Back from an amazing trip to South Africa, Tanzania and Rwanda.
Working with injured/orphaned wild animals in South Africa, so that is always going to be special!
Then timed Tanzania with migration of wildebeest and zebra perfectly in the Western Corridor, so thanks to all of those who helped me decide where to go. They all seemed to be heading north when we left for Rwanda. We saw so much it was amazing though I will say it was distance gameviewing mostly, wish I had know you could get an off road permit, and I was shocked at how many vehicles we past and at sightings, especially the cats! We were often locked in by other vehicles parked all around us, so guess I am use to seeing a lot less vehicles and animals fairly close in South Africa.
Lastly, Rwanda was amazing both the country and the gorillas. Two relatively easy walks and one that was to be moderate but ended up being long and hard, but fantastic all the same. Quite frankly I am amazed the 8 of us made it out without injury, but due to our great chief guide we did!
Will try and do a summary trip report and working on photos now!
Back from my trip to South Africa, Tanzania and Rwanda!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Travel Agent in DC: Seeking Reviews
- 2 Wild Dogs (Lycaon pictus) seen in Samburu Kenya
- 3 Need advice on which camera lenses for safari
- 4 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 5 Mashatu, Kgalagadi to Caprivi and a Moremi mobile with Masson Safaris
- 6 Morocco Advice
- 7 5/6 day trip in Morocco. Tips for itinerary and mode of travel
- 8 Good travel company to book an 8 day trip to Egypt
- 9 Guide for Serengeti Wildebeest Migration Jan 2015
- 10 I'm going on safari for free!
- 11 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 12 tanzania serengeti northern circuit self drive
- 13 Staying overnight at Nairobi Airport as solo female traveler?
- 14 Dubai first time
- 15 Private guide, non-self drive Namibia with Wild Dog Safaris in June
- 16 Overland from the Cape to the Serengeti
- 17 Observation - Possible Limited Space During Peak Season
- 18 South Africa's Eight UNESCO Sites
- 19 2015 Family Safari Tanzania Questions
- 20 5 day Seychelles trip in December
- 21 Anyone Else heading to Egypt in December?
- 22 16 day mixed trip
- 23 7 days visit to Jordan in Dec 2014
- 24 Canadian Insurance
- 25 Evacuation Insurance