Back from an amazing trip to South Africa, Tanzania and Rwanda.
Working with injured/orphaned wild animals in South Africa, so that is always going to be special!
Then timed Tanzania with migration of wildebeest and zebra perfectly in the Western Corridor, so thanks to all of those who helped me decide where to go. They all seemed to be heading north when we left for Rwanda. We saw so much it was amazing though I will say it was distance gameviewing mostly, wish I had know you could get an off road permit, and I was shocked at how many vehicles we past and at sightings, especially the cats! We were often locked in by other vehicles parked all around us, so guess I am use to seeing a lot less vehicles and animals fairly close in South Africa.
Lastly, Rwanda was amazing both the country and the gorillas. Two relatively easy walks and one that was to be moderate but ended up being long and hard, but fantastic all the same. Quite frankly I am amazed the 8 of us made it out without injury, but due to our great chief guide we did!
Will try and do a summary trip report and working on photos now!
Back from my trip to South Africa, Tanzania and Rwanda!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Need advice on which camera lenses for safari
- 2 Durban / Hluhluwe / Ponta Mamoli (Mozambique) / Mkuze Falls Itinerary
- 3 Cape Town Trip
- 4 Nairobi Airport Layover
- 5 2015 Family Safari Tanzania Questions
- 6 New exit tax when departing Tunisia
- 7 Kenya - July 2014 - Acacia House in Masai Mara area
- 8 Eight days in Israel--What did I miss?
- 9 Cairo Hotels and Safety
- 10 What a wonderful holiday in Kenya!!
- 11 Uganda/Rwanda - trip report and lots of information for independent travel
- 12 Eilat to Petra
- 13 Long layover at Hamad Airport, Doha
- 14 DAY TRIP FROM AGADIR
- 15 Private driver for one day from Agadir?
- 16 Safaga activités
- 17 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 18 12 hours layover in Cairo
- 19 Jordan vacation
- 20 Has anyone used this safari company in Uganda?
- 21 Tipping for a hot air balloon safari?
- 22 Morocco Imperial Cities & Sahara Desert - Any recommended itinerary ?
- 23 tanzania serengeti northern circuit self drive
- 24 Serengeti self-drive camping trip
- 25 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)