I have been back almost a week from the most wonderful trip of my life. Africa was everything all you Fodorites said it was, and more. I can't believe I waited so long to go where I've been wanting to go for years. But I am now officially one of you and have been seduced by Africa's beauty and mystery, and all its other attributes! I can't wait to go back!
Some of you asked about the Great Namibian Journey and I'm happy to report that it was wonderful, as was the rest of the trip, including Migration Routes in Botswana.
There is so much to tell and I will try to get a report together soon with more details. In the meantime, I can begin by saying my SAA awards flight turned out great, as I had an empty seat next to me going and coming. So it was a lot more comfortable than it might otherwise have been.
I enjoyed using my new Canon S2 and thanks again to all who recommended it and advised me on its use. I think I got some great shots altho' I've only seen them on the LCD. Will try to install the software on the computer this weekend and post some of the highlights. I did notice that it's possible to zoom in and magnify photos in playback on the LCD - I hope I'll be able to do that on the computer and edit the pics. Yes?
Welcome back to all who have returned in the last few weeks. I've enjoyed the reports and pics that have been posted and hope to make my own contributions soon.
Back from Namibia, Botswana and Vic Falls
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Israel/Jordan -- other trip options to bypass Israel?
- 2 River and Tsingy: tour proposed by the best guide Madagascar
- 3 Botswana Green Season 2014/15 Camp discounted pricing
- 4 trip report s africa, victoria falls & Botswana Zambezi Queen
- 5 Morocco Tour: Marrakech Fes Merzouga Camel Trek in Sahara
- 6 Tanzania (Selous): Trip Report for Lake Manze Camp
- 7 Tanzania (Selous): Trip Report for Selous Impala Camp
- 8 Tanzania (Ruaha): Trip Report for Mwagusi Camp
- 9 Masai Mara Epic Big Five and Wildbeast Migration
- 10 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)
- 11 Wild Dogs (Lycaon pictus) seen in Samburu Kenya
- 12 Awesome trip and still not done
- 13 South Africa
- 14 Some Cape Town hotel - day tour suggestions?
- 15 2 weeks in Oman - Our experience
- 16 Private Conservancy Recommendations
- 17 Jordanesert,Rose City, Fabulous views,Unearthly landscapes.
- 18 Cairo Hotels and Safety
- 19 Erta Ale volcano in Ethiopia - anybody been there?
- 20 Cultural Tour from Maun?
- 21 Lake Ngami (Bots) - anybody been there lately?
- 22 [UGANDA] Meeting Local People
- 23 [UGANDA] Selected Budget and MidRange Tour Operators.
- 24 Bidair at JNB
- 25 Sole fem traveller guide