco Tour Operator?
- 13 Proposed Zambia Itinerary Update
- 14 Anyone going to Tanzania soon ?
- 15 Saudi Arabia and Oman?
- 16 Best time to go to South Africa?
- 17 Uganda Travel Planning
- 18 Israel and Jordan
- 19 Tour of Morocco, is this a good one?
- 20 Tel Aviv Special Occasion Restaurant
- 21 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September
- 22 Ethiopia Omo valley tour(March 21-28)- Need a travel partner
- 23 Northern Circuit tour company
- 24 Delta trip Aug/28-9/10 Sooooo excited!!
- 25 Oman Trip Report