Back from an amazing trip to South Africa, Tanzania and Rwanda.
Working with injured/orphaned wild animals in South Africa, so that is always going to be special!
Then timed Tanzania with migration of wildebeest and zebra perfectly in the Western Corridor, so thanks to all of those who helped me decide where to go. They all seemed to be heading north when we left for Rwanda. We saw so much it was amazing though I will say it was distance gameviewing mostly, wish I had know you could get an off road permit, and I was shocked at how many vehicles we past and at sightings, especially the cats! We were often locked in by other vehicles parked all around us, so guess I am use to seeing a lot less vehicles and animals fairly close in South Africa.
Lastly, Rwanda was amazing both the country and the gorillas. Two relatively easy walks and one that was to be moderate but ended up being long and hard, but fantastic all the same. Quite frankly I am amazed the 8 of us made it out without injury, but due to our great chief guide we did!
Will try and do a summary trip report and working on photos now!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Tanzania vs. Botswana
- 2 Single traveler
- 3 Logistics on staying in a riad in the medina
- 4 Route 1+90 allowed with rental car?
- 5 Fly or Train from CMN to Fes/Marrakesh
- 6 best bag to get for fly in safari in kenya
- 7 First time safari advice and awkward question
- 8 Souvenirs from South Africa
- 9 First Safari trip-on the right track?
- 10 Viator tour company
- 11 tours in Johannesburg
- 12 Planning my last day in Morocco
- 13 Egypt Quickie Trip
- 14 South African Cities
- 15 First Time Safari Help...Use a tour or not?
- 16 Luggage protection for Joburg?
- 17 Travelling during Purim or not?
- 18 East African Visa Beware!!!
- 19 Stanleys Camp Luggage
- 20 where to go in africa
- 21 Help with Flight Option: CMN or RAK
- 22 Ethiopian Holidays You Should Not Miss
- 23 Best Wineries - 2-3 days in Franschhoek and Stellenbosch
- 24 Tentative Itinerary - what do you think?
- 25 Help with bags