I am planning a trip to Botswana in December 2011 and been looking at the exhausting list of camps and lodges. Because it is December, I am trying to shortlist camps that will not be as seasonally compromised from a game viewing point of view. I am not up for a lodge/camp whose main selling point is 'fancy' 'relaxed' etc but if the game justifies it, then I do not have any issues against the expensive camps. Obviously the W-S camps are the most marketed and in my point of view justifiably so. However I am simultaneously looking at alternatives to the W-S camps where I could save a few $$$$ that I could then spend on quality guiding. I looked at the option for mobile safaris and have decided to keep that for more 'experienced' subsequent visits. Hence what I am really looking for are good camps with great game experience ( the best for that time of the year) and build a custom safari around it. I have roughly 15 nights to be fully used in Bots and will travel alone. Any thoughts and ideas would be very helpful.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Israel Transportation
- 2 Kenya Safari Tour Operator Recommendations
- 3 Chaos in the old Medina-Marrakech
- 4 upcoming Africa trip ... gift ideas needed?
- 5 Free walking tours Medina Marrakech ???
- 6 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 7 What you do not know about East Africa.
- 8 Morocco Trip Report
- 9 Has Anyone Been to Sudan...?
- 10 North African Tips for a First Timer
- 11 Morocco help
- 12 First trip to Africa
- 13 Morocco 6 days Itinerary..Need Help
- 14 3 day desert tour: Marrakech to Merzouga
- 15 Driving Distance from Kalahari Tented Camp to Western Etosha NP
- 16 IRAN
- 17 Money in Uganda
- 18 Uganda Visa
- 19 accomodation near Mata Mata Border post
- 20 Egypt- Dec Itinerary-help needed
- 21 Private Guide for Cairo
- 22 Egypt - Need Help!
- 23 Attractions in Cairo and around
- 24 CASABLANCA for 1 Day
- 25 Trip report about self-driving in Northern Namibia for 2 weeks in May 2014