I spent some time reading the entries on this site and asked for some advice prior to deciding where to go, but haven't posted much information myself. However, I returned yesterday from a trip to Zimbabwe, which included traveling to Hwange, Mana Pools, and Victoria Falls. I will try to post a more detailed report later, but wanted to say that the trip was incredible. The parks in Zimbabwe were beautiful and had a large diversity of wildlife; we had excellent game viewing while we were there and saw far more than I expected to see (including wild dogs). Also, the guides were truly exceptional and knew a great deal about everything we saw. This was my first trip to Africa, so I do not have any other comparison--but, I would highly recommend the locations to which we traveled.
I will report more later. -V
Back from Zimbabwe
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Travel Agent in DC: Seeking Reviews
- 2 Wild Dogs (Lycaon pictus) seen in Samburu Kenya
- 3 Need advice on which camera lenses for safari
- 4 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 5 Mashatu, Kgalagadi to Caprivi and a Moremi mobile with Masson Safaris
- 6 Morocco Advice
- 7 5/6 day trip in Morocco. Tips for itinerary and mode of travel
- 8 Good travel company to book an 8 day trip to Egypt
- 9 Guide for Serengeti Wildebeest Migration Jan 2015
- 10 I'm going on safari for free!
- 11 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 12 tanzania serengeti northern circuit self drive
- 13 Staying overnight at Nairobi Airport as solo female traveler?
- 14 Dubai first time
- 15 Private guide, non-self drive Namibia with Wild Dog Safaris in June
- 16 Overland from the Cape to the Serengeti
- 17 Observation - Possible Limited Space During Peak Season
- 18 South Africa's Eight UNESCO Sites
- 19 2015 Family Safari Tanzania Questions
- 20 5 day Seychelles trip in December
- 21 Anyone Else heading to Egypt in December?
- 22 16 day mixed trip
- 23 7 days visit to Jordan in Dec 2014
- 24 Canadian Insurance
- 25 Evacuation Insurance