We are in the early planning stages for a safari in Botswana in August 2017 for my 30th birthday and I would love to get the input from the experts on the forum regarding the itinerary.
Our goal is to see as much wildlife as possible (I know I know everyone says that for a safari I am sure ). It is our first safari. Comfort wise I don't want to pay for any of the super luxury camps but would like something a bit more comfortable than a mobile camping style tent. I would like a wet camp and a dry camp. I know that San Camp is not where there is the most wildlife but since I saw the pictures from someones trip report on this forum to San Camp I cannot get it out of my head. The landscapes are what are drawing me there!
Here is what I am hoping to be able to do:
2 nights at San Camp in the Makagdikgadi Pans
3 nights in the Okavango at Xigera
3 nights in the Okavango at Little Vurumba
2 nights in the Liyanti at Savuti Camp
2 nights in Livingstone at Toka Leya
I am not 100% sure this can all fit into my budget and will contact a couple of travel agents in the next week. If I can't then I will probably remove the liyanti and livingstone and add some lower priced options in Zimbabwe or Namibia. Would going to Vic falls from Elephant Camp in Zimbabwe bring the price down at all?
Thank you in advance for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Morocco Working Itinerary
- 2 Safari - Camera / Binoculars
- 3 1.5 hours layover Dubai-enough time?
- 4 Is a riad pool in Marrakech usable in May?
- 5 Lag b'Omer: Tel Aviv - Meron after shabbat: how?
- 6 Petra from Israel
- 7 Draft itinerary for Morocco
- 8 Vaccinations and Traveling S Africa / Botswana / Seychelles
- 9 Kenya + Seychelles Honeymoon
- 10 Morocco Trip End of April - itinerary help please!
- 11 israel tour
- 12 Kenya Vs. tanzania
- 13 Can the Seychelles be done on a budget?
- 14 Family Kenya Safari July 2017
- 15 Luxury train ride
- 16 Safety in Fes
- 17 6 Weeks in South & East Africa - travel advice
- 18 Morocco: Do it yourself, or get a tour company?
- 19 Sim card mainly for data
- 20 Honeymoon - South Africa
- 21 Morocco: no such thing as fixed price in Medina
- 22 August 2017 Travel to Kenya/Tanzania
- 23 Urgent help please for my final itinerary Morocco 10 nights
- 24 Cape Town
- 25 An Ugandan Urge- Gorillas & Chimps in the midst