We are currently planning our first trip to Africa. Main focus will be a fly-in safari in Botswana. Timing will be early May. We are very interested in photography and definitely hope to have some big cat sightings.
One itinerary proposal we are considering is:
3 nights Camp Kalahari
3 nights Nxabega
2 nights Selinda
2 nights Ngoma
Main questions we have are:
- for early May, which is a better experience Central Kalahari GR or Makgadikgadi Pans?
- what is average transit time between the Nxabega, Selinda and Ngoma camps?
- is 2 nights at each of Selinda and Ngoma too few? Will this leave us feeling rushed?
- safari vehicles - have read different things about seating configurations - 2 rows vs 3 rows. Anybody know what above listed camps are using?
Feel free to share suggestions! Thanks very much!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 2 Trips to Uganda: my experience
- 2 Itinerary Help - South Africa
- 3 61 year old traveling to Kenya/Tanzania by myself
- 4 Trip Report: Leaf Leopards & Stone Lions: Kamping in Kruger
- 5 Solo/female/40's US traveler req tour operator recommendations
- 6 Need tour operator for Tanzania and Kenya
- 7 Self drive tour south africa
- 8 Skip Victoria Falls for more Cape Town?
- 9 Elandskloof Farm Cottages near Greyton in the Western Cape
- 10 Packing for a month in Southern Africa
- 11 Duba activities - help deciding
- 12 Itinerary Input for Northern Israel with Kids
- 13 Private Guide for Cairo
- 14 African Safari/BeachTrip possible in 2 weeks?
- 15 Zimbabwe - Game Viewing in Hwange and Mana Pools?
- 16 Texting from US to Israel
- 17 Itinerary Ideas
- 18 Son of Cecil shot by trophy hunter in Hwange
- 19 Once again last minute short trip to South Africa
- 20 recommendations for first Africa safari?
- 21 Lamu Island or Diani Beach
- 22 first family kenyan safari trip report
- 23 Dubai for 3 Days (2 nights)
- 24 Naukluft Hiking Trail travel companions wanted
- 25 Passport pages stuck together