Back from an amazing trip to South Africa, Tanzania and Rwanda.
Working with injured/orphaned wild animals in South Africa, so that is always going to be special!
Then timed Tanzania with migration of wildebeest and zebra perfectly in the Western Corridor, so thanks to all of those who helped me decide where to go. They all seemed to be heading north when we left for Rwanda. We saw so much it was amazing though I will say it was distance gameviewing mostly, wish I had know you could get an off road permit, and I was shocked at how many vehicles we past and at sightings, especially the cats! We were often locked in by other vehicles parked all around us, so guess I am use to seeing a lot less vehicles and animals fairly close in South Africa.
Lastly, Rwanda was amazing both the country and the gorillas. Two relatively easy walks and one that was to be moderate but ended up being long and hard, but fantastic all the same. Quite frankly I am amazed the 8 of us made it out without injury, but due to our great chief guide we did!
Will try and do a summary trip report and working on photos now!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 that that is valued on the money. First, it makes use of
- 2 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 3 Is it Possible to Buy Advance Tickets to the Hassan 2 Mosque?
- 4 First Attempt South Africa Itinerary - Advice Please
- 5 Feedback on Victoria Falls visit please
- 6 Which Would you Recommend as an Outdoor Day trip from Marrakech?-Imlil or Cascades d'Ouzod
- 7 Tiberias with kids
- 8 Lion World
- 9 Advice, please: Addo Elephant Park to Cape Town AIrport on Garden Route
- 10 East Africa Safari 1st Time- Summer 2016
- 11 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda
- 12 Israel in April - itinerary help
- 13 Kgalagadi Transfrontier NP
- 14 Mpumalanga visit
- 15 safe areas to go on safari
- 16 Rabat opinion and prices in Rabat + video
- 17 Trip to Kenya in August 2016
- 18 Okavango and Kalahari in December
- 19 Victoria Falls
- 20 WOMEN DRIVING IN SA
- 21 8 nights in Dubai...need advice regarding Dubai/Petra combo.
- 22 2015: South Africa for a fortnight
- 23 Now is a GREAT time to visit Egypt! (Trip Report)
- 24 TRIP REPORT – 5 fantastic weeks in South Africa, Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe) and Mauritius
- 25 Who to Choose? Africa Serendipity, Rothschild Safari or ATR?