We are currently planning our first trip to Africa. Main focus will be a fly-in safari in Botswana. Timing will be early May. We are very interested in photography and definitely hope to have some big cat sightings.
One itinerary proposal we are considering is:
3 nights Camp Kalahari
3 nights Nxabega
2 nights Selinda
2 nights Ngoma
Main questions we have are:
- for early May, which is a better experience Central Kalahari GR or Makgadikgadi Pans?
- what is average transit time between the Nxabega, Selinda and Ngoma camps?
- is 2 nights at each of Selinda and Ngoma too few? Will this leave us feeling rushed?
- safari vehicles - have read different things about seating configurations - 2 rows vs 3 rows. Anybody know what above listed camps are using?
Feel free to share suggestions! Thanks very much!
Botswana fly-in safari itinerary input please
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 2 Seeking Itinerary Routing for 3 week SA Trip
- 3 Cape Town Safety?
- 4 first time family safari in August 2014
- 5 BOTSWANA - Maun (Okavango) to Chobe - 4x4 self drive...
- 6 Memory cards for camera
- 7 Self Drive SA, Botswana, Zimbabwe - help, 4x4 hire/border restrictions
- 8 First Time in Israel Tour Suggestions
- 9 Sabi Sands camps
- 10 Questions on 10 day Morocco winter vacation
- 11 London to Tel aviv What to expect at BG /Trans to Tel aviv / booking.com
- 12 place to sleep near airport for a 6 hour layover .. switching airports
- 13 Help with Rwanda trip
- 14 History Of Mount Kilimanjaro
- 15 Have you been to East Africa ?Ethiopia?
- 16 Tel Aviv beaches
- 17 trip report, morocco
- 18 Marrakech to Fes by bus
- 19 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September
- 20 Generic malarone now availbale in Canada
- 21 Morocco for 2 nights
- 22 Maldives, Seychelles or Mauritius??
- 23 Hotels in Nairobi
- 24 Who Plans and Packs for Your Bucket List Travel (Safari)
- 25 Rwanda trip report