We returned from our June trip to Zambia and just wanted to post that it was an incredible and unforgetable vacation. The fodorites, especially Rocco, helped us plan a flawless trip. Thank you all. We are so pleased we went to Zambia. It was a "real" experience with no fences and little tourism. The Zambian people are exceptionally friendly. We stayed at Luwanga River Lodge for five nights and at Chiawa Camp for five nights. We would recommend both and especially enjoyed Barry's guide Victor at Luwanga. He has exceptional knowledge and a passion for the bush. Barry and Tara have a wonderful facility and treat you as if you are friends. They accomodated all of our requests and we would go back in a minute. Chiawa is another wonderful camp and being in South Zambia on the river afforded the opportunity to experience Africa from the water. We fished and caught an 8 pound tiger fish...what an experience! The wildlife sightings were great and the surprises at the camp are incredible. Craig is an awesome manager and pays great attention to his guests. An elephant and several cape buffaloes spent time right in the camp. The lodgings are luxurious. Being a wild environment, the lodges pay a great deal of attention to keeping you save. We never felt in harms way. Barry at Luwanga gets a special thanks as he personally saw to our internal flights and helped us we every detail. I don't think I could have done the planning by myself without him. I hope all of you going to Africa plan on spending time in Zambia before it gets too run over with progress.
Back from Zambia
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Maldives, Seychelles or Mauritius??
- 2 Memory cards for camera
- 3 Sabi Sands camps
- 4 Generic malarone now availbale in Canada
- 5 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September
- 6 Morocco for 2 nights
- 7 Hotels in Nairobi
- 8 Who Plans and Packs for Your Bucket List Travel (Safari)
- 9 trip report, morocco
- 10 Rwanda trip report
- 11 Tel Aviv beaches
- 12 Marrakech to Fes by bus
- 13 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)
- 14 A Couple of Questions Regarding My Itinerary
- 15 Petra in August, Petra by Night?
- 16 israel and petra
- 17 Tentative Israel/Jordan Itinerary...help
- 18 Help with Kruger Park itinerary
- 19 Israel and Petra
- 20 Eilat - Petra and the Dead Sea
- 21 Self Drive SA, Botswana, Zimbabwe - help, 4x4 hire/border restrictions
- 22 Need Help Organizing our time in Cape Town - 3.5 days in June
- 23 HELP..visiting Oman and Qatar from Dubai
- 24 6 Days in the Danakil Depression - An Experience of a Life Time!
- 25 Have you been to East Africa ?Ethiopia?