We returned from our June trip to Zambia and just wanted to post that it was an incredible and unforgetable vacation. The fodorites, especially Rocco, helped us plan a flawless trip. Thank you all. We are so pleased we went to Zambia. It was a "real" experience with no fences and little tourism. The Zambian people are exceptionally friendly. We stayed at Luwanga River Lodge for five nights and at Chiawa Camp for five nights. We would recommend both and especially enjoyed Barry's guide Victor at Luwanga. He has exceptional knowledge and a passion for the bush. Barry and Tara have a wonderful facility and treat you as if you are friends. They accomodated all of our requests and we would go back in a minute. Chiawa is another wonderful camp and being in South Zambia on the river afforded the opportunity to experience Africa from the water. We fished and caught an 8 pound tiger fish...what an experience! The wildlife sightings were great and the surprises at the camp are incredible. Craig is an awesome manager and pays great attention to his guests. An elephant and several cape buffaloes spent time right in the camp. The lodgings are luxurious. Being a wild environment, the lodges pay a great deal of attention to keeping you save. We never felt in harms way. Barry at Luwanga gets a special thanks as he personally saw to our internal flights and helped us we every detail. I don't think I could have done the planning by myself without him. I hope all of you going to Africa plan on spending time in Zambia before it gets too run over with progress.
Back from Zambia
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 3-week tour at Egypt
- 2 Gate1 discovery tours to Israel
- 3 Advice For Morocco Desert Tours and camel trekking For 4 Night
- 4 Morocco Advice
- 5 Beirut
- 6 Travel Agent in DC: Seeking Reviews
- 7 Wild Dogs (Lycaon pictus) seen in Samburu Kenya
- 8 Need advice on which camera lenses for safari
- 9 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 10 Mashatu, Kgalagadi to Caprivi and a Moremi mobile with Masson Safaris
- 11 5/6 day trip in Morocco. Tips for itinerary and mode of travel
- 12 Good travel company to book an 8 day trip to Egypt
- 13 Guide for Serengeti Wildebeest Migration Jan 2015
- 14 I'm going on safari for free!
- 15 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 16 tanzania serengeti northern circuit self drive
- 17 Staying overnight at Nairobi Airport as solo female traveler?
- 18 Dubai first time
- 19 Private guide, non-self drive Namibia with Wild Dog Safaris in June
- 20 Overland from the Cape to the Serengeti
- 21 Observation - Possible Limited Space During Peak Season
- 22 South Africa's Eight UNESCO Sites
- 23 2015 Family Safari Tanzania Questions
- 24 5 day Seychelles trip in December
- 25 Anyone Else heading to Egypt in December?