I guess life is extremely easy when one arrives in Amman--rest of the itinerary falls in place following Ruth's advice. However, I need recommendation when doing it the other way round, i.e., arrriving in Aqaba from Nuweiba. So, here are my questions for my first 2 days in Jordan--please consider the fact that I have only 4-5 days in Jordan. I will be there in the end of the May
1. I will take the fast ferry from Nuweiba to Aqaba. As per the new timetable I should arrive in Aqaba at 3 (as they say "insha allah"). My goal was to leave for Wadi Rum the same evening. As per the Jordan Jublee, there would be no public transportation at that time. Does that mean that I will have to take a Taxi--if so how much should it cost?
2. Assuming that I arrive at Wadi Rum around 5 PM. What are my options in terms of tour? Ideally, I would prefer to spend "that" night in Bedouin tent and spend the next day doing the 4x4 jeep tour covering the major attractions mentioned by Ruth. In the evening I would love to head to Petra so that I can visit Petra ruins bright & early the next morning. Once again, I am aware that I would not get a bus from Wadi Rum to Petra in the evening, so I have to get a taxi.
Is this itinerary possible? Also, please feel free to add any recommendation that you think might be appropriate
Any input would be highly valuable
Aqaba to Wadi Rum in the evening--Transportation logistics
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Looking for out of the way places
- 2 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 3 Help: 4 days, 3 nights in (or our of) Johannesburg
- 4 February vs March in Tanzania - Dueling Trip Reports
- 5 Tanzania Safari
- 6 Kenya and Tanzania Trip Planning Help
- 7 Sabi Sands camps
- 8 AHLA Tanzania Mt. Kilimanjaro & Safari 4 days
- 9 Maldives, Seychelles or Mauritius??
- 10 trip report, morocco
- 11 Photos from Sept 2013 Safari to Uganda
- 12 Seeking Itinerary Routing for 3 week SA Trip
- 13 16 Days in South Africa (Victoria Falls, Zimbawe & Botswana)
- 14 First Time in Israel Tour Suggestions
- 15 East Africa summer 2014
- 16 Cape Town Safety?
- 17 first time family safari in August 2014
- 18 BOTSWANA - Maun (Okavango) to Chobe - 4x4 self drive...
- 19 Memory cards for camera
- 20 Self Drive SA, Botswana, Zimbabwe - help, 4x4 hire/border restrictions
- 21 Questions on 10 day Morocco winter vacation
- 22 London to Tel aviv What to expect at BG /Trans to Tel aviv / booking.com
- 23 place to sleep near airport for a 6 hour layover .. switching airports
- 24 Help with Rwanda trip
- 25 Have you been to East Africa ?Ethiopia?