I recently finished an excellent book which I think you really should read. It's called "The Trouble With Africa" by Vic Guhrs (married to Norman Carr's daughter).
It's all about the camps in South Luangwa and his experiences while living and working there with Norman, his wife and their kids.
I laughed so hard reading this book that I will certainly read it again soon. For anyone who has spent enough time in Africa, this one is a peach.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Electric plugs in Morocco
- 2 Update on sim cards and iphones in Morocco?
- 3 Kenya and Tanzaniz combined 13 days Safari
- 4 safari for the mobility impaired
- 5 Restaurants and other suggestions - Fez, Essaouira
- 6 Itinerary and logistics of Mid April Mrocco solo
- 7 Carpet cooperative in Fes or Chefchaouen
- 8 Recommendations for Houseboat in Chobe
- 9 South Africa planning next Feb/March
- 10 Must sees in Southern Africa
- 11 Jerusalem and the Holy Land
- 12 Kruger National Park with 5 year old
- 13 Car Rental Casablanca Aptil
- 14 A couple of quick questions about Israel
- 15 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 16 Family Kenya Safari July 2017
- 17 Proposed Itinerary Israel & Jordan
- 18 Want to take your laptop on the plane?
- 19 Recommendation on where to stay in Durban?
- 20 13 Days Tanzania and Kenya Safari
- 21 Morocco: Do it yourself, or get a tour company?
- 22 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 23 Buying merchandise
- 24 Kenya and Tanzania Tour Companies
- 25 Egypt January-February 2018