I recently finished an excellent book which I think you really should read. It's called "The Trouble With Africa" by Vic Guhrs (married to Norman Carr's daughter).
It's all about the camps in South Luangwa and his experiences while living and working there with Norman, his wife and their kids.
I laughed so hard reading this book that I will certainly read it again soon. For anyone who has spent enough time in Africa, this one is a peach.
Book for Roccco
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Garden Route PE to Cape Town
- 2 Migration in Serengeti July/August
- 3 Safari on a budget!
- 4 Trip Report: Tanzania, Kenya & Zanzibar with MICATO May /June 2006
- 5 Rwanda, Uganda and Tanzania
- 6 Tips for Israel
- 7 Please help me choose which Tanzania safari!
- 8 al-fayoum oasis in 1/2 day
- 9 Egypt: Suggestions for what to do afternoon around Giza
- 10 Great Tanzania trip in the off season
- 11 Road To Morocco Tours
- 12 Kasbahs, camels, and couscous - 12 days in Morocco
- 13 Obtaining Visas for Egypt
- 14 Transfers to and from the Ben gurion airport TLV
- 15 Ideas for solo (female) relaxing trip next month
- 16 Best time to visit Zanzibar?
- 17 Tanzania - private guide with vehicle
- 18 Rwanda
- 19 Egypt safe travel
- 20 Any suggestions or feedback for our honeymoon?
- 21 Zambia Impressions
- 22 One night camping in the desert in Morocco?
- 23 Private Tour Recommendations To Erg Chebbi
- 24 Dubai trip
- 25 3 adults in Dubai need a good hotel to share with privacy!