I am planning a trip to Botswana in December 2011 and been looking at the exhausting list of camps and lodges. Because it is December, I am trying to shortlist camps that will not be as seasonally compromised from a game viewing point of view. I am not up for a lodge/camp whose main selling point is 'fancy' 'relaxed' etc but if the game justifies it, then I do not have any issues against the expensive camps. Obviously the W-S camps are the most marketed and in my point of view justifiably so. However I am simultaneously looking at alternatives to the W-S camps where I could save a few $$$$ that I could then spend on quality guiding. I looked at the option for mobile safaris and have decided to keep that for more 'experienced' subsequent visits. Hence what I am really looking for are good camps with great game experience ( the best for that time of the year) and build a custom safari around it. I have roughly 15 nights to be fully used in Bots and will travel alone. Any thoughts and ideas would be very helpful.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Tangier (Tanger) Ville railway station
- 2 Is the migration early this year
- 3 Insurance Coverage while in Egypt
- 4 FIRST South Africa's trip might be brought to us by You
- 5 Madagascar - your tips please
- 6 Hotel suggestions in Cape Town
- 7 ISRAEL on SATURDAY - Transport
- 8 Best Economy Hotels In Bahrain
- 9 Travelling to Nigeria for the first time
- 10 Touring Morocco alone for a few days? (fez & marrekech)
- 11 5 nights in Cape Town - 5 restaurants
- 12 Burj Khalifa, pre-book or not?
- 13 Road To Morocco Tours
- 14 Magnificant Morocco
- 15 Africa, closer than ever before?
- 16 Africa Film Festival
- 17 Roar Africa reviews
- 18 Moving Around Safari Lodges in Sabi Sands
- 19 Trip to Rwanda and Congo (Brazzaville)
- 20 Well traveled...but not in Africa. Need help with itineraries!
- 21 Tanzania camping safari itinerary
- 22 Custom Morocco guide recommendations requested
- 23 Need help with Israel Itinerary
- 24 Tanzania & Zanzibar Itinerary
- 25 Anyone stayed at Mosetlha Camp in Madikwe?