I recently finished an excellent book which I think you really should read. It's called "The Trouble With Africa" by Vic Guhrs (married to Norman Carr's daughter).
It's all about the camps in South Luangwa and his experiences while living and working there with Norman, his wife and their kids.
I laughed so hard reading this book that I will certainly read it again soon. For anyone who has spent enough time in Africa, this one is a peach.
Book for Roccco
- 1 Help! First African safari!!!
- 2 Now VISIT EGYPT~&Hosting in our Egyptian Home in Egypt,
- 3 Lady Egypt tour days
- 4 WHERE TO? Botswana? Tanzania? South Africa?
- 5 Help with travel plans for Dubai
- 6 Safari Cost Comparison
- 7 Dubai Airport to cruise terminal
- 8 Anyone visiting Kenya 2014
- 9 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 10 Map of Safari Camps in Greater Kruger?
- 11 Bugs n' Botswana
- 12 Group Trip to Israel
- 13 My Trip to Palestine
- 14 1st Time Safari to South Africa -Lodge Recommendations!
- 15 TRIP REPORTART I: BUDGET, NOVICE TRIP TO ETHIOPIA AND KENYA
- 16 Being a tourist in Dubai
- 17 My trip to Egypt .....
- 18 Tanzania, Kili, Camels and Horses
- 19 My Big Fat Africa Trip - Input Appreciated!!!!
- 20 Safari and Beach in June
- 21 Help -- choosing a beach for honeymoon: Seychelles, Mauritius, Mozambique
- 22 Back from our self-drive in the northern circuit
- 23 Botswana Flights to the Kwando camps
- 24 Questions on 10 day Morocco winter vacation
- 25 Highlights and Photos: Self-drive Kenya & Tanzania August 2009