Back from an amazing trip to South Africa, Tanzania and Rwanda.
Working with injured/orphaned wild animals in South Africa, so that is always going to be special!
Then timed Tanzania with migration of wildebeest and zebra perfectly in the Western Corridor, so thanks to all of those who helped me decide where to go. They all seemed to be heading north when we left for Rwanda. We saw so much it was amazing though I will say it was distance gameviewing mostly, wish I had know you could get an off road permit, and I was shocked at how many vehicles we past and at sightings, especially the cats! We were often locked in by other vehicles parked all around us, so guess I am use to seeing a lot less vehicles and animals fairly close in South Africa.
Lastly, Rwanda was amazing both the country and the gorillas. Two relatively easy walks and one that was to be moderate but ended up being long and hard, but fantastic all the same. Quite frankly I am amazed the 8 of us made it out without injury, but due to our great chief guide we did!
Will try and do a summary trip report and working on photos now!
Back from my trip to South Africa, Tanzania and Rwanda!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Rwanda, Uganda and Tanzania
- 2 Zambia Impressions
- 3 Taste of Dubai
- 4 Now is the Time fo Egypt...
- 5 Morocco floods - areas affected
- 6 Zanzibar - from a resident's perspective
- 7 Magnificent wedding in the Masai Mara
- 8 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 9 Travel Report for Malawi - A Great Place To Relax
- 10 Serengeti Photo Safari - April 2015
- 11 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 12 Comments on Botswana itinerary with Wilderness Travel
- 13 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 14 Dubai first time
- 15 Mauritius September 2015 - Silver Beach Resort or Emeraude Beach Attitude?
- 16 Don't go to Morrocco!
- 17 Where to spend extra night; Merzouga or Skoura?
- 18 Canoe Safari Jan - Feb
- 19 Dubai and/or Oman
- 20 Good travel company to book an 8 day trip to Egypt
- 21 Need advice on which camera lenses for safari
- 22 Morocco Advice
- 23 MOROCCO SOLO
- 24 Guide for Serengeti Wildebeest Migration Jan 2015
- 25 Suggestions for a group tour