Back from an amazing trip to South Africa, Tanzania and Rwanda.
Working with injured/orphaned wild animals in South Africa, so that is always going to be special!
Then timed Tanzania with migration of wildebeest and zebra perfectly in the Western Corridor, so thanks to all of those who helped me decide where to go. They all seemed to be heading north when we left for Rwanda. We saw so much it was amazing though I will say it was distance gameviewing mostly, wish I had know you could get an off road permit, and I was shocked at how many vehicles we past and at sightings, especially the cats! We were often locked in by other vehicles parked all around us, so guess I am use to seeing a lot less vehicles and animals fairly close in South Africa.
Lastly, Rwanda was amazing both the country and the gorillas. Two relatively easy walks and one that was to be moderate but ended up being long and hard, but fantastic all the same. Quite frankly I am amazed the 8 of us made it out without injury, but due to our great chief guide we did!
Will try and do a summary trip report and working on photos now!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Thinking About Africa...Again!
- 2 advise on joburg pls!
- 3 help with itinerary please
- 4 Where to holiday in late June/early July 2017?
- 5 3 weeks in Uganda - Our Experience
- 6 A weeks trip to Egypt.couple with a year old babys first birthday!!
- 7 Township Tour Guide
- 8 Seeking recommendation: Beach hotel in Netanya
- 9 Draft itinerary for Morocco
- 10 Gorilla Trekking Rwanda 3 months Pregnant
- 11 Luggage restrictions
- 12 ISRAEL TRIP
- 13 Transportation from Casablanca to Rabat
- 14 South Africa Honeymoon: Sabi Sands Reserve Lodge Recommendation
- 15 Advice on Cape Town in July
- 16 2 Expeditions To The The Danakil Depression - My Experiences
- 17 15 day tour in Morocco - itinerary advices
- 18 Cape Town + Eastern Cape
- 19 Help with safari itinerary with 9 year old
- 20 Tel Aviv Nightlife for 30+
- 21 Advice on East African trip
- 22 Help plan African Safari
- 23 Anyone stayed at Mosetlha Camp in Madikwe?
- 24 East African Visa Beware!!!
- 25 Zimbabwe 4x4 camper