I am planning a trip to Botswana in December 2011 and been looking at the exhausting list of camps and lodges. Because it is December, I am trying to shortlist camps that will not be as seasonally compromised from a game viewing point of view. I am not up for a lodge/camp whose main selling point is 'fancy' 'relaxed' etc but if the game justifies it, then I do not have any issues against the expensive camps. Obviously the W-S camps are the most marketed and in my point of view justifiably so. However I am simultaneously looking at alternatives to the W-S camps where I could save a few $$$$ that I could then spend on quality guiding. I looked at the option for mobile safaris and have decided to keep that for more 'experienced' subsequent visits. Hence what I am really looking for are good camps with great game experience ( the best for that time of the year) and build a custom safari around it. I have roughly 15 nights to be fully used in Bots and will travel alone. Any thoughts and ideas would be very helpful.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 China Supply Sinotruk HOWO Truck For You
- 2 Two Safari questions--one photography and one about gratuities
- 3 Wondering how much US Dollars to change to Kenyan Shillings?
- 4 Safari photography help
- 5 20 days, Family who loves Adventure, over the Holidays
- 6 Travel within Africa
- 7 Last minute invite to Kenya - need reasonablebSafari tour operators
- 8 Flights to Uganda & Kenya
- 9 Why no mention of the beautuful lion...
- 10 Namibia--fly-in or guided drive?
- 11 Best time to visit 2016 -
- 12 Can Anyone Say Anything Positive About Ethiopia Air?
- 13 Southern Africa Safari Trip—Best Vacation Ever!!
- 14 Tanzania trip Advice
- 15 day trip fes to chefchaouen
- 16 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 17 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda
- 18 1st time Africa: Zambezi Rafting & more - what do I need to know?
- 19 el gouna or soma bay????
- 20 Morocco - Chefchaouen, Ait Benhaddou
- 21 What is a normal price for driver from Amman airport to Petra
- 22 Israel itinerary
- 23 Malawi with kiddos
- 24 Porini Mara & Porini Lion in October 2016
- 25 Local Tanzania companies