I recently finished an excellent book which I think you really should read. It's called "The Trouble With Africa" by Vic Guhrs (married to Norman Carr's daughter).
It's all about the camps in South Luangwa and his experiences while living and working there with Norman, his wife and their kids.
I laughed so hard reading this book that I will certainly read it again soon. For anyone who has spent enough time in Africa, this one is a peach.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 http://topsideeffects.info/trinity-X3/
- 2 Tipping...
- 3 Changing planes at Dubai
- 4 Morocco for 9 nights in February
- 5 upcoming Africa trip ... gift ideas needed?
- 6 Has Anyone Been to Sudan...?
- 7 Kenya Safari Tour Operator Recommendations
- 8 Morocco Trip Report
- 9 Where to go for lunch and dinner in Fes, Marrakech, and Essaouira
- 10 Free walking tours Medina Marrakech ???
- 11 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 12 Israel Transportation
- 13 Chaos in the old Medina-Marrakech
- 14 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 15 North African Tips for a First Timer
- 16 Morocco help
- 17 First trip to Africa
- 18 Morocco 6 days Itinerary..Need Help
- 19 3 day desert tour: Marrakech to Merzouga
- 20 Driving Distance from Kalahari Tented Camp to Western Etosha NP
- 21 IRAN
- 22 Money in Uganda
- 23 Uganda Visa
- 24 accomodation near Mata Mata Border post
- 25 Egypt- Dec Itinerary-help needed