I am planning a trip to Botswana in December 2011 and been looking at the exhausting list of camps and lodges. Because it is December, I am trying to shortlist camps that will not be as seasonally compromised from a game viewing point of view. I am not up for a lodge/camp whose main selling point is 'fancy' 'relaxed' etc but if the game justifies it, then I do not have any issues against the expensive camps. Obviously the W-S camps are the most marketed and in my point of view justifiably so. However I am simultaneously looking at alternatives to the W-S camps where I could save a few $$$$ that I could then spend on quality guiding. I looked at the option for mobile safaris and have decided to keep that for more 'experienced' subsequent visits. Hence what I am really looking for are good camps with great game experience ( the best for that time of the year) and build a custom safari around it. I have roughly 15 nights to be fully used in Bots and will travel alone. Any thoughts and ideas would be very helpful.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 A weeks trip to Egypt.couple with a year old babys first birthday!!
- 2 Seeking recommendation: Beach hotel in Netanya
- 3 Draft itinerary for Morocco
- 4 http://www.potentbodyformation.com/vitapulse/
- 5 3 weeks in Uganda - Our Experience
- 6 help with itinerary please
- 7 Gorilla Trekking Rwanda 3 months Pregnant
- 8 Luggage restrictions
- 9 ISRAEL TRIP
- 10 Transportation from Casablanca to Rabat
- 11 South Africa Honeymoon: Sabi Sands Reserve Lodge Recommendation
- 12 Advice on Cape Town in July
- 13 2 Expeditions To The The Danakil Depression - My Experiences
- 14 15 day tour in Morocco - itinerary advices
- 15 Cape Town + Eastern Cape
- 16 Help with safari itinerary with 9 year old
- 17 Tel Aviv Nightlife for 30+
- 18 Advice on East African trip
- 19 Help plan African Safari
- 20 Anyone stayed at Mosetlha Camp in Madikwe?
- 21 East African Visa Beware!!!
- 22 Zimbabwe 4x4 camper
- 23 Dubai first time
- 24 Dubai apartments/hotels
- 25 Special occasion restaurants in Fes and Marrakech