I wanted to be available for questions regarding Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Zimbabwe, South Africa (Cape town only), Tanzania and Zanziba. My husband and I returned from a 3 month honeymoon in these countries. We had an amazing time and did both camping and luxury properties.
Of all the places we went, we most highly recommend:
--Roland's camp in Mahale Mountains, Tanzania for seeing the chimps
--Northern Tanzania for scenery, people, and spectacular animal viewing
--Maasia Camp near Olduvai gorge if you are interested in talking with and spending time with Maasai, and hiking with them
--Zanzibar, especially emerson and green, Chole Mijini, Chumbe island, and Matemwe bungalows
--Namibia...a gorgeous desert country with great wildlife viewing in Etosha national park. It's an inexpensive place for Americans to travel, and you can either join a tour or drive yourself. We did both.
--Victoria falls, from the Zambia side, We stayed at the luxusious Tongabezi which was fantastic, and did the "livingston island picnic" which allows you to swim up to the edge of the falls
--canoeing in Mana Pools, Zimbabwe (you can also do this from Zambia)
--Chikwenya lodge in Zimbabwe was lovely in every way
if you have questions I will try to respond on this forum.
back from 3 months in Africa
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 South Africa escorted tour - your comments please!
- 2 Hotels in Nairobi
- 3 Uganda Travel Planning
- 4 Dubai - to go or not to go?
- 5 Short stop in Dubai on our way to Bangkok for a few days
- 6 We're going to Jordan and Israel
- 7 need private tour guide for Jordan
- 8 Kenya Safari: Ngerende Island Lodge, Mara Bushtops, or Porini Camps?
- 9 Tanzania: Ruaha & Selous in June
- 10 Green Season Safari Questions
- 11 Novice Safari question
- 12 Choosing Between Africa Odyssey, Africa Adventure Company, & andBeyond
- 13 Morocco Desert Safari - end of May too hot?
- 14 Quick question about Kenya..
- 15 Choosing A Morocco Tour Operator?
- 16 Morocco in April 2014
- 17 Connect Hemisphere Safaris - BEWARE: Fraudulent, Incompetent
- 18 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 19 Proposed Zambia Itinerary Update
- 20 Anyone going to Tanzania soon ?
- 21 Saudi Arabia and Oman?
- 22 Best time to go to South Africa?
- 23 Israel and Jordan
- 24 Tour of Morocco, is this a good one?
- 25 Tel Aviv Special Occasion Restaurant