We are in the early planning stages for a safari in Botswana in August 2017 for my 30th birthday and I would love to get the input from the experts on the forum regarding the itinerary.
Our goal is to see as much wildlife as possible (I know I know everyone says that for a safari I am sure ). It is our first safari. Comfort wise I don't want to pay for any of the super luxury camps but would like something a bit more comfortable than a mobile camping style tent. I would like a wet camp and a dry camp. I know that San Camp is not where there is the most wildlife but since I saw the pictures from someones trip report on this forum to San Camp I cannot get it out of my head. The landscapes are what are drawing me there!
Here is what I am hoping to be able to do:
2 nights at San Camp in the Makagdikgadi Pans
3 nights in the Okavango at Xigera
3 nights in the Okavango at Little Vurumba
2 nights in the Liyanti at Savuti Camp
2 nights in Livingstone at Toka Leya
I am not 100% sure this can all fit into my budget and will contact a couple of travel agents in the next week. If I can't then I will probably remove the liyanti and livingstone and add some lower priced options in Zimbabwe or Namibia. Would going to Vic falls from Elephant Camp in Zimbabwe bring the price down at all?
Thank you in advance for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Safari travel agent suggestions?
- 2 CAUTION! Do not deal with IRANIANVISA.COM
- 3 FODOR'S GUIDE TO CLOTHING FOR SAFARI
- 4 Isreal
- 5 First Time Safari Help...Use a tour or not?
- 6 Binocular rentals
- 7 Namibia: any suggestion for a 3 weeks self drive roundtrip?
- 8 Marrakech
- 9 Trip Report Kenya 9 Days With Family
- 10 Dead Sea day trip
- 11 Victoria and Albert Cape Town renovation status
- 12 Southern Africa or Tanzania/Kenya for August 2018 Family Trip
- 13 Advice please: family SA safari August 2018
- 14 Kenya Visa Requirements/Fake Visa Site
- 15 Wayo Africa (Tanzania) Green Camps
- 16 Non Marlaia Africa or Brazil?
- 17 Itinerary Ideas
- 18 South Africa - Guidebook recommendation and other ??
- 19 Travel to Botswana
- 20 Iran travel itinerary -18 days April 2017
- 21 Loldia House Kenya
- 22 Kenya - Plastic Bags
- 23 gamer reserve, lodge, safari camp recommendations
- 24 South Africa visit: Cape Town and Kruger Park
- 25 several short safaris vs one longer one