I guess life is extremely easy when one arrives in Amman--rest of the itinerary falls in place following Ruth's advice. However, I need recommendation when doing it the other way round, i.e., arrriving in Aqaba from Nuweiba. So, here are my questions for my first 2 days in Jordan--please consider the fact that I have only 4-5 days in Jordan. I will be there in the end of the May
1. I will take the fast ferry from Nuweiba to Aqaba. As per the new timetable I should arrive in Aqaba at 3 (as they say "insha allah"). My goal was to leave for Wadi Rum the same evening. As per the Jordan Jublee, there would be no public transportation at that time. Does that mean that I will have to take a Taxi--if so how much should it cost?
2. Assuming that I arrive at Wadi Rum around 5 PM. What are my options in terms of tour? Ideally, I would prefer to spend "that" night in Bedouin tent and spend the next day doing the 4x4 jeep tour covering the major attractions mentioned by Ruth. In the evening I would love to head to Petra so that I can visit Petra ruins bright & early the next morning. Once again, I am aware that I would not get a bus from Wadi Rum to Petra in the evening, so I have to get a taxi.
Is this itinerary possible? Also, please feel free to add any recommendation that you think might be appropriate
Any input would be highly valuable
Aqaba to Wadi Rum in the evening--Transportation logistics
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Botswana vs Namibia in May
- 2 FOREX Nairobi airport
- 3 Saw the Big 5 in one day in the Mara last week!
- 4 Trip report/blog - South Africa honeymoon
- 5 Trip report about self-driving in Northern Namibia for 2 weeks in May 2014
- 6 To go to Israel or not?
- 7 Israel/Jordan -- other trip options to bypass Israel?
- 8 Lamu or Zanzibar?
- 9 Eastern Cape Lodges
- 10 Questions about Chobe
- 11 Best Month for Experiencing The Great Migration
- 12 Dubai > Oman?
- 13 Dubai > Seychelles hop
- 14 Botswana Green Season 2014/15 Camp discounted pricing
- 15 trip report s africa, victoria falls & Botswana Zambezi Queen
- 16 Morocco Tour: Marrakech Fes Merzouga Camel Trek in Sahara
- 17 Tanzania (Selous): Trip Report for Lake Manze Camp
- 18 Tanzania (Selous): Trip Report for Selous Impala Camp
- 19 Tanzania (Ruaha): Trip Report for Mwagusi Camp
- 20 Masai Mara Epic Big Five and Wildbeast Migration
- 21 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)
- 22 Wild Dogs (Lycaon pictus) seen in Samburu Kenya
- 23 Awesome trip and still not done
- 24 South Africa
- 25 Some Cape Town hotel - day tour suggestions?