Had pretty much decided upon Rwanda for a 2013 trip to see gorillas - combined with Mahale and Kenya. But TA suggested looking at Uganda to reduce overall cost of the trip. Sounds like Uganda has more foliage (ie impenetrable forest) and harder hiking compared to Rwanda. Anyone been to both who can offer some first hand advice?
Anyone been to BOTH Uganda and Rwanda for Gorilla Treks?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 A month in Africa - how to spend the time
- 2 Guide for Serengeti Wildebeest Migration Jan 2015
- 3 Outlets to visit at Ramee Palace Hotel Bahrain
- 4 South Africa in February?
- 5 best camera for semi-novice for safari in tanzania & kenya (nikon p500)
- 6 Where to go after visit to Uganda in late March/early April
- 7 Egypt: Suggestions for what to do afternoon around Giza
- 8 Riad Saturday Night vs. Riad Dar El Janoub
- 9 Dubai first time
- 10 Now is the Time fo Egypt...
- 11 Rwanda, Uganda and Tanzania
- 12 Zambia Impressions
- 13 Taste of Dubai
- 14 Morocco floods - areas affected
- 15 Zanzibar - from a resident's perspective
- 16 Magnificent wedding in the Masai Mara
- 17 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 18 Travel Report for Malawi - A Great Place To Relax
- 19 Serengeti Photo Safari - April 2015
- 20 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 21 Comments on Botswana itinerary with Wilderness Travel
- 22 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 23 Mauritius September 2015 - Silver Beach Resort or Emeraude Beach Attitude?
- 24 Don't go to Morrocco!
- 25 Where to spend extra night; Merzouga or Skoura?