Back from an amazing trip to South Africa, Tanzania and Rwanda.
Working with injured/orphaned wild animals in South Africa, so that is always going to be special!
Then timed Tanzania with migration of wildebeest and zebra perfectly in the Western Corridor, so thanks to all of those who helped me decide where to go. They all seemed to be heading north when we left for Rwanda. We saw so much it was amazing though I will say it was distance gameviewing mostly, wish I had know you could get an off road permit, and I was shocked at how many vehicles we past and at sightings, especially the cats! We were often locked in by other vehicles parked all around us, so guess I am use to seeing a lot less vehicles and animals fairly close in South Africa.
Lastly, Rwanda was amazing both the country and the gorillas. Two relatively easy walks and one that was to be moderate but ended up being long and hard, but fantastic all the same. Quite frankly I am amazed the 8 of us made it out without injury, but due to our great chief guide we did!
Will try and do a summary trip report and working on photos now!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Tanzania vs. Botswana
- 2 Amazing 40th Anniversary Celebration in South Africa
- 3 Morocco Questions
- 4 Swartberg Pass or not?
- 5 Botswana in January
- 6 FloShuttle. from Ben Gurion airport
- 7 Help please! Port Elizabeth/Addo Elephant
- 8 Activities to Keep the Kids Entertained in Dubai
- 9 Rhino Africa - Reviews
- 10 Last-minute South Africa advice?
- 11 Help me plan a family safari for three generations!
- 12 Planning & Strategy for 1st African Safari - Early July 2017
- 13 Southern Africa, 2 weeks, 10 passport stamps!!
- 14 Done with tourist activity/ two fully free solo days
- 15 2 days i n JO'burg
- 16 Victoria Falls 3 day visit from a month in SA
- 17 Timbavati or Klaserie Game Lodge Options
- 18 Jnb to Vic Falls cheap
- 19 Zambia HELP!
- 20 Israel in January
- 21 Morocco touring from Agadir
- 22 Imilchil marriage festival 2016 in Morocco
- 23 Safe to Travel to Morocco
- 24 3 weeks in Uganda - Our Experience
- 25 Guidance on Single Supplement Fess