I am planning a trip to Botswana in December 2011 and been looking at the exhausting list of camps and lodges. Because it is December, I am trying to shortlist camps that will not be as seasonally compromised from a game viewing point of view. I am not up for a lodge/camp whose main selling point is 'fancy' 'relaxed' etc but if the game justifies it, then I do not have any issues against the expensive camps. Obviously the W-S camps are the most marketed and in my point of view justifiably so. However I am simultaneously looking at alternatives to the W-S camps where I could save a few $$$$ that I could then spend on quality guiding. I looked at the option for mobile safaris and have decided to keep that for more 'experienced' subsequent visits. Hence what I am really looking for are good camps with great game experience ( the best for that time of the year) and build a custom safari around it. I have roughly 15 nights to be fully used in Bots and will travel alone. Any thoughts and ideas would be very helpful.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 http://blogmium.com/max-grow-xtreme/
- 2 Help with Kenya Safari plans.
- 3 Safari In June
- 4 Business trip to Israel
- 5 Advice for 1st tip to Kenya
- 6 Trip Report : Jordan and United Arab Emirates
- 7 Help please! Trying to plan an African trip!
- 8 honeymoon place
- 9 Suggestions needed for 5 days in Tunisia
- 10 Cape Town to Port Elizabeth, hidden gems not on the normal tourist path?
- 11 Kenya Vs. tanzania
- 12 Hire a driver for a week in Morocco
- 13 Trip Report : Mauritius and Rodrigues
- 14 First Trip to Africa, first safari...which itinerary should I go with?
- 15 South African Safari Company Recommendations
- 16 Yom Hazikaron
- 17 Yom Haatzmaut
- 18 Morocco April Itinerary 10 days
- 19 May 10-July 10 in Africa
- 20 recomendation on African Safari company
- 21 Comparing a few cities in Morocco
- 22 Tour with friendly planet to SA in October 2016
- 23 One extra day in Jordan
- 24 Burkina Faso travel tips route tourist attractions photo gallery
- 25 Where to stay for a night in Johannesburg?