I am planning a trip to Botswana in December 2011 and been looking at the exhausting list of camps and lodges. Because it is December, I am trying to shortlist camps that will not be as seasonally compromised from a game viewing point of view. I am not up for a lodge/camp whose main selling point is 'fancy' 'relaxed' etc but if the game justifies it, then I do not have any issues against the expensive camps. Obviously the W-S camps are the most marketed and in my point of view justifiably so. However I am simultaneously looking at alternatives to the W-S camps where I could save a few $$$$ that I could then spend on quality guiding. I looked at the option for mobile safaris and have decided to keep that for more 'experienced' subsequent visits. Hence what I am really looking for are good camps with great game experience ( the best for that time of the year) and build a custom safari around it. I have roughly 15 nights to be fully used in Bots and will travel alone. Any thoughts and ideas would be very helpful.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 First time safari advice and awkward question
- 2 Planning my last day in Morocco
- 3 Help with Flight Option: CMN or RAK
- 4 Beware: Ewamanns Safaris is a scam!
- 5 South African Cities
- 6 Ethiopian Holidays You Should Not Miss
- 7 Best Wineries - 2-3 days in Franschhoek and Stellenbosch
- 8 Tentative Itinerary - what do you think?
- 9 First Time Safari Help...Use a tour or not?
- 10 Help with bags
- 11 Royal Air Maroc Dreamliner JFK-CMN and maybe connect to RAK
- 12 4 DAYS IN MOROCCO- AGADIR OR ESSAOUIRA??
- 13 MOROCCO FOR 10 DAYS
- 14 Morocco 6 days Itinerary..Need Help
- 15 Egypt Quickie Trip
- 16 where to go in africa
- 17 Israeli Tour Guides
- 18 Shopping in Morocco
- 19 Need 2-3 others to join Serengeti safari January 9-15, 2017
- 20 Weekend trip to a Middle Eastern City
- 21 HELP! 20+ days in Africa - First time ever trip
- 22 Tanzanian Safari, trip report
- 23 Chimps, Gorillas and Camels- a Tale of Three Countries
- 24 car hire from La Possession
- 25 Yellow Fever, visiting Tanzania