I wanted to be available for questions regarding Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Zimbabwe, South Africa (Cape town only), Tanzania and Zanziba. My husband and I returned from a 3 month honeymoon in these countries. We had an amazing time and did both camping and luxury properties.
Of all the places we went, we most highly recommend:
--Roland's camp in Mahale Mountains, Tanzania for seeing the chimps
--Northern Tanzania for scenery, people, and spectacular animal viewing
--Maasia Camp near Olduvai gorge if you are interested in talking with and spending time with Maasai, and hiking with them
--Zanzibar, especially emerson and green, Chole Mijini, Chumbe island, and Matemwe bungalows
--Namibia...a gorgeous desert country with great wildlife viewing in Etosha national park. It's an inexpensive place for Americans to travel, and you can either join a tour or drive yourself. We did both.
--Victoria falls, from the Zambia side, We stayed at the luxusious Tongabezi which was fantastic, and did the "livingston island picnic" which allows you to swim up to the edge of the falls
--canoeing in Mana Pools, Zimbabwe (you can also do this from Zambia)
--Chikwenya lodge in Zimbabwe was lovely in every way
if you have questions I will try to respond on this forum.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 ORDER REGISTERED IELTS CERTIFICATE,GRE,TOEIC,TOEFL,PET, FCE
- 2 http://www.toptryloburn.com/super-flora-probiotic/
- 3 Late August Cape Town/Safari/Vic Falls Advice Wanted
- 4 3-part Zimbabwe: Join Wild Dog Researcher, Walk Mana Pools, Canoe Zambezi
- 5 First time Safari - any comments on Wild Wings/Taga Safari companies?
- 6 March Trip to South Africa -- Need Quick Guidance Please!
- 7 Route planning and advice visiting Southern Africa by car.
- 8 South Africa Kgalagadi & Kruger back-to-back in 2016
- 9 Alexandria
- 10 Dubai in 36 hours
- 11 good internet connection option Meknes
- 12 A very belated TR - South of Namibia with Kgalagadi
- 13 South Africa trip report
- 14 Marrakesh - Expenses
- 15 Can gay people travel safely in Morocco?
- 16 Morocco Trip End of April - itinerary help please!
- 17 Mombasa recomendations please
- 18 Private tours in Morocco
- 19 Kings Pool vs. Duma Tau
- 20 Hotels for Victoria falls
- 21 First time to Africa-need help!
- 22 How do I know if a company is legit
- 23 Point and Shoot camera for a Kenyan Safari
- 24 Question about Yellow Fever certificate
- 25 The Heat and Dust of Kafue & the Busanga Plains