Back from an amazing trip to South Africa, Tanzania and Rwanda.
Working with injured/orphaned wild animals in South Africa, so that is always going to be special!
Then timed Tanzania with migration of wildebeest and zebra perfectly in the Western Corridor, so thanks to all of those who helped me decide where to go. They all seemed to be heading north when we left for Rwanda. We saw so much it was amazing though I will say it was distance gameviewing mostly, wish I had know you could get an off road permit, and I was shocked at how many vehicles we past and at sightings, especially the cats! We were often locked in by other vehicles parked all around us, so guess I am use to seeing a lot less vehicles and animals fairly close in South Africa.
Lastly, Rwanda was amazing both the country and the gorillas. Two relatively easy walks and one that was to be moderate but ended up being long and hard, but fantastic all the same. Quite frankly I am amazed the 8 of us made it out without injury, but due to our great chief guide we did!
Will try and do a summary trip report and working on photos now!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 DUMP TRUCK+27622748294 training courses rustenburg/johannesburg/pretoria
- 2 Packing for safari in South Africa (summer)
- 3 Namibia Itinerary
- 4 name issue
- 5 Israel for 10 days
- 6 First safari- what to wear? Gifts for locals?
- 7 Tanzania - first trip - many questions.
- 8 Rental Car Rabat Airport
- 9 14-16 day visit to South Africa
- 10 experiences with African travel Resource
- 11 3 days in Jo'Burg
- 12 Madagascar suggestions
- 13 Travelling to Atlas mountains
- 14 3-part Zimbabwe: Join Wild Dog Researcher, Walk Mana Pools, Canoe Zambezi
- 15 First time in Southafrica - Suggested itinerary
- 16 Seven day solo trip to Morocco
- 17 East Africa Travel Visa - Starting in Kenya
- 18 4 weeks in South Africa ideas
- 19 only private conservancies or can i add in a national park
- 20 Single traveler
- 21 Should I visit Vamizi Island again?
- 22 Liquids Restrictions - South Africa to Zimbabwe
- 23 Morocco & Spain with Kidos!
- 24 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 25 My Magical Southern African Photography Safari: A Trip Report