I spent some time reading the entries on this site and asked for some advice prior to deciding where to go, but haven't posted much information myself. However, I returned yesterday from a trip to Zimbabwe, which included traveling to Hwange, Mana Pools, and Victoria Falls. I will try to post a more detailed report later, but wanted to say that the trip was incredible. The parks in Zimbabwe were beautiful and had a large diversity of wildlife; we had excellent game viewing while we were there and saw far more than I expected to see (including wild dogs). Also, the guides were truly exceptional and knew a great deal about everything we saw. This was my first trip to Africa, so I do not have any other comparison--but, I would highly recommend the locations to which we traveled.
I will report more later. -V
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Morocco: Do it yourself, or get a tour company?
- 2 Morocco Expert Tours
- 3 Cradle of Humankind
- 4 Johannesburg...?
- 5 South Africa planning next Feb/March
- 6 Luxury train ride
- 7 Is a riad pool in Marrakech usable in May?
- 8 Safari - Camera / Binoculars
- 9 1.5 hours layover Dubai-enough time?
- 10 Morocco Working Itinerary
- 11 Lag b'Omer: Tel Aviv - Meron after shabbat: how?
- 12 Petra from Israel
- 13 Draft itinerary for Morocco
- 14 Vaccinations and Traveling S Africa / Botswana / Seychelles
- 15 Kenya + Seychelles Honeymoon
- 16 Morocco Trip End of April - itinerary help please!
- 17 israel tour
- 18 Kenya Vs. tanzania
- 19 Can the Seychelles be done on a budget?
- 20 Family Kenya Safari July 2017
- 21 Safety in Fes
- 22 6 Weeks in South & East Africa - travel advice
- 23 Sim card mainly for data
- 24 Honeymoon - South Africa
- 25 Morocco: no such thing as fixed price in Medina