Back from an amazing trip to South Africa, Tanzania and Rwanda.
Working with injured/orphaned wild animals in South Africa, so that is always going to be special!
Then timed Tanzania with migration of wildebeest and zebra perfectly in the Western Corridor, so thanks to all of those who helped me decide where to go. They all seemed to be heading north when we left for Rwanda. We saw so much it was amazing though I will say it was distance gameviewing mostly, wish I had know you could get an off road permit, and I was shocked at how many vehicles we past and at sightings, especially the cats! We were often locked in by other vehicles parked all around us, so guess I am use to seeing a lot less vehicles and animals fairly close in South Africa.
Lastly, Rwanda was amazing both the country and the gorillas. Two relatively easy walks and one that was to be moderate but ended up being long and hard, but fantastic all the same. Quite frankly I am amazed the 8 of us made it out without injury, but due to our great chief guide we did!
Will try and do a summary trip report and working on photos now!
Back from my trip to South Africa, Tanzania and Rwanda!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Seychelles, Mauritius and South Africa Trip Report
- 2 Namibia.It has suddenly dawned on me.
- 3 Tanzania camping safari itinerary
- 4 Morocco Trip Report
- 5 Well traveled...but not in Africa. Need help with itineraries!
- 6 Help needed getting from Tel Aviv Airport to Eilat
- 7 Wondering about airfare for 2016 Kenya safari
- 8 Car Rentals in Israel
- 9 Five Thousand Years in 19 days - Pyramids, Tombs, Camels and a River
- 10 PORT SAID/CAIRO - 1 DAY off cruise ship
- 11 Travelling with my elderly Mum to Jordan, Israel and PA
- 12 Hotel- 1 night in Doha
- 13 Americans in Iran - an amazing 1-month trip
- 14 Johannesburg...?
- 15 5 nights in Cape Town - 5 restaurants
- 16 How much time for Egyptian Museum of Antiquity
- 17 Recent Travel to Burkina Faso
- 18 Islands to spend holidays
- 19 Tanzania Itinerary Advice
- 20 Please help me choose which Tanzania safari!
- 21 Safari buddies - late August
- 22 Suggestions for a week in Dubai
- 23 Winelands, South Africa - Need a Plan
- 24 TRIP REPORTART I: BUDGET, NOVICE TRIP TO ETHIOPIA AND KENYA
- 25 Tanzania Safari Itinerary Help Please?!!...Or Book When I Get There?