I recently finished an excellent book which I think you really should read. It's called "The Trouble With Africa" by Vic Guhrs (married to Norman Carr's daughter).
It's all about the camps in South Luangwa and his experiences while living and working there with Norman, his wife and their kids.
I laughed so hard reading this book that I will certainly read it again soon. For anyone who has spent enough time in Africa, this one is a peach.
Book for Roccco
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Best Month for Experiencing The Great Migration
- 2 SA, Swaziland & Zimbabwe
- 3 Dubai > Oman?
- 4 Dubai > Seychelles hop
- 5 Israel/Jordan -- other trip options to bypass Israel?
- 6 River and Tsingy: tour proposed by the best guide Madagascar
- 7 Botswana Green Season 2014/15 Camp discounted pricing
- 8 trip report s africa, victoria falls & Botswana Zambezi Queen
- 9 Morocco Tour: Marrakech Fes Merzouga Camel Trek in Sahara
- 10 Tanzania (Selous): Trip Report for Lake Manze Camp
- 11 Tanzania (Selous): Trip Report for Selous Impala Camp
- 12 Tanzania (Ruaha): Trip Report for Mwagusi Camp
- 13 Masai Mara Epic Big Five and Wildbeast Migration
- 14 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)
- 15 Wild Dogs (Lycaon pictus) seen in Samburu Kenya
- 16 Awesome trip and still not done
- 17 South Africa
- 18 Some Cape Town hotel - day tour suggestions?
- 19 2 weeks in Oman - Our experience
- 20 Private Conservancy Recommendations
- 21 Jordanesert,Rose City, Fabulous views,Unearthly landscapes.
- 22 Cairo Hotels and Safety
- 23 Erta Ale volcano in Ethiopia - anybody been there?
- 24 Cultural Tour from Maun?
- 25 Lake Ngami (Bots) - anybody been there lately?