I am planning a trip to Botswana in December 2011 and been looking at the exhausting list of camps and lodges. Because it is December, I am trying to shortlist camps that will not be as seasonally compromised from a game viewing point of view. I am not up for a lodge/camp whose main selling point is 'fancy' 'relaxed' etc but if the game justifies it, then I do not have any issues against the expensive camps. Obviously the W-S camps are the most marketed and in my point of view justifiably so. However I am simultaneously looking at alternatives to the W-S camps where I could save a few $$$$ that I could then spend on quality guiding. I looked at the option for mobile safaris and have decided to keep that for more 'experienced' subsequent visits. Hence what I am really looking for are good camps with great game experience ( the best for that time of the year) and build a custom safari around it. I have roughly 15 nights to be fully used in Bots and will travel alone. Any thoughts and ideas would be very helpful.
Botswana December 2011- trip ideas
- 1 My trip to Merzouga (Erg Chebbi) with Sahara Desert Crew ;
- 2 Help! First African safari!!!
- 3 Cape town and Kruger National Park in November
- 4 Choosing between Ethiopia or Togo-Ghana for backpacking trip!
- 5 Safari and Beach in June
- 6 Map of Safari Camps in Greater Kruger?
- 7 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 8 Grootberg Lodge & Camp Kipwe in Damaraland, Namibia
- 9 Interested In Visiting Tanzania For An Adventure? Join Me!
- 10 Safari Cost Comparison
- 11 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 12 Ghana trip report - independently using public transport
- 13 Any advice for travelling to Ghana, Ivory Coast and the Gambia?
- 14 Cheap flights for Ghana
- 15 My trip to Egypt .....
- 16 dubai for 5 days
- 17 WHERE TO? Botswana? Tanzania? South Africa?
- 18 Help with travel plans for Dubai
- 19 Dubai Airport to cruise terminal
- 20 Bugs n' Botswana
- 21 Group Trip to Israel
- 22 My Trip to Palestine
- 23 1st Time Safari to South Africa -Lodge Recommendations!
- 24 TRIP REPORTART I: BUDGET, NOVICE TRIP TO ETHIOPIA AND KENYA
- 25 Being a tourist in Dubai