We are in the early planning stages for a safari in Botswana in August 2017 for my 30th birthday and I would love to get the input from the experts on the forum regarding the itinerary.
Our goal is to see as much wildlife as possible (I know I know everyone says that for a safari I am sure ). It is our first safari. Comfort wise I don't want to pay for any of the super luxury camps but would like something a bit more comfortable than a mobile camping style tent. I would like a wet camp and a dry camp. I know that San Camp is not where there is the most wildlife but since I saw the pictures from someones trip report on this forum to San Camp I cannot get it out of my head. The landscapes are what are drawing me there!
Here is what I am hoping to be able to do:
2 nights at San Camp in the Makagdikgadi Pans
3 nights in the Okavango at Xigera
3 nights in the Okavango at Little Vurumba
2 nights in the Liyanti at Savuti Camp
2 nights in Livingstone at Toka Leya
I am not 100% sure this can all fit into my budget and will contact a couple of travel agents in the next week. If I can't then I will probably remove the liyanti and livingstone and add some lower priced options in Zimbabwe or Namibia. Would going to Vic falls from Elephant Camp in Zimbabwe bring the price down at all?
Thank you in advance for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 아구찜【QK65。COM】옥수수
- 2 Flight or take a jeep transfer from Nairobi to Masai Mara?
- 3 Solo/female/40's US traveler req tour operator recommendations
- 4 Ethiopian Air - Horrible
- 5 61 year old traveling to Kenya/Tanzania by myself
- 6 Zanzibar
- 7 2 Trips to Uganda: my experience
- 8 Itinerary Help - South Africa
- 9 Trip Report: Leaf Leopards & Stone Lions: Kamping in Kruger
- 10 Need tour operator for Tanzania and Kenya
- 11 Self drive tour south africa
- 12 Skip Victoria Falls for more Cape Town?
- 13 Elandskloof Farm Cottages near Greyton in the Western Cape
- 14 Packing for a month in Southern Africa
- 15 Duba activities - help deciding
- 16 Itinerary Input for Northern Israel with Kids
- 17 Private Guide for Cairo
- 18 African Safari/BeachTrip possible in 2 weeks?
- 19 Zimbabwe - Game Viewing in Hwange and Mana Pools?
- 20 Texting from US to Israel
- 21 Itinerary Ideas
- 22 Son of Cecil shot by trophy hunter in Hwange
- 23 Once again last minute short trip to South Africa
- 24 recommendations for first Africa safari?
- 25 Lamu Island or Diani Beach