I recently finished an excellent book which I think you really should read. It's called "The Trouble With Africa" by Vic Guhrs (married to Norman Carr's daughter).
It's all about the camps in South Luangwa and his experiences while living and working there with Norman, his wife and their kids.
I laughed so hard reading this book that I will certainly read it again soon. For anyone who has spent enough time in Africa, this one is a peach.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Cape Town to Port Elizabeth, hidden gems not on the normal tourist path?
- 2 Morocco April Itinerary 10 days
- 3 Help please! Trying to plan an African trip!
- 4 Help with Kenya Safari plans.
- 5 May 10-July 10 in Africa
- 6 recomendation on African Safari company
- 7 Kenya Vs. tanzania
- 8 Comparing a few cities in Morocco
- 9 South African Safari Company Recommendations
- 10 Tour with friendly planet to SA in October 2016
- 11 One extra day in Jordan
- 12 Burkina Faso travel tips route tourist attractions photo gallery
- 13 Where to stay for a night in Johannesburg?
- 14 Recommendation on where to stay in Durban?
- 15 April Budget Safari - Tanzania
- 16 Israel in Late October or November?
- 17 One month in Africa
- 18 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda
- 19 Route planning and advice visiting Southern Africa by car.
- 20 Travel to Saudi Arabia
- 21 Snorkeling at Diani Beach
- 22 Madagascar - Books
- 23 Tanzania Itinerary help
- 24 Madagascar Driver/Lodging Question - Palmarium and Vakona
- 25 Amman to Dana