Back from an amazing trip to South Africa, Tanzania and Rwanda.
Working with injured/orphaned wild animals in South Africa, so that is always going to be special!
Then timed Tanzania with migration of wildebeest and zebra perfectly in the Western Corridor, so thanks to all of those who helped me decide where to go. They all seemed to be heading north when we left for Rwanda. We saw so much it was amazing though I will say it was distance gameviewing mostly, wish I had know you could get an off road permit, and I was shocked at how many vehicles we past and at sightings, especially the cats! We were often locked in by other vehicles parked all around us, so guess I am use to seeing a lot less vehicles and animals fairly close in South Africa.
Lastly, Rwanda was amazing both the country and the gorillas. Two relatively easy walks and one that was to be moderate but ended up being long and hard, but fantastic all the same. Quite frankly I am amazed the 8 of us made it out without injury, but due to our great chief guide we did!
Will try and do a summary trip report and working on photos now!
Back from my trip to South Africa, Tanzania and Rwanda!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Help please! Trying to plan an African trip!
- 2 2 Weeks In Iran: So Far Away From The Clichés!
- 3 Questions about Chobe
- 4 15 days, 5 walks, 4 medinas, 3 gal of mint tea, 2 camel rides, one Morocco!
- 5 FS: 2013 Toyota Sequoia PLATINUM / Evoque 2012
- 6 Mala Mala Luxury Suite or Sabi Sabi Mandleve Presidential Suite?
- 7 What camera to use on safari
- 8 Wildlife camps in Kenya and Tanzania
- 9 Staying out all day vs coming in for lunch in Botswana parks/concessions?
- 10 Lamu or Zanzibar?
- 11 India
- 12 Tanzania (Ruaha): Trip Report for Mwagusi Camp
- 13 Ideas about the trip.
- 14 Israel/Jordan -- other trip options to bypass Israel?
- 15 3 days in Teheran
- 16 CAMEL TREK IN MOROCCO
- 17 trip report s africa, victoria falls & Botswana Zambezi Queen
- 18 Draft itinerary - Portugal, Spain, Morocco
- 19 Some advice re driving from Durban to Capetown via Umtata
- 20 Oman - moderate priced hotel near souks
- 21 Taxi - Casablanca Airport to El Jdidh
- 22 Ethiopian Air - Horrible
- 23 Botswana vs Namibia in May
- 24 Discover Namibia Tours & Safaris - Gemma Dry
- 25 FOREX Nairobi airport