Back from an amazing trip to South Africa, Tanzania and Rwanda.
Working with injured/orphaned wild animals in South Africa, so that is always going to be special!
Then timed Tanzania with migration of wildebeest and zebra perfectly in the Western Corridor, so thanks to all of those who helped me decide where to go. They all seemed to be heading north when we left for Rwanda. We saw so much it was amazing though I will say it was distance gameviewing mostly, wish I had know you could get an off road permit, and I was shocked at how many vehicles we past and at sightings, especially the cats! We were often locked in by other vehicles parked all around us, so guess I am use to seeing a lot less vehicles and animals fairly close in South Africa.
Lastly, Rwanda was amazing both the country and the gorillas. Two relatively easy walks and one that was to be moderate but ended up being long and hard, but fantastic all the same. Quite frankly I am amazed the 8 of us made it out without injury, but due to our great chief guide we did!
Will try and do a summary trip report and working on photos now!
Back from my trip to South Africa, Tanzania and Rwanda!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Well traveled...but not in Africa. Need help with itineraries!
- 2 Uganda Trip Report
- 3 Johannesburg...?
- 4 LION WORLD TRAVEL
- 5 Tanzania camping safari itinerary
- 6 Five Thousand Years in 19 days - Pyramids, Tombs, Camels and a River
- 7 Jordan safety concerns
- 8 Rip-off Warning: Duty Free Shop in Dar es Salaam
- 9 Winelands, South Africa - Need a Plan
- 10 Yellow fever vaccination for trip to southern Africa
- 11 Best Economy Hotels In Bahrain
- 12 Just Back: Taming Kilimanjaro and northern Tanzania
- 13 A family safari in Tanzania
- 14 Early Planning for Spring/Summer 2016 - Wild Dogs, Leopards and Cheetahs
- 15 3 weeks in Uganda - Our Experience
- 16 Epic budget trip in Kenya and Tanzania (safari and more)
- 17 Popular destinations in Africa.
- 18 Central African Republic: Open for Tourists Again
- 19 Morocco Sahara Desert Tour Experience
- 20 Nairobi airport - any updates?
- 21 Boutique hotels in israel
- 22 Tanzania Self Drive June 2015
- 23 Short layover at JNB
- 24 Angata Ngorongoro v Rhino Ldg/Angata Bolongoja v Tingitana Nrth Serengeti
- 25 Uganda or Rwanda?