I am planning a trip to Botswana in December 2011 and been looking at the exhausting list of camps and lodges. Because it is December, I am trying to shortlist camps that will not be as seasonally compromised from a game viewing point of view. I am not up for a lodge/camp whose main selling point is 'fancy' 'relaxed' etc but if the game justifies it, then I do not have any issues against the expensive camps. Obviously the W-S camps are the most marketed and in my point of view justifiably so. However I am simultaneously looking at alternatives to the W-S camps where I could save a few $$$$ that I could then spend on quality guiding. I looked at the option for mobile safaris and have decided to keep that for more 'experienced' subsequent visits. Hence what I am really looking for are good camps with great game experience ( the best for that time of the year) and build a custom safari around it. I have roughly 15 nights to be fully used in Bots and will travel alone. Any thoughts and ideas would be very helpful.
Botswana December 2011- trip ideas
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Travelust
- 2 Terrorism, Ebola - no more please
- 3 Who to Choose? Africa Serendipity, Rothschild Safari or ATR?
- 4 Southern Africa trip - 5 weeks April / May 2015 starting in KZN
- 5 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 6 South Africa - Cape wine lands - Suggestions organized wine tasting tour
- 7 South Africa in February?
- 8 Drinking on safari
- 9 To Egypt in February - Need some advice
- 10 Thinking about The Gambia
- 11 Independence Day in Israel
- 12 Private Guide in Israel - Cost question
- 13 Shots for Morocco
- 14 correct date of last post: free ebook available Sunday Dec 11
- 15 Dubai Sand Dune dinner
- 16 Morroco Travel Guide
- 17 DAY TRIP FROM AGADIR
- 18 “Extensive tour around Egypt in 36 Days”
- 19 Help in finding Israel tour guide Moshe Nov
- 20 Best Time to View Big Game in South Africa
- 21 Trip Insurance - a must?
- 22 Kenya safari tour/cost
- 23 Uganda or Rwanda 2015
- 24 Abu Simbel or Valley of Kings?
- 25 Shongololo Express. The Southern Cross Adventure