Back from an amazing trip to South Africa, Tanzania and Rwanda.
Working with injured/orphaned wild animals in South Africa, so that is always going to be special!
Then timed Tanzania with migration of wildebeest and zebra perfectly in the Western Corridor, so thanks to all of those who helped me decide where to go. They all seemed to be heading north when we left for Rwanda. We saw so much it was amazing though I will say it was distance gameviewing mostly, wish I had know you could get an off road permit, and I was shocked at how many vehicles we past and at sightings, especially the cats! We were often locked in by other vehicles parked all around us, so guess I am use to seeing a lot less vehicles and animals fairly close in South Africa.
Lastly, Rwanda was amazing both the country and the gorillas. Two relatively easy walks and one that was to be moderate but ended up being long and hard, but fantastic all the same. Quite frankly I am amazed the 8 of us made it out without injury, but due to our great chief guide we did!
Will try and do a summary trip report and working on photos now!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Beirut/Lebanon for 4 days--What not to miss?
- 2 Help please! Trying to plan an Asia/Middle East/Russia trip!
- 3 Help with choosing which areas to visit
- 4 Royal Malewane or Singita Boulders
- 5 The new trip itinerary in Oman
- 6 JNB - CPT flight/transfer time
- 7 Beautiful Morocco Sep/15
- 8 Beautiful Morocco Sep/15 part 2
- 9 First Safari- Tanzania or Botswana?
- 10 Soon: Sun Festivals Abu Simbel 22 Feb - 22 Oct
- 11 How to make the most in Kuwait
- 12 Uganda, Rwanda, and Zanzibar-Brief Trip Report
- 13 Skip Casablanca and Rabat?
- 14 African Safari Recommendations
- 15 Best Places in Israel?
- 16 Northern Morocco in December- enough time?
- 17 South Africa Itinerary
- 18 Marocco in October
- 19 advise needed villa rental Morrocco
- 20 East African Visa Beware!!!
- 21 Hotel and other Suggestions for Dubai. . .
- 22 An African experience with 5 yrs old child
- 23 Special campsites Serengeti; booking Agency
- 24 Nairobi Traffic from Elephant Orphanage to Airport & Arranging Visit
- 25 African Safari Without Small Planes!