We are currently planning our first trip to Africa. Main focus will be a fly-in safari in Botswana. Timing will be early May. We are very interested in photography and definitely hope to have some big cat sightings.
One itinerary proposal we are considering is:
3 nights Camp Kalahari
3 nights Nxabega
2 nights Selinda
2 nights Ngoma
Main questions we have are:
- for early May, which is a better experience Central Kalahari GR or Makgadikgadi Pans?
- what is average transit time between the Nxabega, Selinda and Ngoma camps?
- is 2 nights at each of Selinda and Ngoma too few? Will this leave us feeling rushed?
- safari vehicles - have read different things about seating configurations - 2 rows vs 3 rows. Anybody know what above listed camps are using?
Feel free to share suggestions! Thanks very much!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 http://x4up.org/pure-nitro-max/
- 2 Yom Hazikaron
- 3 Yom Haatzmaut
- 4 Cape Town to Port Elizabeth, hidden gems not on the normal tourist path?
- 5 Hire a driver for a week in Morocco
- 6 Morocco April Itinerary 10 days
- 7 Help please! Trying to plan an African trip!
- 8 Help with Kenya Safari plans.
- 9 May 10-July 10 in Africa
- 10 recomendation on African Safari company
- 11 Kenya Vs. tanzania
- 12 Comparing a few cities in Morocco
- 13 South African Safari Company Recommendations
- 14 Tour with friendly planet to SA in October 2016
- 15 One extra day in Jordan
- 16 Burkina Faso travel tips route tourist attractions photo gallery
- 17 Where to stay for a night in Johannesburg?
- 18 Recommendation on where to stay in Durban?
- 19 April Budget Safari - Tanzania
- 20 Israel in Late October or November?
- 21 One month in Africa
- 22 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda
- 23 Route planning and advice visiting Southern Africa by car.
- 24 Travel to Saudi Arabia
- 25 Snorkeling at Diani Beach