I recently finished an excellent book which I think you really should read. It's called "The Trouble With Africa" by Vic Guhrs (married to Norman Carr's daughter).
It's all about the camps in South Luangwa and his experiences while living and working there with Norman, his wife and their kids.
I laughed so hard reading this book that I will certainly read it again soon. For anyone who has spent enough time in Africa, this one is a peach.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Cape Town -safety
- 2 South Africa Adventure Activities - Help Needed
- 3 Uganda Visit - A beautiful Country
- 4 Tanzania Safari Itinerary Advice Needed - Mid-May 2017
- 5 Trip to Merzouga
- 6 Any advise on travelling in Morocco
- 7 Swaziland in January
- 8 MOROCCO FOR 10 DAYS
- 9 good internet connection option Meknes
- 10 Overnight train from Fez to Marrakesh
- 11 Trip Report: June, 2016 S. Africa, Zambia and Malawi
- 12 Rwanda - Gorilla Trekking
- 13 Trip report about self-driving in Northern Namibia for 2 weeks in May 2014
- 14 Safari - March 2017 Timbavati vs. Sabi Sands
- 15 Pictures & Trip Report - Self-drive: South Africa & Namibia 2008
- 16 Tanzania Safari with OAT
- 17 what size ll bean adventure duffle for safari
- 18 Southern Africa, 2 weeks, 10 passport stamps!!
- 19 The Heat and Dust of Kafue & the Busanga Plains
- 20 How I survived in Africa Traveling in a primitive African tribe Mursi
- 21 weekend from Joburg - 3rd trip to city
- 22 Egypt - where to buy a cartouche?
- 23 DANCING ZEBRA SAFARI CO
- 24 planning first safari to Tanzania ... feeling overwhelmed
- 25 Are Detour Africa's safaris good??