I wanted to be available for questions regarding Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Zimbabwe, South Africa (Cape town only), Tanzania and Zanziba. My husband and I returned from a 3 month honeymoon in these countries. We had an amazing time and did both camping and luxury properties.
Of all the places we went, we most highly recommend:
--Roland's camp in Mahale Mountains, Tanzania for seeing the chimps
--Northern Tanzania for scenery, people, and spectacular animal viewing
--Maasia Camp near Olduvai gorge if you are interested in talking with and spending time with Maasai, and hiking with them
--Zanzibar, especially emerson and green, Chole Mijini, Chumbe island, and Matemwe bungalows
--Namibia...a gorgeous desert country with great wildlife viewing in Etosha national park. It's an inexpensive place for Americans to travel, and you can either join a tour or drive yourself. We did both.
--Victoria falls, from the Zambia side, We stayed at the luxusious Tongabezi which was fantastic, and did the "livingston island picnic" which allows you to swim up to the edge of the falls
--canoeing in Mana Pools, Zimbabwe (you can also do this from Zambia)
--Chikwenya lodge in Zimbabwe was lovely in every way
if you have questions I will try to respond on this forum.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 http://healthonlinereviews.com/pain-absolve-rx/
- 2 Kenya and Tanzaniz combined 13 days Safari
- 3 safari for the mobility impaired
- 4 Restaurants and other suggestions - Fez, Essaouira
- 5 Itinerary and logistics of Mid April Mrocco solo
- 6 Carpet cooperative in Fes or Chefchaouen
- 7 Electric plugs in Morocco
- 8 Recommendations for Houseboat in Chobe
- 9 South Africa planning next Feb/March
- 10 Must sees in Southern Africa
- 11 Jerusalem and the Holy Land
- 12 Kruger National Park with 5 year old
- 13 Car Rental Casablanca Aptil
- 14 A couple of quick questions about Israel
- 15 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 16 Family Kenya Safari July 2017
- 17 Proposed Itinerary Israel & Jordan
- 18 Want to take your laptop on the plane?
- 19 Recommendation on where to stay in Durban?
- 20 13 Days Tanzania and Kenya Safari
- 21 Morocco: Do it yourself, or get a tour company?
- 22 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 23 Buying merchandise
- 24 Kenya and Tanzania Tour Companies
- 25 Egypt January-February 2018