We are in the early planning stages for a safari in Botswana in August 2017 for my 30th birthday and I would love to get the input from the experts on the forum regarding the itinerary.
Our goal is to see as much wildlife as possible (I know I know everyone says that for a safari I am sure ). It is our first safari. Comfort wise I don't want to pay for any of the super luxury camps but would like something a bit more comfortable than a mobile camping style tent. I would like a wet camp and a dry camp. I know that San Camp is not where there is the most wildlife but since I saw the pictures from someones trip report on this forum to San Camp I cannot get it out of my head. The landscapes are what are drawing me there!
Here is what I am hoping to be able to do:
2 nights at San Camp in the Makagdikgadi Pans
3 nights in the Okavango at Xigera
3 nights in the Okavango at Little Vurumba
2 nights in the Liyanti at Savuti Camp
2 nights in Livingstone at Toka Leya
I am not 100% sure this can all fit into my budget and will contact a couple of travel agents in the next week. If I can't then I will probably remove the liyanti and livingstone and add some lower priced options in Zimbabwe or Namibia. Would going to Vic falls from Elephant Camp in Zimbabwe bring the price down at all?
Thank you in advance for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Kenya and Tanzania Tour Companies
- 2 April Budget Safari - Tanzania
- 3 Help with Kenya Safari plans.
- 4 Safari In June
- 5 Business trip to Israel
- 6 Advice for 1st tip to Kenya
- 7 Trip Report : Jordan and United Arab Emirates
- 8 Help please! Trying to plan an African trip!
- 9 honeymoon place
- 10 Suggestions needed for 5 days in Tunisia
- 11 Cape Town to Port Elizabeth, hidden gems not on the normal tourist path?
- 12 Kenya Vs. tanzania
- 13 Hire a driver for a week in Morocco
- 14 Trip Report : Mauritius and Rodrigues
- 15 First Trip to Africa, first safari...which itinerary should I go with?
- 16 South African Safari Company Recommendations
- 17 Yom Hazikaron
- 18 Yom Haatzmaut
- 19 Morocco April Itinerary 10 days
- 20 May 10-July 10 in Africa
- 21 recomendation on African Safari company
- 22 Comparing a few cities in Morocco
- 23 Tour with friendly planet to SA in October 2016
- 24 One extra day in Jordan
- 25 Burkina Faso travel tips route tourist attractions photo gallery