I have been back almost a week from the most wonderful trip of my life. Africa was everything all you Fodorites said it was, and more. I can't believe I waited so long to go where I've been wanting to go for years. But I am now officially one of you and have been seduced by Africa's beauty and mystery, and all its other attributes! I can't wait to go back!
Some of you asked about the Great Namibian Journey and I'm happy to report that it was wonderful, as was the rest of the trip, including Migration Routes in Botswana.
There is so much to tell and I will try to get a report together soon with more details. In the meantime, I can begin by saying my SAA awards flight turned out great, as I had an empty seat next to me going and coming. So it was a lot more comfortable than it might otherwise have been.
I enjoyed using my new Canon S2 and thanks again to all who recommended it and advised me on its use. I think I got some great shots altho' I've only seen them on the LCD. Will try to install the software on the computer this weekend and post some of the highlights. I did notice that it's possible to zoom in and magnify photos in playback on the LCD - I hope I'll be able to do that on the computer and edit the pics. Yes?
Welcome back to all who have returned in the last few weeks. I've enjoyed the reports and pics that have been posted and hope to make my own contributions soon.
Back from Namibia, Botswana and Vic Falls
- 1 Most Romantic Places in Marrakech or Essaouira?
- 2 Questions re Gorillas in Rwanda and money in both Rwanda and Tanzania
- 3 Morocco . . . Rough Around the Edges
- 4 Kruger Park trip
- 5 First time in Zimbawbe, SA, Safari, etc. Really need your help.
- 6 Help with Zambia itinerary? Victoria's Fall, South Luwangha NP
- 7 Morocco - private tour operators
- 8 Exclusie use vehicles at Mala Mala and Londolozi
- 9 Africa Safari
- 10 phone service
- 11 how to join a Kenya safari once in country
- 12 Qatar - Doha my photos
- 13 Yellow Fevor innoculation revisited
- 14 The Grace Hotel (Johannesburg) is closing
- 15 Kenya + Ngorongoro or Serengeti?
- 16 Ashdod to Jaffa and Tel Aviv
- 17 Haifa - Acre & the Baha'i Gardens
- 18 Marrakesh and Fez w/ side trip
- 19 What about Intrepid Travel as a tour company?
- 20 Amazing Safari Trip in Zimbabwe (Matopos-Hwange & Victoria Falls)
- 21 Experience with Journey Beyond Travel or Sahara Services in Morocco?
- 22 transfer from jnb and Durban airports
- 23 Trip Report - Honeymoon Safari in Tanzania - End of July/August 2012
- 24 ZAMBIA / ZIMBABWE SAFETY.
- 25 Shipping from Morocco - Help!