I guess life is extremely easy when one arrives in Amman--rest of the itinerary falls in place following Ruth's advice. However, I need recommendation when doing it the other way round, i.e., arrriving in Aqaba from Nuweiba. So, here are my questions for my first 2 days in Jordan--please consider the fact that I have only 4-5 days in Jordan. I will be there in the end of the May
1. I will take the fast ferry from Nuweiba to Aqaba. As per the new timetable I should arrive in Aqaba at 3 (as they say "insha allah"). My goal was to leave for Wadi Rum the same evening. As per the Jordan Jublee, there would be no public transportation at that time. Does that mean that I will have to take a Taxi--if so how much should it cost?
2. Assuming that I arrive at Wadi Rum around 5 PM. What are my options in terms of tour? Ideally, I would prefer to spend "that" night in Bedouin tent and spend the next day doing the 4x4 jeep tour covering the major attractions mentioned by Ruth. In the evening I would love to head to Petra so that I can visit Petra ruins bright & early the next morning. Once again, I am aware that I would not get a bus from Wadi Rum to Petra in the evening, so I have to get a taxi.
Is this itinerary possible? Also, please feel free to add any recommendation that you think might be appropriate
Any input would be highly valuable
Aqaba to Wadi Rum in the evening--Transportation logistics
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Dubai - to go or not to go?
- 2 need private tour guide for Jordan
- 3 We're going to Jordan and Israel
- 4 Tanzania: Ruaha & Selous in June
- 5 Connect Hemisphere Safaris - BEWARE: Fraudulent, Incompetent
- 6 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 7 Choosing Between Africa Odyssey, Africa Adventure Company, & andBeyond
- 8 South Africa escorted tour - your comments please!
- 9 Choosing A Morocco Tour Operator?
- 10 Proposed Zambia Itinerary Update
- 11 Anyone going to Tanzania soon ?
- 12 Saudi Arabia and Oman?
- 13 Best time to go to South Africa?
- 14 Uganda Travel Planning
- 15 Israel and Jordan
- 16 Green Season Safari Questions
- 17 Tour of Morocco, is this a good one?
- 18 Tel Aviv Special Occasion Restaurant
- 19 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September
- 20 Ethiopia Omo valley tour(March 21-28)- Need a travel partner
- 21 Northern Circuit tour company
- 22 Delta trip Aug/28-9/10 Sooooo excited!!
- 23 Oman Trip Report
- 24 Family Itinerary - would welcome advice/opinion
- 25 A Look Back