I wanted to be available for questions regarding Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Zimbabwe, South Africa (Cape town only), Tanzania and Zanziba. My husband and I returned from a 3 month honeymoon in these countries. We had an amazing time and did both camping and luxury properties.
Of all the places we went, we most highly recommend:
--Roland's camp in Mahale Mountains, Tanzania for seeing the chimps
--Northern Tanzania for scenery, people, and spectacular animal viewing
--Maasia Camp near Olduvai gorge if you are interested in talking with and spending time with Maasai, and hiking with them
--Zanzibar, especially emerson and green, Chole Mijini, Chumbe island, and Matemwe bungalows
--Namibia...a gorgeous desert country with great wildlife viewing in Etosha national park. It's an inexpensive place for Americans to travel, and you can either join a tour or drive yourself. We did both.
--Victoria falls, from the Zambia side, We stayed at the luxusious Tongabezi which was fantastic, and did the "livingston island picnic" which allows you to swim up to the edge of the falls
--canoeing in Mana Pools, Zimbabwe (you can also do this from Zambia)
--Chikwenya lodge in Zimbabwe was lovely in every way
if you have questions I will try to respond on this forum.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 http://colodetoxplusfrance.net/gladiator-flashlights/
- 2 Trip Report : Mauritius and Rodrigues
- 3 First Trip to Africa, first safari...which itinerary should I go with?
- 4 South African Safari Company Recommendations
- 5 Help please! Trying to plan an African trip!
- 6 Help with Kenya Safari plans.
- 7 Cape Town to Port Elizabeth, hidden gems not on the normal tourist path?
- 8 Hire a driver for a week in Morocco
- 9 Yom Hazikaron
- 10 Yom Haatzmaut
- 11 Morocco April Itinerary 10 days
- 12 May 10-July 10 in Africa
- 13 recomendation on African Safari company
- 14 Kenya Vs. tanzania
- 15 Comparing a few cities in Morocco
- 16 Tour with friendly planet to SA in October 2016
- 17 One extra day in Jordan
- 18 Burkina Faso travel tips route tourist attractions photo gallery
- 19 Where to stay for a night in Johannesburg?
- 20 Recommendation on where to stay in Durban?
- 21 April Budget Safari - Tanzania
- 22 Israel in Late October or November?
- 23 One month in Africa
- 24 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda
- 25 Route planning and advice visiting Southern Africa by car.