I recently finished an excellent book which I think you really should read. It's called "The Trouble With Africa" by Vic Guhrs (married to Norman Carr's daughter).
It's all about the camps in South Luangwa and his experiences while living and working there with Norman, his wife and their kids.
I laughed so hard reading this book that I will certainly read it again soon. For anyone who has spent enough time in Africa, this one is a peach.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Morocco--advice on itinerary needed!
- 2 Custom Morocco guide recommendations requested
- 3 Cape Town Itinerary
- 4 Best African safari destination – in addition to Masai Mara Conservancy?
- 5 Car Rentals in Israel
- 6 Dubai hotels
- 7 5 nights in Cape Town - 5 restaurants
- 8 FRS Ferry between Tarifa and Tangier
- 9 Pulse Africa???
- 10 Tanzania and Kenya tour company?
- 11 Kruger
- 12 Morocco to Tel Aviv --flights
- 13 Uganda Trip Report
- 14 Eastern Cape Safari?
- 15 itinerary any ideas?
- 16 Winelands, South Africa - Need a Plan
- 17 Namibia.It has suddenly dawned on me.
- 18 Two Weeks in Capetown, want to add a safari
- 19 Anybody used Classic Africa to plan a safari?
- 20 Five Thousand Years in 19 days - Pyramids, Tombs, Camels and a River
- 21 ISRAEL on SATURDAY - Transport
- 22 A month in Africa - how to spend the time
- 23 Safari buddies - late August
- 24 Americans in Iran - an amazing 1-month trip
- 25 Dennis's Trip Report: Caprivi Strip, Vic Falls and Hwange Park, Zimbabwe