Back from an amazing trip to South Africa, Tanzania and Rwanda.
Working with injured/orphaned wild animals in South Africa, so that is always going to be special!
Then timed Tanzania with migration of wildebeest and zebra perfectly in the Western Corridor, so thanks to all of those who helped me decide where to go. They all seemed to be heading north when we left for Rwanda. We saw so much it was amazing though I will say it was distance gameviewing mostly, wish I had know you could get an off road permit, and I was shocked at how many vehicles we past and at sightings, especially the cats! We were often locked in by other vehicles parked all around us, so guess I am use to seeing a lot less vehicles and animals fairly close in South Africa.
Lastly, Rwanda was amazing both the country and the gorillas. Two relatively easy walks and one that was to be moderate but ended up being long and hard, but fantastic all the same. Quite frankly I am amazed the 8 of us made it out without injury, but due to our great chief guide we did!
Will try and do a summary trip report and working on photos now!
Back from my trip to South Africa, Tanzania and Rwanda!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 MOROCCO SOLO
- 2 Morocco for 2 nights
- 3 Draft itinerary - Portugal, Spain, Morocco
- 4 February vs March in Tanzania - Dueling Trip Reports
- 5 Looking for out of the way places
- 6 Morocco on the road: trip report
- 7 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 8 Help: 4 days, 3 nights in (or our of) Johannesburg
- 9 Tanzania Safari
- 10 Kenya and Tanzania Trip Planning Help
- 11 Sabi Sands camps
- 12 AHLA Tanzania Mt. Kilimanjaro & Safari 4 days
- 13 Maldives, Seychelles or Mauritius??
- 14 trip report, morocco
- 15 Photos from Sept 2013 Safari to Uganda
- 16 Seeking Itinerary Routing for 3 week SA Trip
- 17 16 Days in South Africa (Victoria Falls, Zimbawe & Botswana)
- 18 First Time in Israel Tour Suggestions
- 19 East Africa summer 2014
- 20 Cape Town Safety?
- 21 first time family safari in August 2014
- 22 BOTSWANA - Maun (Okavango) to Chobe - 4x4 self drive...
- 23 Memory cards for camera
- 24 Self Drive SA, Botswana, Zimbabwe - help, 4x4 hire/border restrictions
- 25 Questions on 10 day Morocco winter vacation