I recently finished an excellent book which I think you really should read. It's called "The Trouble With Africa" by Vic Guhrs (married to Norman Carr's daughter).
It's all about the camps in South Luangwa and his experiences while living and working there with Norman, his wife and their kids.
I laughed so hard reading this book that I will certainly read it again soon. For anyone who has spent enough time in Africa, this one is a peach.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 2 Trips to Uganda: my experience
- 2 Itinerary Help - South Africa
- 3 Itinerary Input for Northern Israel with Kids
- 4 Private Guide for Cairo
- 5 African Safari/BeachTrip possible in 2 weeks?
- 6 Zimbabwe - Game Viewing in Hwange and Mana Pools?
- 7 Texting from US to Israel
- 8 Itinerary Ideas
- 9 Son of Cecil shot by trophy hunter in Hwange
- 10 Once again last minute short trip to South Africa
- 11 recommendations for first Africa safari?
- 12 Lamu Island or Diani Beach
- 13 Skip Victoria Falls for more Cape Town?
- 14 first family kenyan safari trip report
- 15 Dubai for 3 Days (2 nights)
- 16 Naukluft Hiking Trail travel companions wanted
- 17 Passport pages stuck together
- 18 Self drive tour south africa
- 19 Packing for a month in Southern Africa
- 20 Tanzania-An organized trip or on our own?
- 21 Flight to italy then To Romani
- 22 Minor Children & Birth Certificates?
- 23 Duba activities - help deciding
- 24 Eilat
- 25 recommendations for AI islands