I am planning a trip to Botswana in December 2011 and been looking at the exhausting list of camps and lodges. Because it is December, I am trying to shortlist camps that will not be as seasonally compromised from a game viewing point of view. I am not up for a lodge/camp whose main selling point is 'fancy' 'relaxed' etc but if the game justifies it, then I do not have any issues against the expensive camps. Obviously the W-S camps are the most marketed and in my point of view justifiably so. However I am simultaneously looking at alternatives to the W-S camps where I could save a few $$$$ that I could then spend on quality guiding. I looked at the option for mobile safaris and have decided to keep that for more 'experienced' subsequent visits. Hence what I am really looking for are good camps with great game experience ( the best for that time of the year) and build a custom safari around it. I have roughly 15 nights to be fully used in Bots and will travel alone. Any thoughts and ideas would be very helpful.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Hunting allowed in South Africa?
- 2 Guide needed in Cape Town?
- 3 5 nights in Cape Town - 5 restaurants
- 4 South Africa safari, Cape town self drive trip plan- many questions
- 5 Cape Town Itinerary
- 6 SOUTH AFRICAN SAFARI TRIP-JULY 2015
- 7 Gorrillas in Rwanda
- 8 Malawi with kiddos
- 9 Zimbabwe traveling solo
- 10 Southern Africa Safari Trip—Best Vacation Ever!!
- 11 Extended wait time at JNB airport
- 12 Capetown, Garden Route & Safari
- 13 Mauritius info request please
- 14 South Africa- Capetown/Safari Planning Help Please
- 15 Tanzania and Kenya tour company?
- 16 New Visa Rules on arrival for Kenya W.E.F 01 July 2015
- 17 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda
- 18 WiFi on Safari
- 19 Travel within Africa
- 20 Cape Town - things to do IN THE CITY and where to stay?
- 21 In South Africa, What do Hotels Mean by "Tea and Coffee-making Facilities"?
- 22 Israel itinerary planning
- 23 Africa, closer than ever before?
- 24 Capetown 3-day itinerary?
- 25 My experience of 8 day tour in Morocco