Back from an amazing trip to South Africa, Tanzania and Rwanda.
Working with injured/orphaned wild animals in South Africa, so that is always going to be special!
Then timed Tanzania with migration of wildebeest and zebra perfectly in the Western Corridor, so thanks to all of those who helped me decide where to go. They all seemed to be heading north when we left for Rwanda. We saw so much it was amazing though I will say it was distance gameviewing mostly, wish I had know you could get an off road permit, and I was shocked at how many vehicles we past and at sightings, especially the cats! We were often locked in by other vehicles parked all around us, so guess I am use to seeing a lot less vehicles and animals fairly close in South Africa.
Lastly, Rwanda was amazing both the country and the gorillas. Two relatively easy walks and one that was to be moderate but ended up being long and hard, but fantastic all the same. Quite frankly I am amazed the 8 of us made it out without injury, but due to our great chief guide we did!
Will try and do a summary trip report and working on photos now!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 safari private lodges - % off rack rates
- 2 Tanzania Safari Itinerary Advice Needed - Mid-May 2017
- 3 Amazing Kenya - a must visit
- 4 Rwanda - Gorilla Trekking
- 5 Uganda Visit - A beautiful Country
- 6 HELP WITH TOURS FROM EILAT TO PETRA
- 7 Uganda Visa
- 8 Uganda Trip Report
- 9 First Sight at the Half the World-Iran
- 10 South Africa Adventure Activities - Help Needed
- 11 Trip Report: June, 2016 S. Africa, Zambia and Malawi
- 12 Marrakech Itinerary - Desert or Atlas?
- 13 Trip to Petra
- 14 Dubai Desert Safari - Toddler Friendly?
- 15 Cape Town -safety
- 16 Trip to Merzouga
- 17 Any advise on travelling in Morocco
- 18 Swaziland in January
- 19 MOROCCO FOR 10 DAYS
- 20 good internet connection option Meknes
- 21 Overnight train from Fez to Marrakesh
- 22 Trip report about self-driving in Northern Namibia for 2 weeks in May 2014
- 23 Safari - March 2017 Timbavati vs. Sabi Sands
- 24 Pictures & Trip Report - Self-drive: South Africa & Namibia 2008
- 25 Tanzania Safari with OAT