I am planning a trip to Botswana in December 2011 and been looking at the exhausting list of camps and lodges. Because it is December, I am trying to shortlist camps that will not be as seasonally compromised from a game viewing point of view. I am not up for a lodge/camp whose main selling point is 'fancy' 'relaxed' etc but if the game justifies it, then I do not have any issues against the expensive camps. Obviously the W-S camps are the most marketed and in my point of view justifiably so. However I am simultaneously looking at alternatives to the W-S camps where I could save a few $$$$ that I could then spend on quality guiding. I looked at the option for mobile safaris and have decided to keep that for more 'experienced' subsequent visits. Hence what I am really looking for are good camps with great game experience ( the best for that time of the year) and build a custom safari around it. I have roughly 15 nights to be fully used in Bots and will travel alone. Any thoughts and ideas would be very helpful.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 2 Trip Report : Mauritius and Rodrigues
- 3 First Trip to Africa, first safari...which itinerary should I go with?
- 4 South African Safari Company Recommendations
- 5 Help please! Trying to plan an African trip!
- 6 Help with Kenya Safari plans.
- 7 Cape Town to Port Elizabeth, hidden gems not on the normal tourist path?
- 8 Hire a driver for a week in Morocco
- 9 Yom Hazikaron
- 10 Yom Haatzmaut
- 11 Morocco April Itinerary 10 days
- 12 May 10-July 10 in Africa
- 13 recomendation on African Safari company
- 14 Kenya Vs. tanzania
- 15 Comparing a few cities in Morocco
- 16 Tour with friendly planet to SA in October 2016
- 17 One extra day in Jordan
- 18 Burkina Faso travel tips route tourist attractions photo gallery
- 19 Where to stay for a night in Johannesburg?
- 20 Recommendation on where to stay in Durban?
- 21 April Budget Safari - Tanzania
- 22 Israel in Late October or November?
- 23 One month in Africa
- 24 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda
- 25 Route planning and advice visiting Southern Africa by car.