I am leaving for a 14 day trip to Kenya and Tanzania. I understand that tipping is an integral part of the trip and credit cards are not so widely used. What would be the 'safest' way for carrying money. Would travellers checks be ok? or is it has to be cash?
Thanks in advance for your suggestion.
Best way to carry money for a safari to Kenya & Tanzania
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Morrocco and Cash
- 2 Rhino conservation in S Africa
- 3 2 days in Nairobi- hotel and guides!
- 4 Erg Chebbi, a Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience!
- 5 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 6 South Africa trip advices
- 7 Advice and Suggestions for Southern Africa - April or June / July?
- 8 Kenya - July 2014 - Acacia House in Masai Mara area
- 9 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 10 Camping in Erg Chebbi -- are there bathrooms???
- 11 Overland trip Iceland to South Africa
- 12 Don't go to Morrocco!
- 13 boutique hotel in tel aviv?
- 14 Terrorism, Ebola - no more please
- 15 First time in Africa on safari
- 16 South Africa Peer-to-Peer Vehicle Rentals
- 17 Saruni Samburu & Tortilis Amboseli - An amazing experience
- 18 2 Weeks In Iran: So Far Away From The Clichés!
- 19 Cairo Hotels and Safety
- 20 15 days, 5 walks, 4 medinas, 3 gal of mint tea, 2 camel rides, one Morocco!
- 21 Namibia - Camping Tour
- 22 Dubai Airport: is it safe for a woman traveling alone?
- 23 Two weeks in Qatar, how much money to budget?
- 24 Transport Available from Harare to Victoria Falls - 17 Aug 2014
- 25 Tanzania Safari - The Good, The Bad, The Unexpected and The Amazing!!