Back from an amazing trip to South Africa, Tanzania and Rwanda.
Working with injured/orphaned wild animals in South Africa, so that is always going to be special!
Then timed Tanzania with migration of wildebeest and zebra perfectly in the Western Corridor, so thanks to all of those who helped me decide where to go. They all seemed to be heading north when we left for Rwanda. We saw so much it was amazing though I will say it was distance gameviewing mostly, wish I had know you could get an off road permit, and I was shocked at how many vehicles we past and at sightings, especially the cats! We were often locked in by other vehicles parked all around us, so guess I am use to seeing a lot less vehicles and animals fairly close in South Africa.
Lastly, Rwanda was amazing both the country and the gorillas. Two relatively easy walks and one that was to be moderate but ended up being long and hard, but fantastic all the same. Quite frankly I am amazed the 8 of us made it out without injury, but due to our great chief guide we did!
Will try and do a summary trip report and working on photos now!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 http://www.healthproducthub.com/slim-fit-180-reviews/
- 2 Where to stay in the Masai Mara?
- 3 Bus / minibus J'burg - Lesotho
- 4 The Heat and Dust of Kafue & the Busanga Plains
- 5 Tanzania Great Migration, when to go
- 6 6 nights in Masai Mara or Masai Mara and Lake Nakuru?
- 7 Morocco Highlights
- 8 Uganda Trip Report
- 9 Money in Uganda
- 10 Active Family's First Trip to Africa - South Africa or Botswana
- 11 VISA for Mozambique
- 12 15 days Morocco Itinerary Help please
- 13 Egypt Quickie Trip
- 14 Cape Verdean Esqudos
- 15 Royal Air Maroc Dreamliner JFK-CMN and maybe connect to RAK
- 16 Traditional music + dance in South Africa?
- 17 Best African Safari
- 18 December Serengeti Itinerary
- 19 Wildbeest migration tour operator
- 20 beach visit after safari
- 21 Petra Wadi Rum
- 22 Questions on Israel/Jordan Border Crossings and Jordan Travel. Need Help!
- 23 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 24 Transportation from Tel Aviv Airport to Jerusalem
- 25 What is worth seeing in November?