I am planning a trip to Botswana in December 2011 and been looking at the exhausting list of camps and lodges. Because it is December, I am trying to shortlist camps that will not be as seasonally compromised from a game viewing point of view. I am not up for a lodge/camp whose main selling point is 'fancy' 'relaxed' etc but if the game justifies it, then I do not have any issues against the expensive camps. Obviously the W-S camps are the most marketed and in my point of view justifiably so. However I am simultaneously looking at alternatives to the W-S camps where I could save a few $$$$ that I could then spend on quality guiding. I looked at the option for mobile safaris and have decided to keep that for more 'experienced' subsequent visits. Hence what I am really looking for are good camps with great game experience ( the best for that time of the year) and build a custom safari around it. I have roughly 15 nights to be fully used in Bots and will travel alone. Any thoughts and ideas would be very helpful.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Packing for safari in South Africa (summer)
- 2 Namibia Itinerary
- 3 name issue
- 4 Israel for 10 days
- 5 First safari- what to wear? Gifts for locals?
- 6 Tanzania - first trip - many questions.
- 7 Rental Car Rabat Airport
- 8 14-16 day visit to South Africa
- 9 experiences with African travel Resource
- 10 3 days in Jo'Burg
- 11 Madagascar suggestions
- 12 Travelling to Atlas mountains
- 13 3-part Zimbabwe: Join Wild Dog Researcher, Walk Mana Pools, Canoe Zambezi
- 14 First time in Southafrica - Suggested itinerary
- 15 Seven day solo trip to Morocco
- 16 East Africa Travel Visa - Starting in Kenya
- 17 4 weeks in South Africa ideas
- 18 only private conservancies or can i add in a national park
- 19 Single traveler
- 20 Should I visit Vamizi Island again?
- 21 Liquids Restrictions - South Africa to Zimbabwe
- 22 Morocco & Spain with Kidos!
- 23 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 24 My Magical Southern African Photography Safari: A Trip Report
- 25 morocco help please