Back from an amazing trip to South Africa, Tanzania and Rwanda.
Working with injured/orphaned wild animals in South Africa, so that is always going to be special!
Then timed Tanzania with migration of wildebeest and zebra perfectly in the Western Corridor, so thanks to all of those who helped me decide where to go. They all seemed to be heading north when we left for Rwanda. We saw so much it was amazing though I will say it was distance gameviewing mostly, wish I had know you could get an off road permit, and I was shocked at how many vehicles we past and at sightings, especially the cats! We were often locked in by other vehicles parked all around us, so guess I am use to seeing a lot less vehicles and animals fairly close in South Africa.
Lastly, Rwanda was amazing both the country and the gorillas. Two relatively easy walks and one that was to be moderate but ended up being long and hard, but fantastic all the same. Quite frankly I am amazed the 8 of us made it out without injury, but due to our great chief guide we did!
Will try and do a summary trip report and working on photos now!
Back from my trip to South Africa, Tanzania and Rwanda!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 BUY FAKE PASSPORT (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 2 Around Morocco - Lahcen Boujouija
- 3 Nairobi Airport Layover
- 4 Child friendly holiday house or apartment in Cape Town (repeat request)
- 5 Uganda/Rwanda - trip report and lots of information for independent travel
- 6 Interesting and uncommon stuff to do in Tel Aviv?
- 7 Embarrassing question about gorilla tracking
- 8 New regulations for parents traveling to or in South Africa with children
- 9 Overnight train Marrakech - Tangiers the same day of return flight
- 10 Charity begins at Home!
- 11 Sun Safaris
- 12 Advice: soft luggage for S. Africa safari w/small planes
- 13 Small Tented Camp under $350USD in Kenya??
- 14 2 Weeks In Iran: So Far Away From The Clichés!
- 15 Just back from our Chobe and Delta trip-WOW,WOW, WOW!
- 16 Looking for a travel partner for photography trip to Africa
- 17 Morocco and Algeria or Tunisia
- 18 Tour to Morocco
- 19 Camping in Erg Chebbi -- are there bathrooms???
- 20 Where should one seek adventure in Jerusalem?
- 21 Value for money, must eat restaurant in Tel Aviv?
- 22 Safari in Kenya & Tanzania - A report on Camps, Parks, Tips, Packing, Photo, Money & more.
- 23 Photographic Magazine's Top 10 Tips For Shooting On Safari...
- 24 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 25 Uganda again