We returned from our June trip to Zambia and just wanted to post that it was an incredible and unforgetable vacation. The fodorites, especially Rocco, helped us plan a flawless trip. Thank you all. We are so pleased we went to Zambia. It was a "real" experience with no fences and little tourism. The Zambian people are exceptionally friendly. We stayed at Luwanga River Lodge for five nights and at Chiawa Camp for five nights. We would recommend both and especially enjoyed Barry's guide Victor at Luwanga. He has exceptional knowledge and a passion for the bush. Barry and Tara have a wonderful facility and treat you as if you are friends. They accomodated all of our requests and we would go back in a minute. Chiawa is another wonderful camp and being in South Zambia on the river afforded the opportunity to experience Africa from the water. We fished and caught an 8 pound tiger fish...what an experience! The wildlife sightings were great and the surprises at the camp are incredible. Craig is an awesome manager and pays great attention to his guests. An elephant and several cape buffaloes spent time right in the camp. The lodgings are luxurious. Being a wild environment, the lodges pay a great deal of attention to keeping you save. We never felt in harms way. Barry at Luwanga gets a special thanks as he personally saw to our internal flights and helped us we every detail. I don't think I could have done the planning by myself without him. I hope all of you going to Africa plan on spending time in Zambia before it gets too run over with progress.
Back from Zambia
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Eastern Cape Lodges
- 2 Questions about Chobe
- 3 Trip report/blog - South Africa honeymoon
- 4 Lamu or Zanzibar?
- 5 Israel/Jordan -- other trip options to bypass Israel?
- 6 FOREX Nairobi airport
- 7 To go to Israel or not?
- 8 Best Month for Experiencing The Great Migration
- 9 Dubai > Oman?
- 10 Dubai > Seychelles hop
- 11 Botswana Green Season 2014/15 Camp discounted pricing
- 12 trip report s africa, victoria falls & Botswana Zambezi Queen
- 13 Morocco Tour: Marrakech Fes Merzouga Camel Trek in Sahara
- 14 Tanzania (Selous): Trip Report for Lake Manze Camp
- 15 Tanzania (Selous): Trip Report for Selous Impala Camp
- 16 Tanzania (Ruaha): Trip Report for Mwagusi Camp
- 17 Masai Mara Epic Big Five and Wildbeast Migration
- 18 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)
- 19 Wild Dogs (Lycaon pictus) seen in Samburu Kenya
- 20 Awesome trip and still not done
- 21 South Africa
- 22 Some Cape Town hotel - day tour suggestions?
- 23 2 weeks in Oman - Our experience
- 24 Private Conservancy Recommendations
- 25 Jordanesert,Rose City, Fabulous views,Unearthly landscapes.