We returned from our June trip to Zambia and just wanted to post that it was an incredible and unforgetable vacation. The fodorites, especially Rocco, helped us plan a flawless trip. Thank you all. We are so pleased we went to Zambia. It was a "real" experience with no fences and little tourism. The Zambian people are exceptionally friendly. We stayed at Luwanga River Lodge for five nights and at Chiawa Camp for five nights. We would recommend both and especially enjoyed Barry's guide Victor at Luwanga. He has exceptional knowledge and a passion for the bush. Barry and Tara have a wonderful facility and treat you as if you are friends. They accomodated all of our requests and we would go back in a minute. Chiawa is another wonderful camp and being in South Zambia on the river afforded the opportunity to experience Africa from the water. We fished and caught an 8 pound tiger fish...what an experience! The wildlife sightings were great and the surprises at the camp are incredible. Craig is an awesome manager and pays great attention to his guests. An elephant and several cape buffaloes spent time right in the camp. The lodgings are luxurious. Being a wild environment, the lodges pay a great deal of attention to keeping you save. We never felt in harms way. Barry at Luwanga gets a special thanks as he personally saw to our internal flights and helped us we every detail. I don't think I could have done the planning by myself without him. I hope all of you going to Africa plan on spending time in Zambia before it gets too run over with progress.
Back from Zambia
View all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Help with travel plans for Dubai
- 2 Safari Cost Comparison
- 3 Dubai Airport to cruise terminal
- 4 Anyone visiting Kenya 2014
- 5 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 6 Map of Safari Camps in Greater Kruger?
- 7 WHERE TO? Botswana? Tanzania? South Africa?
- 8 Bugs n' Botswana
- 9 Group Trip to Israel
- 10 My Trip to Palestine
- 11 1st Time Safari to South Africa -Lodge Recommendations!
- 12 TRIP REPORTART I: BUDGET, NOVICE TRIP TO ETHIOPIA AND KENYA
- 13 Being a tourist in Dubai
- 14 My trip to Egypt .....
- 15 Tanzania, Kili, Camels and Horses
- 16 My Big Fat Africa Trip - Input Appreciated!!!!
- 17 Safari and Beach in June
- 18 Help -- choosing a beach for honeymoon: Seychelles, Mauritius, Mozambique
- 19 Back from our self-drive in the northern circuit
- 20 Botswana Flights to the Kwando camps
- 21 Questions on 10 day Morocco winter vacation
- 22 Highlights and Photos: Self-drive Kenya & Tanzania August 2009
- 23 Homestay Accomodation
- 24 A new Tourism Region - Zambesia
- 25 Morocco with Desert Majesty